Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• At work when the HP's had that problem... Lots of times pulling the battery for a bit solved the issue... Good luck... Some of the newer HP's had like 10 or 12 small Torx screws to take to bottom off to get to the battery....

Two screws on the bottom of this one

• Mac Powerbook

I have to agree with this many years back I was the computer person at my work, an office filled with all makes of PC's and a PC server. decided I wanted something different at home so I switched to an Apple iMac and Apple laptops very small learning curve, but I have never had a single problem with any of the Mac's they have always just worked and worked well. oh and just to be 100% clear I have never and will never run windows any of my Macs - I know it is easy to do, but I just figured it would be inviting in every potential windows virus and other problem - - Apples cost a bit more, but to me it is worth it

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have to agree with this many years back I was the computer person at my work, an office filled with all makes of PC's and a PC server. decided I wanted something different at home so I switched to an Apple iMac and Apple laptops very small learning curve, but I have never had a single problem with any of the Mac's they have always just worked and worked well. oh and just to be 100% clear I have never and will never run windows any of my Macs - I know it is easy to do, but I just figured it would be inviting in every potential windows virus and other problem - - Apples cost a bit more, but to me it is worth it

completely agree. Have a MacBook also. Definitely a bit of a learning curve. I will never go back to Microsoft. Viruses are minimal, if any and never had any problems. My wife is still running my first MacBook which is a 2012, and I am running a 2017.

• People in the US think we are soft on crime... In France, 6 students were conviced and sentenced in killing and beheading a teacher.. 5 got suspended sentences and one got 2 years with all but 6 months suspended... He will be on home arrest and must wear a tracking device.... For murder....

6 teens involved in beheading of French teacher convicted, sentenced (yahoo.com)

Never did care much for the French, however, they may be on to something now ….

:00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• You have got to give me more that that, I am not a computer person

I was Mac waaaay before Apple was cool. As in when Apple was 2$ a share and my first machine was a TOTAL of 10MB. That said…

You can find a refurbished Mac Pro for about 900+ and worth every penny. I once had a Windows friend that talked about blue screens and he got angry with me because I asked what those were because I’ve never seen one.

All things aside, McIntosh is going to be the easiest, safest, highest quality machine you will ever find. Without reading any tutorial whatsoever, it will take you all about three minutes to set up and once you get acquainted with the icon bar, you’ll never look back in my opinion well worth looking into.

A computer is nothing more than a tool, and we all like ones that work every time we turn them on.

First runner up would be the MacBook Air at about $1000 brand new in the box.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I was Mac waaaay before Apple was cool. As in when Apple was 2$ a share and my first machine was a TOTAL of 10MB. That said…

You can find a refurbished Mac Pro for about 900+ and worth every penny. I once had a Windows friend that talked about blue screens and he got angry with me because I asked what those were because I’ve never seen one.

All things aside, McIntosh is going to be the easiest, safest, highest quality machine you will ever find. Without reading any tutorial whatsoever, it will take you all about three minutes to set up and once you get acquainted with the icon bar, you’ll never look back in my opinion well worth looking into.

A computer is nothing more than a tool, and we all like ones that work every time we turn them on.

Agree 100% - once your an Apple guy you never go back - once several years I decided to try an android phone. I HATED it !! Kept it about 2 weeks and brought it back for an iPhone. MacBook is also the best PC on the market IMO !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I was Mac waaaay before Apple was cool. As in when Apple was 2$ a share and my first machine was a TOTAL of 10MB. That said…

My first Apple machine was the Apple II...I actually quit using it for a Commodore 64 and then a Commodore 128 ( I still have both the 64, 128 and 3 Amigas and the peripherals) with Berkly Softworks G.E.O.S. operating system. It was pretty cool but could not compete with the Commodore Amiga 500. My first Mac was the Macintosh 512 which was an awesome machine. I had a couple of the Macs that were produced while Jobs was booted out, and they worked great but did not have the "wow" factor. I then started using a Pentium PC because my job required it...Lotus 123 just would not work on a Mac. Which was ok... and I still remember all the Windows 95 hype...

Then switched back to IMac when Jobs returned and started the IMac craze.. I believe it was a G3.. or something... I liked it as it reminded me of my old Mac 512. Then my a Power Mac, and finially traded that for a Xeon based Mac Pro with 8 cores (still have that and it works just fine) and and was my first Mac than came with one of the Big Cat software.. If I remember right it was Tiger...

I now use a M2 Max Mac Studio, (12 core processor and 32 core gpu) and still have a Macbook Pro laptop as well... that doesn't see much use. I keep one pc around to run Blue Iris software (which is not available for Mac) and have 10 cameras hooked up to that... (I used to use it to watch the dogs while I was gone) as it is viewable from anywhere with a phone, Ipad.

For me, Mac is the only way to go, but no longer seems to "just work" as great as it once did. Now there is a bit more MS feel to software installs (with installers, restarts and such) where back in the day you just drug the application to the hard drive and it worked. I also run Parallels software (sandboxed so if anything does come in it is only in the VM and can just be deleted) and have Windows 10 and 11 available. I think I do that just to keep up with what the world primarily uses..

As for blue screens, no the mac does not get those, it gets Kernal Panics...

download.jpg

This is what my first Mac looked like.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• billythekidd, I just ordered the Mac Book Air. It will be here tomorrow. I do not need all of the bells and whistles, just something to play with. Thanks

The Macbook air is a very nice machine...Is it the 15" with an M2 processor? If so.. that is hands down better than most PC laptops....

If one wants to go full bore.... lol... the Mac Pro fully maxed out is around 55,000$.. Pretty good machine for solitaire.. (Just kidding)

Check out this "refurbished Mac) and even for that price greedy Apple will charge you for next day delivery...

Refurbished Mac Pro 2.5GHz 28-core Intel Xeon W, Two Radeon Pro Vega II Duo, Apple Afterburner - Apple

• billythekidd, I just ordered the Mac Book Air. It will be here tomorrow. I do not need all of the bells and whistles, just something to play with. Thanks

you will be more than satisfied I believe. Another thing you can do at any time is call up Apple support- real people will actually answer you.

I truly believe once you get used to it you’ll never go back

• you will be more than satisfied I believe. Another thing you can do at any time is call up Apple support- real people will actually answer you.

I truly believe once you get used to it you’ll never go back

That is correct... complimentary support for 90 days after registration.

Apple Complimentary Support - Official Apple Support

• AND even years later, if I have had a question and called Mac support, all they wanted to know is my serial number. I never got charged, and I was answered every time.

The only real problem I’ve ever had was with an SMTP mail server, and that turned out to be an AT&T problem not a Mac problem, but I did have to readjust my settings. Even in this situation, the tech-support people were able to point me in the right direction with no charge.

• Thanks Gentlemen. Did I tell you that I hate computers. I took programing years ago and computers helped to pay the bills. I started in solid state electronics in 1967. When all of this shit got started. We even had one of the first transistors in class at the Navy Electronics school.