Tire pressure

• Last night was the coldest we have recorded. Last night was also a full moon. Last night was also a total eclipse of the moon....

I checked my tires under all those conditions and I should now be good to go until I replace the tires. :thumbsup:

Extremely cold outside temperature is just as bad as extremely hot temps....both will dramatically change the air pressure readings ....

• The manufacturer of the vehicle posts the pressure on the decal that the tire they install on the vehicle new is rated at. The pressure would only be applicable if you use the same exact tire. When installing anything else go by the installed tires recommendations. By the way do you all use the manufacturer oil, or do you use aftermarket oil? You might be using the same weight specs as the manufactures oil but it is a different additive package. Why do you do this yet use the old pressures on the new tires?

LC

• The manufacturer of the vehicle posts the pressure on the decal that the tire they install on the vehicle new is rated at. The pressure would only be applicable if you use the same exact tire. When installing anything else go by the installed tires recommendations. By the way do you all use the manufacturer oil, or do you use aftermarket oil? You might be using the same weight specs as the manufactures oil but it is a different additive package. Why do you do this yet use the old pressures on the new tires?

LC

My pickup truck engine warranty is void if I don’t use recommended type of oil. The tires sizes are not supposed to be changed to bigger or smaller sizes... so the factory recommended tire pressures should apply.

From a legal liability standpoint, the manufacturers could be off the hook if you didn’t follow the factory specified guidelines in the event of an accident. They will claim you changed the handling characteristics and created a dangerous situation. And if you put on giant oversized tires on your pickup...you reduced the braking power by many factors..causing extreme wear and tear on the vehicle parts possibly stressing them to the point of failure. The fine print always says use only Factory replacement parts.....if you didn’t you opened yourself up for liability...

We all do it....but just realize the implications...the first thing their lawyer will ask you for is your automotive engineering degree. Slam dunk....

• My pickup truck engine warranty is void if I don’t use recommended type of oil. The tires sizes are not supposed to be changed to bigger or smaller sizes... so the factory recommended tire pressures should apply.

From a legal liability standpoint, the manufacturers could be off the hook if you didn’t follow the factory specified guidelines in the event of an accident. They will claim you changed the handling characteristics and created a dangerous situation. And if you put on giant oversized tires on your pickup...you reduced the braking power by many factors..causing extreme wear and tear on the vehicle parts possibly stressing them to the point of failure. The fine print always says use only Factory replacement parts.....if you didn’t you opened yourself up for liability...

We all do it....but just realize the implications...the first thing their lawyer will ask you for is your automotive engineering degree. Slam dunk....

As long as the replacement oil or tire or any part meets or exceeds the manufacturers specs for that item you go anywhere for your parts or fluids.

We all know there are better tires that exceed the stock tires. I changed the rear tire to a tire that exceeds the stock tire. Rides better, accelerates better, stops better, and has a longer life. I would challenge Polaris to prove my replacement tire caused any failure of a stock component ( read Moss Magnasen Act).

I also use a none polaris oil that exceeds Polaris specs. Same deal, prove my oil caused the failure.

It is really a mute point, I would guess that less than ten percent of Polaris owners have not put something on or in our slingshots that Polaris would not approve.

Done

LC