Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Hello, can I take your order?

I’ll take the number one - big Mac fries and a Coke.

That’ll be $21.95. Please pull up to the next window.

$160 a day to sling burgers and fries! Doesn’t look like these protesters are missing any meals.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• Hello, can I take your order?

I’ll take the number one - big Mac fries and a Coke.

That’ll be $21.95. Please pull up to the next window.

$160 a day to sling burgers and fries! Doesn’t look like these protesters are missing any meals.

crazy - now they think a fast food job should be able to support a family of four. I remember back in the day when these were jobs primarily aimed as summer jobs for highschool kids. Heck, my grandson in Tennassee is a senior in Highschool and he just started his first job at a Taco Bell - - - pretty sure he's not making $20 an hour or even close (edit, I just texted him and they are paying $13.5 per hour)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• It really doesn’t get better than this. Reading this just makes me giggle!

These poor liberals, they want the gold, the nickel and rare Earth materials underneath the peat bog, but doing so, would release twice as much carbon as Canada emits in one year as a total.

What to do what to do? Destroy a billion year old peat bog and release massive amounts of greenhouse gases so you can drive your electric car and say that you’re saving the environment/planet.

This is just beautiful.!

https://stocks.apple.com/ADxZTd7haRrib3VI109YL-g

• My first job in 1972 was working at a Texaco gas station for $1.70 hr pumping gas, cleaning windshields, and vacuuming out cars. I got promoted to oil changes for another 30 cents topping out at $2 hr. My boss was a hard ass and you had to hop the whole time you were there. Can’t say I liked it much but it taught me the proper work ethic. These idiots today are NOT being educated !! If you don’t believe me try and change up your order - something exotic like “no mustard” - and open the bag to find your burger with mustard caked on. For $20 an hr everything coming out the window should be PERFECT!! How good an employee will they be if they ever get out of the burger business on to something else?? Probably not worth the $2 I was proud of :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• My first job in 1972 was working at a Texaco gas station for $1.70 hr pumping gas, cleaning windshields, and vacuuming out cars. I got promoted to oil changes for another 30 cents topping out at $2 hr. My boss was a hard ass and you had to hop the whole time you were there. Can’t say I liked it much but it taught me the proper work ethic. These idiots today are NOT being educated !! If you don’t believe me try and change up your order - something exotic like “no mustard” - and open the bag to find your burger with mustard caked on. For $20 an hr everything coming out the window should be PERFECT!! How good an employee will they be if they ever get out of the burger business on to something else?? Probably not worth the $2 I was proud of :00008172:

My first job was at an ESSO station for $4 a day. My second job was $16.00 a week running projectors in a theater for less hours.

The problem is flipping burgers and serving coffee out the drive thru, was never meant to be a full time job to support your family. It was meant for student, part-timers, and those that needed work. $20/hr US, is $27/hr CDN. That's crazy. I think I am going to flip burgers part time for my retirement fund....

• OK showing my age here but my first job was for $.1.35 an hour as a bus boy at an ice cream shop. When I first started commercial diving in the Gulf of Mexico, I loved the work ethic on the drill floor.

If you’re waiting on me, you’re backing up. That was the mantra and I loved it.!

• RIP Diane Feinstein!! While I was opposed to her politically always she was not plain crazy like a lot of the leftists of today. Sadly, coming from California, she will most likely be replaced by someone even further left. Sane liberals are becoming harder and harder to find!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I started working for my Dad in the shop in March of 1973 for $2.25 hr. After school from 2:30 - 5:30 every day then full time in the Summer.

In November of that year, I told my Dad that my buddy had been bagging groceries for $2.32 an hour since the beginning of the year.

I came in the following day and he handed me a check. I asked him what it was for.....

He said "I'm paying you $3.00 an hour retroactive from your first day. This is the difference"

I never spent a dime.

When I was a senior in high school I had $4,300 in my savings.

I bought a brand new Jeep CJ-5 Renegade with a 304 V8!

A chick magnet of a ride!!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• If the Commifornian Dictatorship forces those prices there, the brainwashed residents won't think the transition to EV's is all that bad!

If the crooked Biden administration gets elected again, that trend will sweep all the way here.

So dig deep my friends.......

It's coming for you!!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• If anyone thinks that EV is going to be cheaper is crazy. The government is going to get their share, even if they have to charge by the mile for usage. It was not that long ago in Cali I think, that they wanted you to conserve water. They had to raise the price of water to support the water system.

• If anyone thinks that EV is going to be cheaper is crazy. The government is going to get their share, even if they have to charge by the mile for usage. It was not that long ago in Cali I think, that they wanted you to conserve water. They had to raise the price of water to support the water system.

gotta love Greenwashing. <X<X

• So I bet you rode her hard all senior year with the top off

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE