Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• A little over one hundred years ago, in 1918, a war over in Europe was winding down, that at the time was known as "The Big One". A young 20-year-old Jewish mam, who had immigrated to America as a 5-year-old from Russia was a musician who had written a couple of hits, he was stationed in the army in New York. He wrote down a song, felt that with the war winding down that the time wasn't right for this song, and he threw it in a drawer. 20 years latter this musician had become a star, Broadway and Hollywood musicals were filled with his tunes. Europe was on the verge of another war, with an egomaniac named Adolf Hitler spewing hatred in Germany. It seemed to that musician that it was time to take that song that had been sitting in a drawer for 20 years and to release as a "Peace" song. On Armistice Day 1938 Kate Smith first performed this song.

While the storm clouds gather from across the sea,
    Let us swear allegiance to a land that is free.
    Let us be grateful for a land so fair,
    As we raise our voices in a silent prayer.

God bless America, land that I love
    Stand beside her and guide her
    Through the night with the light from above

From the mountains to the prairies
    To the oceans white with foam
    God bless America, my home sweet home
    God bless America, my home sweet home

Irving Berlin

The song was soon attacked by anti-semantic groups like the Ku Klux Clan because of Irving's Jewish heritage but 100 years after its initial writing, "God bless America" has become an American hymn.

God Bless America!!!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Read this paragraph very carefully…. Printing money to buy your own bonds so you can deficit spend. SCARY!!

Does this mean not enough people showed up to our auctions? If so….how much longer can we do this??? (Not long)🥵

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• While out on our weekend, SS ride in the parking lot of Encinitas at the beach there were handwritten signs posted in a bunch of different locations.

Conspiratorial probably.

Interesting definitely.

They were warning us that with the next lockdown, our credit cards would only work within a 15 mile radius of our home address. With our increasingly cashless society at the very least that gives food for thought.

• hard to believe these guys are the same age as our president - - - perhaps Biden should have done better drugs!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Take a look at the G 20 meeting who’s going who’s not and how it is in total disarray.

This is what happens when the United States is rudderless, has no mission, has no direction, and most importantly, feckless leader ship, which is in and of itself an oxymoron.

The parents have left the house indefinitely and left the children in charge. We all know how that works out.

• China is imploding economically

Russia once the Premier arms dealer on the planet is now trying to woo bullets and bombs from the little general in North Korea

Saudi Arabia is now sentencing people to death for their posts on X

And Jill, Biden conveniently has Covid and more than likely Joe will too just prior to the G 20 summit. Anything to keep Joe off the podium.

And the wheels on the bus go round and round.

• Actually those that are being put to death in Saudi Arabia over posts on 'X' are Islamic Extremists who are against King Mohammed bin Salman relaxing the hardline laws and allowing Saudis more freedom... specifically Women! Who are now allowed to drive, attend public functions and wear western clothing without Habibs, or Burka's.

Compared to the Saudi Arabia of 10 years ago, today it is a completely different place.

If MBS wants to remove a few of those Sharia Law Hardliners, more power to him...

• Actually those that are being put to death in Saudi Arabia over posts on 'X' are Islamic Extremists who are against King Abdullah relaxing the hardline laws and allowing Saudis more freedom... specifically Women! Who are now allowed to drive, attend public functions and wear western clothing without Habibs, or Burka's.

Compared to the Saudi Arabia of 10 years ago, today it is a completely different place.

If King Abdullah wants to remove a few of those Sharia Law Hardliners, more power to him...

Death for opposing a regime is the elimination of free speech, thought and expression. It’s repugnant to me wherever I see it.

Mussolini kept the trains running on time if you know what I mean

• SoCal I do know what you mean.

Me personally I do not give a flying damn if any government puts down Sharia Law thumping Extremists Bastards. Better than them getting their 70 virgins at the cost of innocent people.

You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs, if you know what I mean...