Spark plugs after 14,000 miles with Hahn system

• I have had a few people ask me if I had ever changed my plugs since I had installed the turbo and up until today I have not. I put the recommended plugs in and gapped them per Bill Hahn's suggestion. This was done around 600 miles or close to it.

Today I had a beautiful valve cover to install so I tool this opportunity to pull my plugs and take a look. And before I show you my plugs I guess I need to also say that it is running and idling perfect.

So here they are.

Kinda beautiful I think. Each one has a clean look and the ceramic is even colored on each one. You can tell they have been warm but if your looking for 4 plugs that are dang near textbook this would be them. I could only ask that they be a smidgen more tan colored if I was being OCD about it.

I would stick them back in if I didn't have a new set sitting here. You can bet that these will become my spares that I keep in my toolbox.

One other thing to note. From what I had heard from some of the internet chatter I was expecting the front (forward) plug to be a bit more heated and possibly even have some of the electrode pitted. But as y'all can see that isn't the case.

@Painter beautiful work.

• You can bet it will be 50,000 before take the next plugs out to check them now that I have confirmed that things are running perfect.

This also should help put the Hahn owners minds at ease. If you are running the 2X system (or X2, whatever it is). You don't need to mess with the spark plugs. They are fine. @kenny_h put the ratchet down and step away.... :) :cool:

I love messing with Kenny. @Shack will be next with some aluminum billet spark plug caps.... :p

• Looks great @rabtech - when my map sensor malfunctioned there was a loud backfire. @Noel Hughes advised me to check the plugs. When I pulled em 2 of the 4 had cracked ceramic. Changed em out and haven't had any more problems. Just thought I would throw that in - I could very well be the only one that ever happened to :(

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Looks great @rabtech - when my map sensor malfunctioned there was a loud backfire. @Noel Hughes advised me to check the plugs. When I pulled em 2 of the 4 had cracked ceramic. Changed em out and haven't had any more problems. Just thought I would throw that in - I could very well be the only one that ever happened to :(

That would be a bit different. That was actually a good idea to check the plugs after you had that loud huge backfire happen. I'm referring to people just wanting to check them because of the "unknown" bothering them.

• That would be a bit different. That was actually a good idea to check the plugs after you had that loud huge backfire happen. I'm referring to people just wanting to check them because of the "unknown" bothering them.

In my case the "unknown" FAR exceeds the "knowns". Without the forum I barely can get the key in the ignition!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it