Scosche Double DIN dash mount

• Finished up my install tonight. I really do like it!!

@JamesB while the install isn't hard, it is time consuming. The entire dash has to be removed, to include mirrors, wind deflector and maybe more depending upon your mods. If you aren't handy with some tools and armed with some technical/mechanical know-how, you may want to have some help or a professional do the install. I am very happy with the way it turned out!! I just hope the plastic brackets on the sides of the radio hold up... :/ They look a little thin and they had quite a bit of flex. They seem to stiffen up a bit when they get attached to the head unit.

Dang it, gotta remove the dash again? Feels like I have done that a dozen times now. Looks great brosef!

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• I personally really like it. I think it has a better viewing angle and I'm not sure if it's the small visor or the better angle, but it does seem to be better in the sun as well. I'm glad I made the swap, my only concern now is making it whether resistant. I do have a couple ideas up my sleeve though!

My opinion.... definitely do it!

( just make sure you set aside a day or two to completely rip your slingshot a part)

Would probably also be wise to have a good quality and reliable head unit for this install... That Pioneer you have seems great... A cheapo Boss unit I might have tried, would be a pain when having an issue and needing to troubleshoot or replace again...

Looks really good though! Best double din dash mount to date... And at a fair price point!

$200...please! :thumbdown:

• With it being recessed, how is the downward angel when driving?

Also, how do you find using touch features on your head unit?

I think the fact it is recessed really helps with reducing sun glare and betters the viewing angle. Of course sun glare is not completely eliminated but it pretty good. No issues accessing features for me.

• I just purchased this mount myself. I wished I would have seen this post beforehand because I think I would have went another route. Will you need to pull the thing apart again to assess the switches now?

• I just purchased this mount myself. I wished I would have seen this post beforehand because I think I would have went another route. Will you need to pull the thing apart again to assess the switches now?

Not sure what you are asking about pulling it apart to access the switches. If you are looking at the last pic, that isn't the final install. The top pics is final install, the bottom pic is just where I had it mocked up to see what it was going to look like, but the switches weren't reinstalled for that.

I think it's the best option out there right now! It's a bit of work, but I think you'll be happy with it!

• I think @ahm700 means once done, if you ever want to mess with the switches or access wiring behind there, it would require total disassembly (he's thinking)... Where now, at least for me and just the cubby, I pull it out and pop it in as needed... Wait, that sounds wrong... :/

• Oh yeah... that'll suck! Get all the switch work done prior to or during the install of this. I see how it could be kind of a pain, but it's also some security. No one cares to steal the crap stock radio, but if you had a nice aftermarket double din, you wouldn't want it to just pop out. It'd probably go missing rather quickly if it did.

• It's a great looking mount, but I'm concerned about if it rains???

I went with the Marine double din cover.

Looking forward to see how people make it waterproof or how it fairs in the rain.

John
    2017 SL LE Midnight Cherry
    :COILOVERSS::TURBOSS::MOTOROILSS::FILTERSS::COLDAIRSS::DONKEYSS: