Brake pedal position?

• Does anybody know if there is a way to determine brake position or pressure? I know there is a switch for the brake light with is on/off.

But I'm looking for some way to monitor brake pressure or position. Kind of line Throttle position.

Thanks,

John
    2017 SL LE Midnight Cherry
    :COILOVERSS::TURBOSS::MOTOROILSS::FILTERSS::COLDAIRSS::DONKEYSS:

• I'm sure that you will have different pressures for the front calipers than the rear, so unless you run 2 pressure gauges you won't get an accurate pressure reading. Not sure just what you're actually looking to do, but installing a tee fitting inline with a pressure gauge will give you that reading

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Thanks!!!
    I'm considering logging some stuff and thought if I can get throttle position in a log, maybe get brake as well, but if there was a sensor for brake application to grab that instead of just the brake on/off.

I was not sure if the brake light switch was a position or on/off because of the traction control. Thought maybe it took into account the drivers force application in its calculations.

It's not worth it to me to read the pressure, just thought if the switch was already there I could pull it and log it.

Thank you!

John
    2017 SL LE Midnight Cherry
    :COILOVERSS::TURBOSS::MOTOROILSS::FILTERSS::COLDAIRSS::DONKEYSS:

• John, you have two hydraulic switches that are on the brake master cylinder. But those are both an off/on based on pressure. They wouldn't give you the exact pressures, just if it's in normal range or not. Those are the ones that fail all the time and sets the brake failure light and deactivates the cruise control when there are no brake failures (other than the junk switches)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE