Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• And now the Senator from Montana Steve Daines says he is going to his daughter’s wedding on Saturday if they have the vote instead of taking care of American business that he is paid to do. What a bunch of crap we have representing us!!!!

McConnell has known about this for a while, its even been mentioned by others a few days ago .... he is a master of procedure so I am sure he has a plan ......

Daines will be voting Friday morning to end cloture .... was wondering why McConnell stated the vote will be early in the day and not at 1:10am (the earliest they can) .... maybe he is moving the vote to Sunday so no rush .... would also have the side effect of holding Dem Senators over for the weekend so they can't go home and stump .....

Either way I highly doubt he will risk a vote if he doesn't have his butt covered... happened once and he doesn't seem the type to let it happen again .....

...... politician-squared

EDIT: Procedure dictates they can vote any time after ending cloture, I don't see it happening but if the dems don't want to run out their 30 hours they could vote immediately after the cloture vote or any time after .... I'm not going to hold my breath on that though ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• He actually said not everything he did was on the calender, brushing teeth and church were two of his examples. This no different than the "Russia" investigation. Start on one topic and expand it until something bad can be found. Unfortunately the media and dems have hurt their own cause. If everything is a bombshell and fail to produce any evidence nothing matters anymore.

• They have become the boy who cried @WOLF. 8o

I like the "cried @wolf" @Red :thumbsup:

In relation to parties, he was asked under oath and said that he was essentially a choir boy and the party listed in the calendar was his only one because he was busy studying and doing community work... That is one of those common knowledge lies I was talking about. You know he went to more parties, you know he said that shit because more parties equals more opportunity for a matching date(if she ever remembers it). Why did he lie? Lying about crap like that only makes you look guilty. Nobody cares that he partied, that is what people do most at college, get obliterated doing keg stands.

• And now the Senator from Montana Steve Daines says he is going to his daughter’s wedding on Saturday if they have the vote instead of taking care of American business that he is paid to do. What a bunch of crap we have representing us!!!!

I dont know - if it was my daughters wedding I would go too. Pissing off you and me is one thing, pissing of the wife, daughter, mother in law and all of the rest - - that shit is forever - - might as well put a gun in your mouth

:/

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I dont know - if it was my daughters wedding I would go too. Pissing off you and me is one thing, pissing of the wife, daughter, mother in law and all of the rest - - that shit is forever - - might as well put a gun in your mouth
    :/

You got a point there - I get carried away sometimes - part of the reason for my early retirement was work came before EVERYTHING and my bride indicated that complaint quite vociferously. As important as this vote is that was my knee jerk reaction - this is very hard for me to do but I concede ;(

PS. Damn - I still hate losing :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• In relation to parties, he was asked under oath and said that he was essentially a choir boy and the party listed in the calendar was his only one because he was busy studying and doing community work... That is one of those common knowledge lies I was talking about. You know he went to more parties, you know he said that shit because more parties equals more opportunity for a matching date(if she ever remembers it). Why did he lie? Lying about crap like that only makes you look guilty. Nobody cares that he partied, that is what people do most at college, get obliterated doing keg stands.

Firstly you are confusing the timeline .. the party referenced in his calendar was when he was in High School, not College ... his Junior year of High School (1982) to be specific ...

You have done this several times but I can understand it because a couple news sources and the ladies on the View are doing the same, purposefully I am sure ....

Secondly you do not "know" anything you claim, you have no first hand knowledge and no one has come forward to dispute his testimony or calendar entries so are only assuming he "lied" based on repeated flawed information used to form your own opinion .. exactly the type of thing you point out as disingenuous when other do the same....

..... angel-squared

• You are much tougher than me if you actually watched The View. I’m not sure which one makes me puke first—- Whoopi or Joy —- maybe the first to open their mouth :00008172:

• I want to throw this out there for discussion- All these women out there protesting, screaming at people, throwing temper tantrums - how would they feel if the same thing happened to their father or brother or son? The women I have posed this question to have said “it depends on the facts” or “that would never happen to my guys”. Don’t get this - the facts exonerate Judge Kavanaugh. “Never happen to my guys”. I’m quite sure Judge Kavanaugh’s wife never dreamed this would happen to her husband- I have a feeling that some of ones screaming the loudest may STFU if it happened to their loved ones the exact same way it happened to the Judge. Opinions ????

• Firstly, :) I was watching the news last night and thought to myself, "oh shit, I mixed the timelines". I was going to post a correction, but figured you or Bill would handle that for me. So thank you.

Secondly, it would be easier to keep track of if there were less allegations.

Thirdly, I'm glad you pointed out the information out there is flawed( incomplete). ;)

Fourthly, :D Im sorry. :love:

• Out of curiosity, how much info is enough info?

What if there were 19 woman, spanning the continent and decades that made claims against him?

What if he had a history of paying off accusers for their silence?

What if his own wife brought legal charges against him?

What if there was audio tape of him saying he does such things?

Would you need a court to decide that case for you?

Asked and answered. ;)

• Btw, there isn't enough evidence at the moment to say Kavenaugh is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I never said he did it. I was just wondering how much evidence is required to get some of you to contemplate the women might be telling the truth?

• Your old, "they did it first" defense. Very predictable. So much so, I almost wrote a special sentence to spare you from responding @Orangeman. If I typed every one of your canned responses , I would never hear from you. I have to keep you engaged somehow. love-squared

I'll just leave this right here while I go get some important stuff done ........

........ ninja-squared

• Crystal Gail Mangum
    Christine Blasey Ford

Is there a difference?

• Ones not a convicted murderer.
    Do you really want to go to the , "if one did it, they all do it" argument?

I am just pointing out that we have no more evidence to show for one than the other - - - I am all for women and I think any kind of assault against a woman should be severely punished, but I am very afraid that the me too movement is pushing the idea that all women should be believed until they are proven wrong and to me this is a very dangerous way to go because even if proven wrong later the damage that can be done is pretty much irreversible - - - - you splash these kinds of allegations against a man across the news and in many peoples eyes that man will forever be guilty no matter what happens later the damage has been done.

When there is a accusation that a crime has been committed yet there is no evidence that the crime even took place I think the burden of proof lies with the accuser. It should never be the responsibility of the accused to provide a defense - - I do not know you well enough to be 100% sure where you stand on this, but judging from your posts it seems to me that you believe the exact opposite - - Is that correct? do you think there should be a burden placed on Kavanaugh to show innocence. Do you believe that just because Mz Ford seems like a nice person that her story should be given any more credence than a story by someone saying they saw big foot with absolutely no evidence?

I dont - Mz Ford may be the nicest person in the world and Mr Kavanaugh might like to kick puppies, but without some kind of evidence Mz Ford's story might as well be a big foot story

• You haven't paid attention to my posts if that is your take away.

As you stated, allegations such as these stick with you whether they are false or not. These were new allegations, my point has been, why not do a full investigation? Why if you are innocent, and this will stick to you forever, would you not demand a full investigation to prove your innocence rather than leave it in the court of popular opinion. Get the "stick" off you, as it were.

I think all allegations should be taken seriously and investigated completely. I don't think women should be considered guilty of being liars with an agenda without proof. That seems to often the case.

Everyone that accuses these women of being liars with an agenda. Where is your proof? The burden to prove that lies on you, not the alleged victim.

• I started to create a thread in the womens section.... decided my rant time is limited due to work... will save it for another day..

Cliff Notes of aforementioned rant:

The only thing these so called "BRAVE" women are doing by stepping forward 20 and 30 something years later to accuse men of rape..... first, you are not believable and I do not support you. I've never been raped... but have been made to feel VERY uncomfortable with a man's willingness to try something... and before the sun set that evening..... SOMEBODY knew about it... whether my mother, sister, best friend, or husband... and that person who made me uncomfortable? I did NOT speak to them again in a friendly way at the grocery store or any other meeting... as mrs.. Ford says she seen Bret at the grocery store afterwards and STILL SPOKE TO HIM... after claiming she thought he was going to "accidentally kill her"

Cue the biggest eyeroll ever.... you lying B×××h....

Cosby? Cosby admitted to drugging women when he was young and the day and time was the biggest drug revolution known at that time....

How many men have bought me alcoholic drinks with ulterior motives? Can I sue them too? Alcohol is a drug too!

Yet Cosby's accusers wait til the man is 80 damn years old.... to come forward.

There should be a statue of limitations...there should be TANGIBLE EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCUSATION- sperm, internal bruising, ripped clothes explaining a fight to get away.... these should be documented.... and in a REAL RAPE CASE, where the woman hasn't a personal/political agenda.... these things ARE documented... if none of these things are reported, or seen, witnesses and you didnt tell anyone until you could have a personal gain by telling rape?? You should be shown the front door.. A trial based solely off your word against his should be dismissed. Statue of limitations should be set at 2-3 years- OR LESS. If a man does you wrong in such a way as these mentioned? First, REPORT IT ASAP. TO SOMEONE. ANYONE..
    Because women talk to each other and best friends keep secrets... where's Ford's best friends from that time period? Were they questioned?
    Second, if you wait until the man accused has a vast fortune, or runs for a political office.... and decide to step forward decades later?

YOU ARE NOT A CREDIBLE ACCUSER. YOU ARE FITTING A PERSONAL OR POLITICAL AGENDA.

This is what pisses me off.......

I WORK LIKE A MAN... IN ORDER TO EARN THE RESPECT OF MY MALE COUNTERPARTS AND ALSO BE RECOGNIZED AND CONSIDERED FOR HIGHER PAYING POSITIONS WITHIN MY WORKPLACE THAT ARE, IN FACT DOMINATED BY ALL MALES.
    And you lying, late to the principals office, piece of lowlife, greedy whores continually remind MEN COWORKERS, WHY A WOMAN WORKING IN THEIR MIST IS A BAD IDEA.

You support MeToo? That tells me YOUR DUMBASS SUPPORTS WOMEN INEQUALITY, YOU SUPPORT ME NOT BEING ABLE TO CONSIDERED FOR INJECTION MOLD TOOL CHANGER/ CRANE OPERATOR POSITIONS- THOUGH I HAVE A TOTAL OF 8 YEARS NOW EXPERIENCE, AND CRANE CERTIFICATION AND 4 YEARS TOOL CHANGE EXPERIENCE....

SO THANK ALL YOU BXXXHES THAT CONTINUALLY KEEP ME IN A LOWER WAGE BRACKET, AND KEEP MY MALE COWORKERS FEARFUL TO WORK TOO CLOSELY WITH A FEMALE. THANK YOU FOR REMINDING MEN WE HAVE VAGINAS. AS IF THEY COULD FORGET.

MeToo?

Let's fix this statement:

I apply for jobs in my workplace that other women do not apply for and are currently filled with an all Male team... these are the higher paying positions. In spite of my training, abilities, and skills, I cannot even be considered, I cannot even get an interview..
    And all the hard working women who denounce using their " I am a woman" card said? ? ? #MeToo "

:00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003:

HERES SOME ADVICE TO WOMEN EVERYWHERE......
    IF YOU DONT WANNA DRINK ALCOHOL, AVOID GOING TO BARS, HANGING OUT WITH ALCOHOLICS, VISITING THE NEIGHBORHOOD ABC STORES......
    IF YOU DO THE ABOVE........ YOUR GIVING THE WRONG IMPRESSION AND SOMEBODY WILL EVENTUALLY BUY OR FIX YOU A DRINK ! GET IT?

Yeah, you verbally or nonverbally,
    ASKED FOR IT.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

Edited once, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• BTW... 51 to 49 vote passed....

Doesnt that just set the democratic agenda party on fire? HAHAHA.....

The DNC will now spend more "persuasive monies" to 3 lucky Senate Republicans..
    And those that change their votes will be the tell tale sign of the winners in the DNC's lucky lottery....

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• That was "cliff notes". Damn!

Since you brought up the #metoo movement and how, though I have always treated women as equals, I should be fearful like other men, and my behavior is excusable because of those #metoo "bxxxhes", I just say, "please sit down sweetheart, we care what you think, but the men are talking" :00008172::00008356: