Air Ambulance Ride

• This is the air ambulance insurance we have. Costs $65 per year, a little over $5 per month.

One of my brothers was taken in air ambulance after a car crash (he did not regain consciousness and passed a few days later.)

Family was stuck with a huge bill as insurance did NOT cover air ambulance. Only catch is that a medical professional has to call for helo ride - you can't do it yourself. I kinda figured that if I needed a ride like that, I wouldn't be in any position to make decisions on anything.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• This is the air ambulance insurance we have. Costs $65 per year, a little over $5 per month.

One of my brothers was taken in air ambulance after a car crash (he did not regain consciousness and passed a few days later.)

Family was stuck with a huge bill as insurance did NOT cover air ambulance. Only catch is that a medical professional has to call for helo ride - you can't do it yourself. I kinda figured that if I needed a ride like that, I wouldn't be in any position to make decisions on anything.

I wonder what the fine print say's... this is purty much like buying a gun and then paying a lawyer a monthly fee in case you need him/her if your attacked and need your gun to protect yourself.

• I wonder what the fine print say's... this is purty much like buying a gun and then paying a lawyer a monthly fee in case you need him/her if your attacked and need your gun to protect yourself.

We checked them out on the web when we signed up 3 years ago, seemed to be a reputable outfit. Certainly, do your due diligence on this just as you would with any such policy. Like "Extended Warranty" coverage - it's only as good as the company that stands behind it.

If you DO find negative indications, please let me know!

--Doc

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• We checked them out on the web when we signed up 3 years ago, seemed to be a reputable outfit. Certainly, do your due diligence on this just as you would with any such policy. Like "Extended Warranty" coverage - it's only as good as the company that stands behind it.

If you DO find negative indications, please let me know!

--Doc

What you say is very true, my mother in law thought she was paying a company to pay for her funeral when she died and when we called them they said she was just making a donation and didn't pay for anything. A lot of these banks and credit unions etc will send you letters trying to sell you life insurance (don't do it) there scams. The media reported that most of those company's never pay a dime after you die.