Just bought bill's used Hahn turbo... What else do I need to buy?

• I hope to have a new smaller pulley from a great mentor soon!!! wink-squared So once thats installed Id like to meet up and do the same!

@STYLN hopefully you are referring to @Slingrazor as the great mentor ? It is not recommended that you make changes to our supercharger kit with out consulting us first. However if you are working with Trent I am sure he will steer you in the right direction. Smaller pulley sizes have been carefully tried and tested here on our dyno and come with matching supporting modifications to keep your engine happy and safe.
    And now, having read this thread, I am sure you have seen that there is no need to take your sling to get dyno tested. Bob is the only qualified person to adjust the slingshot calibration, especially on our DDMWorks SC Kit. And we already have Dyno charts for almost every possible configuration on the slingshot.
    Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you ! Hope you are enjoying your slingshot :thumbup:

Jeff Mellor
    DDMWorks
    119A Highway 183
    Piedmont, SC 29673
    Orders - 864-438-4949
    Tech Support - 864-907-6004
    www.DDMWorks.com

• @Garrett Taguchi if you enjoy life and your sling keep that traction on while doing regular driving that would be strictly for fun usually maybe on track with some sticky tires or doing doughnuts . I'm running like 12-13 psi on alpha setup I never take off traction especially when you can feel it looking for traction when you mash the gas in 3rd

• So I do notice the sputtering while switching into the next gear in aggressive (not redline) driving and the tc did not engage... This also did it with my friends ecu... Is this normal? It doesn't happen all the time. Also notice some loud clanks when accelerating hard, the sound is similar to the spring setting on my rear shock (but I know it's not that). I'm guessing it's my belt skipping teeth? Should I tighten the belt? Right now it's looser than factory setting because that's what a lot of people on the forums have been suggesting to avoid bearing failure...

• @STYLN hopefully you are referring to @Slingrazor as the great mentor ? It is not recommended that you make changes to our supercharger kit with out consulting us first. However if you are working with Trent I am sure he will steer you in the right direction. Smaller pulley sizes have been carefully tried and tested here on our dyno and come with matching supporting modifications to keep your engine happy and safe.And now, having read this thread, I am sure you have seen that there is no need to take your sling to get dyno tested. Bob is the only qualified person to adjust the slingshot calibration, especially on our DDMWorks SC Kit. And we already have Dyno charts for almost every possible configuration on the slingshot.
    Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you ! Hope you are enjoying your slingshot :thumbup:

@Jeff@DDMWorks I will not speak of my mentor until things are official but you can rest assured I'm in great hands. As far as a tune, you folks may have exactly what you said "almost every configuration possible" but unless you have my sling in your shop with the custom header and new re-routed rear exhaust, you have not done them all. On my last set up I had Bob make 3 changes before it was right and the 3rd time was a charm because he was able to ride with me on the last tune on my NA sling. You guys are great but I do not run a standard "cookie cutter" set up and a tune would not hurt while working on a dyno. Weather it's Bob or @Garrett Taguchi guys. I'm sure like you, they are good at what they do and if there's a problem then my mistakes will be your knowledge of what not to do! Lol. Thanks for all your help buddy!

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Another thing, before I go have another bung welded in, any suggestions for making the one I already had welded on? Didn't account for the clearance of the metal hose in the way... Is there possibly a shallow wideband sensor that will fit in there when I install an afr gauge? Possibly a 90 degree angle?

• Glad you got a hold of Bob and got some good information before you already had set sail on the other planned "adventure".

Tuning these things is no joke and a lot of people say they can until they see what they are actually dealing with. Don't be an experiment with someone and risk getting a bad tune and/or frying your ECM.

You most likely are hearing the belt skip teeth. It is common if it's too loose and your shifting hard from 1st to 2nd.

I run tractional control off (stability control on) anytime during spirited driving. I do this because I don't want the traction control to interfere with power delivery if the vehicle starts to spin. It makes the vehicle feel odd and sometimes messes with AFR readings. If you ever get too crooked, the stability control comes to the rescue and keeps you in check.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Another thing, before I go have another bung welded in, any suggestions for making the one I already had welded on? Didn't account for the clearance of the metal hose in the way... Is there possibly a shallow wideband sensor that will fit in there when I install an afr gauge? Possibly a 90 degree angle?

Nope. Plug that one up and weld another one in that has correct placement and clearance.

• Yea, glad Bob got a hold of me when he did.... Guess I was too excited over a custom tune... Anyways, do u experience the sputtering? I read a thread on this forum where @rabtech mentioned that the charged air did not have enough time to discharge before accelerating on the next gear, which would have caused it to sputter.. I see that it's a common problem, so that makes me feel better... I double checked all clamps, hoses, etc...

• It's too hard to guess without having a video of what's happening or AFR and Boost info from a gauge.

Did it do it when Bob was riding with you? What RPMs and gears is it acting up?
    [/b]
    [/b]

• We did not take a ride... Bob was very busy, and meeting up with him was a last minute thing, so he did not have time... It happens on more or less all gears (haven't tried it from 4th to 5th)...if I'm accelerating hard, then shift gears and get right back on the throttle, it will sputter, I can almost do it on command now... Here's what rabtech said, and it makes sense:

• So the aem failsafe gauge comes with a small (smaller than the 7/32 vacuum hose that comes with the Hahn turbo) hose and small T fitting... It's also plastic! For those that have this gauge, how did you go about installing this? Did u use a small to large adapter? Or did u just by a larger T and hose?

• Go to an autopart store a buy a bag of fittings and reducers. You can get a T with a reducer for that hose size very easily. No reason to buy and run bigger hose to that gauge.

Bought a combo pack for like $5 and they come in really handy to have around.

Edited once, last by TravAZ ().

• @TravAZ so I went to pep boys (after spending a lot of time searching through internet, including Amazon) and ccould not find anything with the specs 7/32 or 7/64... Ideally I'd like to use the valve stem (not sure that's what it's called) under the intake manifold with the extra ports for gauges etc... Since I couldn't find a brass fitting that has a barbed 7/64 nipple, I bought 2 of these universal reducers... I'm just gonna cut the hose that goes from the waste gate to the "valve stem", use a reducer on each end, put a piece of 7/64 hose (that came with the aem gauge) on each reducer, and then use the T fitting that came with it... So will this affect the turbo since the hose will start as 7/32, reduce down to 7/64 and then back to 7/32?

• If you are referencing your wastegate on the manifold side, I would keep that hose by itself. You don't want a vacuum leak on that hose and adding lines to it will cause more points of possible failure.

I would T into the other house from your BOV to your intake manifold. The second link has Ts that also reduce.

If you can't do the above, T the line and the use a small piece of that hose and then reduce to a small hose to your gauge.

http://www.autozone.com/fittin…6012_0?_requestid=3866328

http://www.autozone.com/fittin…tor-assortment/365546_0_0

• Ok I saw a lot of these online and at pep boys... So I'm guessing that I will never find a fitting with 7/32 or 7/64 specs... Im assuming that the links u posted are more or less standard sizes and the hose (since it's flexible) will stretch to those standard sizes?

• Correct. That is why I mentioned to just grab a variety pack and there should be something in there that works.

Hose is flexible. If you need to coax it onto a fitting, use a lighter and then slide it on. Zip tie everything afterwards.

• Sure, that is fine.

Not sure why you would but it though when you can use glass cleaner and a little heat from a lighter on the small hoses.