Drive belt adjustment

• So when you adjusted yours, did you loosen the pivot shaft? Or just the nut on the end. I loosened every nut and bolt on the angle drive and it wouldn't budge. The only thing I didn't loosen was the pivot shaft itself.

I didn't loosen the pivot shaft, only the nut, since it wasn't part of the instructions in the book. Tightening the belt was easy, but trying to loosen it was a frickin bear!!!
    I was pretty much at the end of my rope, then I used a large rubber mallet on the rear belt pulley, and that seemed to have done the trick for me. I was really careful when I re-tightened all the bolts after that, so I didn't get the belt too tight again (no way did I want to fight with trying to get it loose again!!).
    I read on the other forum that some people have had the same issue with loosening the unit, and even the rubber mallet didn't help them. Some also posted that loosening the pivot shaft itself did the trick, but I can't vouch for that.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Yeah, I gave up on mine. I figured it was loose/tight enough! I was mainly trying to get it loose enough to get the belt back on after doing the axle grease zerk thing. Finally just undid the shock bolt on the clevis and let it go down as far as I dared. That worked good.