Back-Up Camera for base model

• I too have a 2016 Base model and have all I need to do the install. However is there a way - or should I say - can you show me a way to have a switch on the dash that will have an option to have the back up camera on all the time? I am great with wrenches but the whole "wire" thing is new to me. Yes I can take it to the dealer or other outlet and say "when will it be done" but like my motorcycles I like doing this stuff myself. Any help would be appreciated!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I too have a 2016 Base model and have all I need to do the install. However is there a way - or should I say - can you show me a way to have a switch on the dash that will have an option to have the back up camera on all the time? I am great with wrenches but the whole "wire" thing is new to me. Yes I can take it to the dealer or other outlet and say "when will it be done" but like my motorcycles I like doing this stuff myself. Any help would be appreciated!

@SoCal, Are you running a stock radio or an aftermarket radio? Or are you planing to install a backup camera with a dedicated screen?

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• wow! that was fast! I have the below units. I have sent along a diagram of the back up camera wiring diagram as well.
    I have also a Slingmods Scosche radio harness with reverse camera retention. The camera retention that came with the
    harness is no good to me as I am not dealing with a stock head unit though.

Hope this helps you help me! Really appreciated!

Bob

BOSS Audio BV9378NV Double Din, Touchscreen, Bluetooth, Navigation/GPS, DVD/CD/MP3/USB/SD AM/FM Car Stereo, 6.5 Inch Digital LCD Monitor, Wireless Remote

Car Rear Vehicle Backup View Camera 8 LED Night Vision No Guideline Full HD CCD 170-Degree,Waterproof

• I also have and will install the Scosche Double Din Stereo Dash Kit with Sun Visor for the Polaris Slingshot (2015-17).
    I think this unit is SOOOO clean and nice as the visor and the sunken in screen I hope is best for the sunlight issue.
    I was a little slow to order though as the install is quite elaborate but having the base model I think I can install

the brackets from the engine bay with out taking apart the dash... time will tell.

• @SoCal, After reading the install and user manual, the radio itself has the ability to display the camera two ways, one with the shifting into reverse when the wire is attached to the reverse lights and also on full time using the mode button on the radio to access the rear camera. you really don't need an additional switch to have the camera on anytime you want it.

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

• I also have and will install the Scosche Double Din Stereo Dash Kit with Sun Visor for the Polaris Slingshot (2015-17).
    I think this unit is SOOOO clean and nice as the visor and the sunken in screen I hope is best for the sunlight issue.
    I was a little slow to order though as the install is quite elaborate but having the base model I think I can install

the brackets from the engine bay with out taking apart the dash... time will tell.

with the install kit it should be about a 4 hour job to do the entire install.

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

• @SoCal this is off-topic but welcome to the forum! I just answered your question 'elsewhere' regarding using aluminum on my luggage racks, but will respond further on my thread here and tag you when I do. You are in good hands here on this forum as you can see. There's lots of smart folk here willing to help. Good luck with the camera - it looks like you're getting the help you need!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Geeeezzzz feeling a little boneheaded as I did not get this from the manual. Appreciate you taking the time to point this out to me.

Appreciate ALL that have replied so fast and with such candor.

"After reading the install and user manual, the radio itself has the ability to display the camera two ways, one with the shifting into reverse when the wire is attached to the reverse lights and also on full time using the mode button on the radio to access the rear camera. you really don't need an additional switch to have the camera on anytime you want it."

• @SoCal, After reading the install and user manual, the radio itself has the ability to display the camera two ways, one with the shifting into reverse when the wire is attached to the reverse lights and also on full time using the mode button on the radio to access the rear camera. you really don't need an additional switch to have the camera on anytime you want it.

Mike, is that the users manual, or a different one? I freely admit I was just skimming through the manual, but I may also have a reading comprehension problem.

@MWSlingshot