TricLED warranty claim

• Has anyone ever done a warranty claim with TricLED where they want you to take the faulty part(s) out of your Sling (in this case, 2 of my 6 headlights), cut the cables on the faulty components, and send them a picture of the mutilation before they'll cover the warranty? Seems excessive...

And from a technical point of view, is it safe for me to drive the Sling around with 2 energized harnesses not connected to a load, just flopping around under the hood, while I wait for TricLED to get their shit together?

I'm beginning to feel like their headlights and halos just aren't worth the hassle....

• Its one thing to request to get the old parts back, for examination or whatever but to ask for pictures of said mutilation, is rather petty and very unorthodox.

As far as having a live circuit as long as you tape it well you should be fine as long as you don't have a controller that requires a load to prevent burnout. ( as far as I know no aftermarket parts sold for the SS has one)

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Its one thing to request to get the old parts back, for examination or whatever but to ask for pictures of said mutilation, is rather petty and very unorthodox.

As far as having a live circuit as long as you tape it well you should be fine as long as you don't have a controller that requires a load to prevent burnout. ( as far as I know no aftermarket parts sold for the SS has one)

I agree on unorthodox and petty.

I'm also thinking, since I'm not much of an electrical guy, and since TricLED is asking me to operate the system abnormally without any other guidance or warnings, that they would be liable for whatever happens to my Sling electrically after I do what they want me to.

@Bill Martin, what do you think?

• I agree on unorthodox and petty.
    I'm also thinking, since I'm not much of an electrical guy, and since TricLED is asking me to operate the system abnormally without any other guidance or warnings, that they would be liable for whatever happens to my Sling electrically after I do what they want me to.

@Bill Martin, what do you think?

Get them to send you printed instructions - anything else would be hearsay...sorry

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it