• I just went and picked it up after the 20,000 mile service. Changed all oil, new brake shoes, back tire and back O2 sensor. Flushed the brake fluid lines. I am now ready to start the next 20,000 miles. 2013 Softail Slim, red of course The first Harley I have owned, I have been riding since May,1964

• I just went and picked it up after the 20,000 mile service. Changed all oil, new brake shoes, back tire and back O2 sensor. Flushed the brake fluid lines. I am now ready to start the next 20,000 miles. 2013 Softail Slim, red of course The first Harley I have owned, I have been riding since May,1964

Similar...I've got my first Harley also..A black Lowrider with 5000 miles plus several mods of course..Have always owned a bike and started riding a few years after you. I was pleasantly surprised with the Harley as I've been bashing them for years.

• Wanted one before, but didn't buy my own until I was 30. I've had several, all FLH frames. First 2 were FLHTC, a 1984 then a 1990. The next were Road Kings, a 1997, soon traded back for a 1996 with a carb. Then I got a Road Glide, liked it, but felt it was an old man's bike and ended up trading it off.... was a 2004. Then I got a 2007 Road Kind Police with the 103, that was a fun bike. I traded it for a 2012 Road King that I still have. Also had some "beater bikes" in there. A 1994 FLHS, a 1998 Road King, and a 2005 Road King. We still have my wife's 2005 Super Glide Custom also. I've put around 450,000 miles on bikes, mostly Harleys, in my lifetime.

But, along came the Slingshot. Put about 1000 miles on the Harley since I got the SS 14 months ago. Only 125 this year. Wife's has less, about 450. SS on the other hand has nearly 20,000 on it.

• But, along came the Slingshot. Put about 1000 miles on the Harley since I got the SS 14 months ago. Only 125 this year. Wife's has less, about 450. SS on the other hand has nearly 20,000 on it.

My Sling has been at dealer for 2+ weeks with another 2 to go..I've been riding the Harley a lot during that time..Nice to have backup and the Sling doesn't satisfy the occasional urge to ride a normal motorcycle.

• My Sling has been at dealer for 2+ weeks with another 2 to go..I've been riding the Harley a lot during that time..Nice to have backup and the Sling doesn't satisfy the occasional urge to ride a normal motorcycle.

@Flybuddy, I feel the same way sometimes, especially when I see a nice heavy cruiser out and around on a gorgeous day. But, I've come to realize that I never really felt comfortable on the bike, like I was always waiting for someone to take me out. Plus, I have more confidence driving the Sling harder. So, I have to say that I am completely happy with the Slingshot, even if I do have occasional desires to get up on two.