Thread Locker

• If everyone is like me, I do not like to use the Red or Blue Locktite, because of it being so hard to break loose in some applications without heat. I have used this product for over 30 years in place of the Red Or Blue Locktite as a pipe dope, thread (LOC) sealer and also anti seize on stainless steel in high vibration areas. It does not harden and also is not necessary for you to reapply after you disassembly if you do not have a tube with you. Retighten what ever it is on and the part will not vibrate appart or loosen. Too me this is the best product of (ANY) type on the market for any person that does their own work on anything. It was developed for use on Stainless steel pipe to seal the threads and to keep the stainless from galling (stainless steel is bad about doing just that). It comes in a tube and does not go bad over time, it is a white paste made with teflon. The product is called Locktite 567 PST pipe thread sealant with teflon and the part number that I have for it is 56747. I have a tube of this product at every place that I have tools, that is how much that I use it. I have posted this information many times around the forum but decided that it needed it's own thread on the forum in the DIY section. I hope this helps many of you. Oh! By the way, I do not work for Locktite either. RIDE ON

• That IS an excellent product & is used in the nuclear industry. It’s a little pricey but worth it...

That is the stuff and worth every penny, unlike some stuff out there, and like I said it does not go bad as far as I know because I still have tubes over 25 years old. I still have a couple that have never been opened. One little drop will do you, it does not take much. Thanks @Tripod

• Permatex has a line of thread sealants - Thread Sealants Archives - Permatex. Their Blue High Performance Thread Sealant is rated to 10000 psi. The Red High Temp Thread Sealant is rated to 400F, as well as several other similar products.

I knew there was someone else that made something similar but I have no experience with the Permatex. I have used the Locktite ever since they came out with it somewhere around the mid seventies and were handing out samples