The Slingshot that burned...

• Some of you will remember this event from September 2016, the Slingshot that went up in flames on the side of the highway...

Found this video today that was recently posted by the owner.

Glad everything worked out for him.

The information has probably been out there for a while but the timeliness of this video, well....

Didn't thumbs up his video or comment to it.

Ya either love the Slingshot or ya hate it.

I suspect it, for him, would have been a short term ownership.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Girly man .....

I’ll ask the question of all of you....which I have been thinking about for quite some time.

1. DO YOU FEEL SAFE IN YOUR SLINGSHOT?

2. DO YOU THINK IT’S DEPENDABLE?

3. WOULD YOU BUY IT AGAIN?

My answer to all 3 questions is YES...

That said....I had an experience with a new ford pickup truck. It didn’t catch fire or anything that drastic but I’ll never buy another ford....if it would have been a Chevy or dodge I would probably feel the same about them.

Having any vehicle catch fire while you’re driving would be pretty upsetting. But he said he never felt safe driving it even before it caught fire. And it could burn off the rear tire in 1000 miles.....if you’re burning the rear tire off in 1000 miles I will question the safety of your driving, PERIOD.

Could a gas line have split or a clamp not have been tight enough, sure. Could the gas rail have been defective, sure. Could it have been a wiring issue that burnt a hole in the gas line, sure.

That is why they recommend doing a good safety inspection before every ride.

I had the refrigerator plastic water line crack under the the clamp holding to the fridge, and it leaked for 2 weeks before I found it leaking into my kitchen, bedroom and garage ruining a bunch of stuff causing $8,000 damage to belongings and the house. If it was a gas line the house wouldn’t be here...

FYI never use a plastic waterline for your refrigerator.....ask my how I know.....if you have one change it to copper....the plastic degrades or gets stiff from the ozone and chemicals in the water....