Heading to the Smokys

• The wife and I are heading to the Waynesville area early this coming Sunday morning. We will be in the area till the end of the month, part of the time staying with friends who also have an SS. We were at the Maggie Valley SS show this past summer and as a results, now both have new toys.

They live a mile from Ferguson Supply where the Rattler intersects highway 209. We went up to Hot Springs in a pickup when we were there this past summer. Looking forward to taking the SS up. We also expect to ride the Diamondback loop, the Snake, the Blue Ridge and of course the Dragon.

If anyone will be in the area from the 16th on and would like to get together, post me.

Attached are some images of the utility trailer I beat intosubmission to haul the SS. It has been completer since I took these photos.Before you whine about how it looks, remember I’m all about functional, not somuch about pretty.

• Waynesville....NC?

From Waynesville, go south on 276 through the woods. Nice little ride, lots of tight turns. About 75 min south on 276 (+/- 15 minutes depending on your riding style), past Brevard, you will come to a place called Cedar Mountain Cafe. They're open 8a-20th, every day but Tuesday, I believe. Killer menu. Breakfast highly recommended.

From there, 15 min further south, you will get to Caesar's Head State Park. That's in SC. Awesome views, nice stop.

From there, south for the next 15-20 min or so, is another nice set of hard twisties down the mountain.

From there you can turn around, or you can continue another 15-20 min down 276 to Traveler's Rest, SC. Awesome pizza joint, a brewery, an ice cream shop....lots of good food, actually. Worth checking out.

And from there, you're only 45 min from our house. There's beer in the fridge, open bar, and cigars on the back deck. Just sayin'.