Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• "Seniors are getting the biggest increase in their Social Security checks in 10 years through President Biden's leadership," the White House tweeted Tuesday.

Of course this tweet has now been deleted after some backlash from twitter

I guess they realized it was pretty much the same as publicly admitting responsibility for the sky high inflation - - - - oops!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I hope they don't take down Biden's asshole speech he made Tuesday while he was in Florida campaigning (any sane person would have figured out as soon as he opened his mouth, that he did more good for the REPUBLICANS than his band of thieves on his side of the aisle). Anyway, he was trying to pat himself on his back on how he stood up the the drug companies. He told a group of people that because of him, he has put a cap on the cost of insulin to save Americans money on their costs. Then he went off the teleprompter and said that he spoke to the doctor who INVENTED insulin. He (the inventor of insulin) did not want to have a patent on this much needed drug, so everyone who needed it could afford it. Boy, what a nice story Joe. But in keeping with all your stories about getting arrested trying to visit nelson Mandela, marching in the civil rights march over the bridge in Selma, graduating at the top of your class with a full scholarship and 3 degrees, having worked as a truck driver etc, this story as well is a figment of his imagination. It didn't take the fact checkers long to find out that the co-inventor of insulin died in 1941 and Biden was born in 1942.

If this guy was a horse, I'm sure he would have been sent to the glue factory well before the 2020 election. The saddest part of all this is we're screwed if he was to be removed from office and the laughing hyena had to step up. The next 2 years are going to feel like a lifetime. The only good thing will happen next Tuesday when the Republicans win both the house and Senate and can shut down Biden from doing more damage to this country.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by Funinthesun ().

• I hope they don't take down Biden's asshole speech he made Tuesday while he was in Florida campaigning (any sane person would have figured out as soon as he opened his mouth, that he did more good for the REPUBLICANS than his band of thieves on his side of the aisle). Anyway, he was trying to pat himself on his back on how he stood up the the drug companies. He told a group of people that because of him, he has put a cap on the cost of insulin to save Americans money on their costs. Then he went off the teleprompter and said that he spoke to the doctor who INVENTED insulin. He (the inventor of insulin) did not want to have a patent on this much needed drug, so everyone who needed it could afford it. Boy, what a nice story Joe. But in keeping with all your stories about getting arrested trying to visit nelson Mandela, marching in the civil rights march over the bridge in Selma, graduating at the top of your class with a full scholarship and 3 degrees, having worked as a truck driver etc, this story as well is a figment of his imagination. It didn't take the fact checkers long to find out that the co-inventor of insulin dies in 1941 and Biden was born in 1942.

If this guy was a horse, I'm sure he would have been sent to the glue factory well before the 2020 election. The saddest part of all this is we're screwed if he was to be removed from office and the laughing hyena had to step up. The next 2 years are going to feel like a lifetime. The only good thing will happen next Tuesday when the Republicans win both the house and Senate and can shut down Biden from doing more damage to this country.

I pray that if the Republicans do take both houses that they do allot more than simply shutting down Biden. If all they do is block everything the left wants to do it wont do much to help in 2024. If the Republicans want to really improve their chances in 2024 if they take both houses in a week they will need actually accomplish something and the more they can actually accomplish the better their chances will become

Obstructing the democrats by itself - - - not enough!

• "Seniors are getting the biggest increase in their Social Security checks in 10 years through President Biden's leadership," the White House tweeted Tuesday.

Of course this tweet has now been deleted after some backlash from twitter

I guess they realized it was pretty much the same as publicly admitting responsibility for the sky high inflation - - - - oops!

So really Putin and COVID-19 gave them a big jump🤣

BTW I-bonds are starting to look attractive now.

• I pray that if the Republicans do take both houses that they do allot more than simply shutting down Biden. If all they do is block everything the left wants to do it wont do much to help in 2024. If the Republicans want to really improve their chances in 2024 if they take both houses in a week they will need actually accomplish something and the more they can actually accomplish the better their chances will become

In a perfect world, I would agree with you. But Biden already played his hand last week went a CNBC reporter asked him what he'd do if the Republicans took the House and the Senate and he didn't have to think for his answer or look for any teleprompter. he clearly stated that he would NOT sign anything they passed and sent to him to be signed. That's the true indication of obstructing the will of the people

• In a perfect world, I would agree with you. But Biden already played his hand last week went a CNBC reporter asked him what he'd do if the Republicans took the House and the Senate and he didn't have to think for his answer or look for any teleprompter. he clearly stated that he would NOT sign anything they passed and sent to him to be signed. That's the true indication of obstructing the will of the people

well then the republicans need to pass things the people want and then when Biden does not sign them they need to make sure the American people know who blocked it

And they also need to pass everything they can with bipartisan support as often as possible, make some compromises and get some of the more centrist democrats onboard - - I personally believe that Americans are getting very tired of the parties refusing to work together - - this "my way or the highway" attitude that has been coming out of both parties is Bull Shit!!!

It's not how the system is supposed to work. and I for one am very sick of it - - - politics is not supposed to be about winning or defeating the other side, its supposed to be about working together to get the job done for all Americans

And that's all I'm going to say about that!

• I pray that if the Republicans do take both houses that they do allot more than simply shutting down Biden. If all they do is block everything the left wants to do it wont do much to help in 2024. If the Republicans want to really improve their chances in 2024 if they take both houses in a week they will need actually accomplish something and the more they can actually accomplish the better their chances will become

Unfortunately Biden will veto whatever they pass. The best they can do is not fund the garbage passed by the Dems already.

• Unfortunately Biden will veto whatever they pass. The best they can do is not fund the garbage passed by the Dems already.

if that's the best they can do then they are of no value - this is the same crap the right did last time they were in charge that led us to where we are now with the left in charge, and in a week it will be the same thing that puts the right back in charge - - political junkies are the only ones that put party winning above all else, its not what I believe the majority of Americans want and this BS of putting blocking the other side above all else is exactly why no one party ever seems able to hold both houses for very long - - - in the end the non political majority of people just want the damn politicians to do their job and blocking the other side is not what that job

The party that controls both houses and does everything in their power to actually put ALL of the American people above politics - that will be a party that might actually keep both houses for more than 2 or 4 years

• if that's the best they can do then they are of no value - this is the same crap the right did last time they were in charge that led us to where we are now with the left in charge, and in a week it will be the same thing that puts the right back in charge - - political junkies are the only ones that put party winning above all else, its not what I believe the majority of Americans want and this BS of putting blocking the other side above all else is exactly why no one party ever seems able to hold both houses for very long - - - in the end the non political majority of people just want the damn politicians to do their job and blocking the other side is not what that job

The party that controls both houses and does everything in their power to actually put ALL of the American people above politics - that will be a party that might actually keep both houses for more than 2 or 4 years

Pardon me sir but under our current system if the President refuses to sign any legislation passed through both houses of Congress what do you suggest they do other than restrict funding. What else can they do when a President refuses to abide by the will of the people.

It's fine to say you wish they would do something else but another thing when you realize that is in fact the only other power they have short of impeachment.

.........politician-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I hope my TV makes it through tonight's speech! Is this guy for real. Sure, Trump went after political opponents. This guy continuously attacks the people! Big difference! Nothing about the issues hurting this country?

• What do I suggest? - - I suggest finding centrist Democrats and independents and getting some bipartisan support for bills BEFORE sending them to the president - - do this and do it over and over again and then the people will see that it is the president that is the problem

When you only send bills that republicans voted for to a democrat president would you really expect him to go against his entire party? same is true for the other side - a republican president is going to be very hesitant to sign bills that no republicans voted for

Trying to pass legislation with only your own parties support is not working for the American people, and its not the job their actually susposed to be doing - - all this crap is nothing more than pandering for votes in the next election - - idiotic grandstanding!

The party that stops this crap and starts truly trying to get bipartisan support for every bill will be the party that can hold power - - - frankly I think it is pretty much un American and on top of that a slap in the face to more than half of the American people when either party tries to pass a bill of any kind with only the support of their own party - if I were the president I wouldn't sign any legislation that was only supported by one party - - - that is not how a Democratic Republic is supposed to represent all of the people.

• Do you really think Pelosi gave a rats ass about bipartisanship when she led the charge to impeach Trump TWICE? She had so much pure hate towards him that all she wanted to do then and now with her farce of her control of the Jan 6th "hearings" that has nothing to do with finding the truth and all about trying to make sure Trump never gets another chance to get elected. If the Republicans take the house and Senate as well as the 2024 Presidential election, there's hope that this country can be saved from the wacked out liberal vision of the future where they screw up the kids minds in schools. These kids spend more time being told the country is bad, the whites are all racists, boys CAN be girls etc and then wonder why these kids can't read, write or grasp the least amount of history. I would have never thought this great country would ever deteriorate as much as it has in less than 24 months

• If the people give both houses to one party then that is their will. If the other party refuses to not abide by that then under your ideal NOTHING gets done.

You seem so caught up in poo pooing (yes I said it) the system that the reality of the situation escapes you. Does is suck, yes it does. However the pursuit of perfection doesn't matter if everything ends in a stalemate and falls apart around you. Sometimes one side must force a win for progress. People can't eat participation trophies.

.......kiss-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Once the Republicans take over the House, there's nothing that could prevent them from voting in Trump as the speaker of the house. There is nothing in the constitution that requires the speak to actually be a house member. How great would that be. Biden GONE by way of mental impairments, Harris takes over and gets impeached for total incompetency, and Trump moves up the line as the replacement president. And since this would happen with less than 2 years remaining to the original Biden term, Trumps remaining time does NOT count as a full term for him, so he can run and win as the incumbent in 2024. 9+ years of Trump could drain a LOT of the swamp if he had both the House and Senate on board with fixing this mess.

I'd sure love to have a country where Putin has enough respect for our leader that he would not have invaded anyone, where Rocket man in North Korea plays in his sand box but knows that he has a VERY short leash before his @$$ is grass, and we are an energy exporter and gas at the pumps in the 42.39 range. That's worth putting up with a few crazy tweets now and then isn't it?and I'd even put up with some nasty

• ... and this guy collects a taxpayer funded paycheck for what?

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.t-GDeSMEOvZSUyYN_BY_ZAHaFT%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=0c10fe640cfcacb69b5559f88935e348d38f7940644916294ec5fe1ef97061f2&ipo=images

For filling the Biden quota of having the most diverse administration in the history of this country. I guess he was sleeping when they tried to teach him that the goals are to have the most QUALIFIED administration. Maybe he was having his chocolate chip ice cream and had brain freeze when that was being taught.