Polaris updated ecu for EPAS issues

• Well, I've been waiting to get the steering re-flashed every since I read about the new 3.7 that Polaris put out. I didn't see any negative posts from members that had this performed, so today I paid a visit to my dealer and discussed the issue with them.
    The service manager was really attentive, even tho he had not heard or had experience with what I was describing. At first, he and his tech guy tried to say it was possibly normal, and I was maybe expecting a "race car" feel, and that maybe everything was simply normal to the Slingshot, and I needed to get used to it. They were nice about it, and I was very diplomatic, but steadfast in my claim. The tech guy said, no problem, since it only took 10-15 minutes to do the reflash, and that it did cover a new calibration for the steering EPS system. So I pulled it in their garage, and even helped do the hook-up and watched the tech go through the re-flash operation on his laptop. Sure enough, it only took about 10 minutes. The good news is that the re-flash definitely eliminated my steering issue!!!!
    I'm super excited as this was the only complaint I have with my Sling!!!!! The wife is happy too, since she noticed the issue and wasn't real comfortable with it either. Ok....just wanted to post this.....now it's time to hit the road again and go for another rip to enjoy the new steering we have!! :00000156::00000441::00000441:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• he and his tech guy tried to say it was possibly normal, and I was maybe expecting a "race car" feel, and that maybe everything was simply normal to the Slingshot, and I needed to get used to it

I get the same story every time I go to the dealer. I ask them to do the reflash they tell me they have file a ticket with Polaris to see if they advise it. I say "of course they advise it or it wouldn't be in your system". They tell me that it is normal. I tell them there is no way the dead spot in the steering is normal - I ask them if any motorcycle or car they have owned has a dead spot in the steering - they tell me no. I say exactly. They come back after "hearing from Polaris" that it is in fact "normal" and a reflash isn't needed. Thinking I may have to drive several hours for my next service to see if I can get the reflash from a different dealer

• I may have to drive several hours for my next service to see if I can get the reflash from a different dealer

unless you have a 2016.5, mfg after april, 2016 (I believe), if it has not had it- it is qualified. It is less than 10 minutes. They plug your unit into the into the laptop, enter your VIN, and download the latest software. This is a no-brainer. Print the update bulletin from Polaris, (post number 20, on page 1 of this thread), and hand it to them

• I get the same story every time I go to the dealer. I ask them to do the reflash they tell me they have file a ticket with Polaris to see if they advise it. I say "of course they advise it or it wouldn't be in your system". They tell me that it is normal. I tell them there is no way the dead spot in the steering is normal - I ask them if any motorcycle or car they have owned has a dead spot in the steering - they tell me no. I say exactly. They come back after "hearing from Polaris" that it is in fact "normal" and a reflash isn't needed. Thinking I may have to drive several hours for my next service to see if I can get the reflash from a different dealer

Mine is a 2016. Took delivery last September.
    Just as @NatomasSlingshot1 said...they plugged in, went to the Polaris service log in for the re-flash authorization code, and input my vin #, instantly got an authorization code, and proceeded to do the re-flash. Hell, they didn't even bother to make up any paper work for mine. When the re-flash process ended, they unplugged and said "There you go...all updated" and "Hope it works for you". Then we bullshitted for a while, and I left. The Service manager did ask me to call him and let him know if the re-flash did the trick so he would know better next time.
    If yours is a 2016 or earlier, the dealer should not be giving you the bullshit story about having to file a ticket or any other crap. They can simply input your vin # and get an authorization code. I spent more time talking about the problem than it took to do the re-flash!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• If yours is a 2016 or earlier, the dealer should not be giving you the bullshit story about having to file a ticket or any other crap

mine was '16.5- mfg 2/22/16.... made sure I had it updated before it left the dealer. Update goes by VIN, as to when they started installing in new SS.
    still- No BS should be coming from dealer!