Volvo - what think ye?

• Well everything changed - we went out today and hit every dealer for just about every make (fortunately they are all very near each other) and in the end my wife decided she didnt want the small suv/crossover at all - so after all of it and driving several and looking at many more she fell in love with the Volvo s60 sport sedan with the turbocharged 4. asked about where it was made because of the afore mentioned Chinese ownership issue and we were given a "content card" for the specific car she wanted and it disclosed where each of the various parts were made and then where it was assembled - The motor and related components are sourced from Sweden, the transmission is from Japan, and most of the rest is also from Sweden or the United States. Final assembly was at Americas first Volvo factory in Ridgeville, South Carolina, apparently America became the sole global source for the S60 sedan after production in China was phased out in early 2019.

So there it is - The Wife now is the proud owner of a Pebble Grey Volvo S60 fresh off the showroom floor

i-3fpnqnb-X2.jpg

i-p2NhRDN-X2.jpg

Edit was just reading up and apparently Volvo invested 1.1 billion in the U.S. to open this new plant and it created around 4000 jobs - - as such I feel pretty good about where our money went :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Very nice, good pick! Enjoy!

• and back home next to Cage Free

i-r6pScWK-X2.jpg

• Two last snaps before I let this thread fade away, but first I want to thank you all. even though my wife ended up going in a different direction I found the information you all shared to be very helpful especially knowing that Volvo was now owned by a Chinese company which made me aware of looking at where things were actually made before committing any $$. Our particular car is as follows:

U.S./Canadian Parts Content 20%

Foreign Parts content- Sweden 20%, Belgium 15%

Engine Parts: Sweden

Transmission Parts Japan

Final Assembly - Ridgeville, SC

i-D2JbdC6-XL.jpg

i-vw88td7-XL.jpg