Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• He did about 15 of those in the last weeks @FunCycle. Somebody joked that since it has Gold in the name, Trump wouldn't try to reverse it. Though I heard national parks and the like are especially hard to undo.

If Trump didn't go against his own advise and telegraph his plan to "undo everything Obama did/does", Obama might not of thought to make things almost impossible. Just another Trump was right moment. ;)

• Once the Dow hits 50,000, Trump will have hit the pathetic growth % of the DOW under Obama. Shhh. Don't tell the conservatives. ;):D

Yes but hopefully it will be true economic growth fueling the rally rather than our national debt rising due to the stimulus packages that falsely propped it up. ;):D

• Yes but hopefully it will be true economic growth fueling the rally rather than our national debt rising due to the stimulus packages that falsely propped it up. ;):D

I agree @Slunglow. He started at such a low point, thanks to Clinton's 8 yrs, he couldn't help but have it go up. I only brought that % thing up, because everyone is so excited and praising Trump. When Obama had the longest monthly streaks of job growth and stock market growth ever(records). He was hitting record Dow highs monthly. Many on here said he was doing "horrible, the worst ever". I was just reminding those folks where the "pathetically low bar Obama set was"

Again I know he started low, I know the Fed didn't raise interest but twice for a combined 1/2%. But starting in the gutter and hitting record highs in my book is a greater achievement than hopping on an up elevator and proclaiming you're great for getting to the next floor up.

• I agree @Slunglow. He started at such a low point, thanks to Clinton's 8 yrs, he couldn't help but have it go up. I only brought that % thing up, because everyone is so excited and praising Trump. When Obama had the longest monthly streaks of job growth and stock market growth ever(records). He was hitting record Dow highs monthly. Many on here said he was doing "horrible, the worst ever". I was just reminding those folks where the "pathetically low bar Obama set was"
    Again I know he started low, I know the Fed didn't raise interest but twice for a combined 1/2%. But starting in the gutter and hitting record highs in my book is a greater achievement than hopping on an up elevator and proclaiming you're great for getting to the next floor up.

I agree @WOLF it's way too early to celebrate but IMO the stock market is one of the best indicators of economic optimism. And economic optimism is certainly running high at the moment so I think we can both agree to celebrate the moment and have high hopes it continues regardless of what is causing it. :thumbsup:

• because everyone is so excited and praising Trump

Curious ........ who here praised President Trump or attributed the gain to him in this thread ?

A milestone was simply posted and questioned if it would last ...... with absolutely no mention of President Trump in that post or any that followed ... Until yours ... wink-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• @Orangeman are you really asking me to go back through every page since his election? Because it started two days after his election and popped up periodically since.

One could argue the size of the increase being attributed to Trump and I would agree. The market appears more confident. To credit Trump with record highs while disparaging Obama who was hitting record highs before Trump even entered the political arena is the only part that bothers me. ;)

• Speaking of the economy, Kim and I are certainly doing what we can to keep it going...
    This morning we made a full cash offer on Hitching Post Inn the restaurant/bar that has been in my family for 45 years. The deadline on sibling/spouse only offers expires at midnight tonight. So we will either be celebrating our accepted offer or the fact that someone else in the family will be shouldering all of the stress of bar ownership. We shall see... :00000436::00008040:

• Come on Bill, except for the two guys in the middle, that leveled it out for a few, you could put a ruler on that and get a straight line down. It sucks and it's very far from ok, but it's there. I hope Trump takes every chart and blows the roofs off them, or the bottoms(I'm looking at you National Debt :cursing: ). I wish him every ounce of luck in turning bad trends around and growing good trends even bigger. I only ever wish and hope for the best for America, I never wish failure upon anybody in a position to better our country(unlike half the shitheads in Washington rooting against eachother). ;)

• @Tripod look at Proclamation Number 251 signed by obama

Obama himself invoked this act. This was brought to our attention by @NatomasSlingshot1. Link here:

POLITICS SUCK

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• That's awesome @Slunglow. I hope you win all that responsibility for yourselves. Keep us posted. :thumbsup:

Thanks @WOLF our home was going to be paid off in 4 short years just in time for me to retire... I guess I can kiss that goal goodbye.
    A home equity line of credit seems like the way to go... better interest rate than a commercial loan and a whole lot less fees. The plan is to keep my factory job and tackle some remodel projects at the bar in my spare time. She will be managing a group of therapists at the rehab center and managing the bar in her spare time.
    It's gonna be a long 4 years, I sure hope it's all worth it. :/

• Thanks @WOLF our home was going to be paid off in 4 short years just in time for me to retire... I guess I can kiss that goal goodbye.A home equity line of credit seems like the way to go... better interest rate than a commercial loan and a whole lot less fees. The plan is to keep my factory job and tackle some remodel projects at the bar in my spare time. She will be managing a group of therapists at the rehab center and managing the bar in her spare time.
    It's gonna be a long 4 years, I sure hope it's all worth it. :/

Don't forget there will be a "bar exam" - I do believe @Bill Martin can help with that! :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014