Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• @Bill Martin yes you are correct. The only way someone violates these policies and is not punished with all the open source information is beyond belief. Obama/Clinton administration will not pursue this issue, it will go away in their eyes as we stand in disbelief. The services enforce the policies on a daily basis. Service members and civilians loose their careers and jobs over much smaller violations. We police and punish our own people who violate the policies. The administration that pushes the policies down to the workers to enforce does not seem to follow their own policies. Hillary is a good example. Who polices the top politicians ???? They say they do......does not look like it, DOJ ??? All the prior service people I work with feel the same way. Our voice doesn't matter "down here", but we hope the media keeps bringing this issue to the front.

• @WOLF - 7 others have set up their own private server avoiding governmental policy procedures then disseminating classified information over non secured lines?? I was under the impression that Queen Clinton was the one and only to set a precedent in this area. Please list these "other 7".

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I heard the acronym used last night on the news when referring to the type of information she was accessing through her personal means, "SCIF". Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility. I have been in a SCIF so I know what they are referring to. Normally below ground, all concrete encased, requires special badging/biometrics/combination lock, all or a few of the mentioned to get in. Also cleared personnel only and a valid need to access the info. Electronic "sniffers" that detect cell phone /other devices and set off voice alarms so you don't contaminate the area prior to entrance. The risks of capturing info on unauthorized devices is eliminated at the vault door. All go in "clean" and come out "clean". The situation room below the white house is a SCIF. So if these e-mails are classified at all, how can one send and receive them at home? Your house is bombarded by the second with satellite signals, the neighbors Wi-Fi connection and so on. If the policy is to view this information in a SCIF, then how does one violate this policy for such a long time and not be punished? Money, Power, Influence, and the election. They assume that the people are that stupid.

• Picked one of the first on your search list ......

"Was she allowed to use a private server?
    No. As we wrote, the IG report said that it has been department policy since 2005 — four years before Clinton took office — that “normal day-to-day operations” be conducted on government servers. The report noted that the department’s Foreign Affairs Manual was updated in November 2005 to say “it is the Department’s general policy that normal day-to-day operations be conducted on an authorized [automated information system].” The IG made a distinction between occasional use in emergencies and exclusive use of personal email. “Beginning in late 2005 and continuing through 2011, the Department revised the FAM and issued various memoranda specifically discussing the obligation to use Department systems in most circumstances and identifying the risks of not doing so,” the IG report said
    Did Clinton seek government approval to use a private server for her personal email account?
    No. The IG report said Clinton “had an obligation” to discuss her email system with the department, but it could find “no evidence” that Clinton sought approval for her unusual email arrangement. If she did, the report says her request would have been denied by the bureaus of Diplomatic Security and Information Resource Management. Brian Fallon, a Clinton campaign spokesman, has told us: “It did not occur to her that having it on a personal server could be so distinct that it would be unapproved.”

A Guide to Clinton’s Emails

The issue is not her use of private e-mail which as your search shows is (sort of) allowed .... it was her use of a private server so her e-mail was not saved on a government server for public record ... then her denying any sensitive information was passed through that server .... which has been proven without a doubt to be untrue ... then there is the issue of her and her staff picking and choosing which e-mail messages where turned over .....

Just wait and see what the next 10 days brings .... the release of information has just started .....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Did you guys see Julian Assange on the Kelly file last night?? I think the guy is a sleaze ball but he promises a BIG Email dump on Hillary in October right before the election. If he and his people can find these - the US government cannot. This makes Watergate look like child's play. Wonder if Hillary's butt puckered when Assange made this allegation???

• I'm sure you will find at least five others if you TRY.

With all due respect.... "TRY" you must ....

Even the specific article you link references a White House staff member using an e-mail address on a server run by the RNC .... it is quite of a stretch from there to the Secretary of State exclusively using a server set up in their NY home which was privately maintained, upgraded, and even replaced several times since their tenure as a Congressman....... as you mention the problem is/was not isolated ... however I refuse to take a cavalier "everybody was doing it" attitude ..... In my eyes they should all be prosecuted ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• ALL politicians in one degree or another feed us shit and call it ice cream. They ALL say whatever they think will get them elected. It is never gonna change until we ALL hold them accountable for their lies and misrepresentations!!