LA Auto Show and the SlingShot.

• @MiM it's a Jeep thing and I guess you don't understand.... :)

It's just a cool feature. It has a pop in panel to make it water tight. It's just another way to enjoy the Jeep out on the trail or just driving down the road.

As to it's origin it kind of calls back to the older CJ5 soft tops. My CJ5 I had in highschool had old school soft top with soft doors. The top had a zip down window and the lower half had a clean windows that you could see out of. It kind of pulls from this old feature.

Jeep didn't have to do it and from a cost standpoint really should have just been killed. What it tells you is there are still people at FCA and Jeep that understand it's more than the bottom line. It's about building on what a Jeep is and rather than reducing cool features they are adding them back in.

Did I mention that with the new 6speed manual, diff ratio and transfer case the Rubicon comes from the factory with a 83:1 crawl ratio and 33" tires... From the Factory!

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I understand the cool factor, but wondering if the big wigs had a "selling point" for them...

Cool to know, like you said, that it's just about being a Jeep and not needing a reason... :thumbup:

A way to sell more 1/2 door sets. The current JK 1/2 doors were not a high take rate item. The new doors offer a cool factor the old ones don't. Now factor in the base JK sport nets about 13k profit to Jeep on each model it does start to make sense. If you can get people to opt for the new half doors willingly you save the cost of the electric windows, door looks and glass windows. My guess it's a win win. The bean counters see a way to sell more 1/2 doors and slightly more profit and the Jeep lovers get a cool feature in return.

Agree that for one moment potential profits did not factor in. I just thinks its cool they found a way to make it an option people will want.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: