shine & protection

• here is a question I would love if someone could answer. In my web research on the "what is the best wax" question here is one product that has popped up as very highly rated several times:

Liquid Glass LG-100

here it is on Amazon - please check it out

Now, what I want to know is why that link says it is not available for sale in the State of California?

as a side note it also seems to have been discontinued - :O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I believe it's against the law to sell Liquid Glass in the state of California because it contains aliphatic hydrocarbons. It's not illegal to own it there.

I used it a very long time ago and it did produce a nice finish, the paint should be thoroughly prepped before applying so you don't trap dirt particles in the application process.

• I use a product called Top Coat. It shines and protects my Slingshot. TopCoat® The Best High Performance Surface Sealant In The World

Agree! Used the TC F11 on my 2 wheeler when my knees still allowed a two wheeler but now use it on the car, truck and the sling. Very easy to use but kind of pricey. First time on a vehicle can use a lot of product but it takes less with each application. Does wonders on untreated plastic like air wings.

• Just picked some up at advanced auto parts here in Tulsa. My cousin’s wife used to do this for a living. Her recommendation is as follows:
    Clean but don’t wax or “clear coat protect” your sling. Ensure no dirt/old wax is on it. Park in shade or Garage (out of the sun). Apply with a terry cloth thinly in a back and forth method. Don’t let it get on the plastic or rubber. Keep a wet rag handy to clean off quickly should this happen. Let sit for 20 mins (it will haze) then wipe off with microfiber towel flipping it over frequently. Let it “cure” in the sun for 4 hours between coats. Five coats is optimal. Takes time but definitely worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• not that anyone really cares, but since this thread seems to have come back to life I will tell you what I have landed on as far as keeping my slingshot looking good.

Meguiar's Ultimate liquid Wax, Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax & Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer. These all seem to work well as a system and it seemed reasonable to stick with one product line

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies