Gopro or other video editing laptop recommendations

• Just a question on action cameras. Does shooting through the windshield have any effect on the video? I mean like reflecting of sun, trees and such? I have garmin ultra 30 with a mount for center post but it will be shooting through F4 +3 . Do I need to get it above or not? Looking for right placement. Thanking all in advance

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Just a question on action cameras. Does shooting through the windshield have any effect on the video? I mean like reflecting of sun, trees and such? I have garmin ultra 30 with a mount for center post but it will be shooting through F4 +3 . Do I need to get it above or not? Looking for right placement. Thanking all in advance

It does. Depending on tint, the video may be darker, but that can be adjusted in VIRB Edit. You will also get a little lens flair if the sun hits at 45 degrees. I tried mounting mine on my sling below initially (I had a smoked screen and was riding all day capturing footage to test ~> those were my noticeable results).

Learning from that, I shoot solely from above now... and leave image stabilization on (do that, and you are good to go)! :thumbup: That VIRB Ultra 30 is flawless (mine shakes like crazy when riding... but the video is always as smooth as silk)!

Note: Audio on the other hand... not so much because of wind (so I record with audio off and overlay music in all my videos). Soon, I will be putting in a really cool microphone (high heat) inside the motor to capture all the rev sounds (still researching this and will keep you posted).

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Thanks @ericastar76, I knew you would respond. I do not have tint on w/shield think I will try first but need to find extension to reach over I think they are called ram mounts. Will look little deeper. Thanks again. You comin to Eureka Springs?

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Thanks @ericastar76, I knew you would respond. I do not have tint on w/shield think I will try first but need to find extension to reach over I think they are called ram mounts. Will look little deeper. Thanks again. You comin to Eureka Springs?

"Ram Mounts" --- "deeper". @Boomer this is NOT the NSFW thread :00008172::00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Way back when (late 1980s/early 1990s), I owned an Atari Mega ST4 with 4 MB RAM back when RAM was around $1000/MB and also ran the Magic Sac emulator from David Small as well as an IBM PC emulator. At the time, I enjoyed using the Mac software as well as the Atari games, but finally decided it was too expensive trying to keep up with 3 different systems/OSes and switched to a PC-compatible.
    After that time, I lost interest interest in all things Apple for a variety of reasons, but primary among them was Apple's complete lack of memory expansion thru SD/microSD cards.

Sadly no. I need a trailer Hun... but rest assured that's on my to-get list! :thumbup:

Signature.png

• Way back when (late 1980s/early 1990s), I owned an Atari Mega ST4 with 4 MB RAM back when RAM was around $1000/MB and also ran the Magic Sac emulator from David Small as well as an IBM PC emulator. At the time, I enjoyed using the Mac software as well as the Atari games, but finally decided it was too expensive trying to keep up with 3 different systems/OSes and switched to a PC-compatible.
    After that time, I lost interest interest in all things Apple for a variety of reasons, but primary among them was Apple's complete lack of memory expansion thru SD/microSD cards.

Yeah, storage expansion has always been a complaint I had early on with them. TRUTH: I'm more of a Linux/Unix lover ~> but I'm getting lazy these days when dealing with package dependencies and repos (just not enough time in a day to tinker anymore).

Macs just work... and for what I'm doing (simple video/photo stuff) ~> their ecosystem fits my needs. :thumbup:

Signature.png

• Once I switched to IBM PC compatibles and learned how easy they are to build, I've built many systems for personal, Family and Friends' use.
    At one time, I took enough UNIX training to act as our on-site Administrator for a small network of Silicon Graphics workstations we used for modelling military operations at work, but I've forgotten way too much UNIX. I played around with Mark Williams Coherent UNIX-like clone back in the 1990s and I occasionally still pick up a copy of some LINUX magazines just out of curiosity, but I've gotten lazy with the ease of use and flexibility Windows provides.
    I also used to do a lot of raw video capture from broadcast TV for personal consumption using a Canopus ADVC Firewire converter and edited using the early TMPGEnc software from Pegasys because it allowed great flexibility in customizing the encoding algorithms enough to allow a 2 hr movie to fit on a 700 MB CD while still doing an acceptable job maintaining smooth motion, etc. Things have changed so much in the video-editing arena in the last 20 years or so! Now, I tend to capture straight to MP4, but I haven't really found any MP4 editing software I really like.