Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I absolutely do not condone the officers' actions.

I would approach these situations asking a few questions. Did the officer's offer a clear, unmistakable pathway for the individual to deescalate his situation? Did the individual purposely choose to neglect that pathway? Did the individual choose to further escalate the situation after given that opportunity? Did the individual choose to physicality escalate the situation towards the officers without provocation? If yes to these questions I don't have much room to offer sympathy as the outcome was clearly in the individual's control.

• I don’t think a nurse is out in very dangerous situations making split second decisions resulting in life or death for either themselves or a citizen. Out of over 10 million arrests per year in the US this happens on such a minuscule basis it can’t even make a percentage point. There have been bad nurses same as bad cops but you don’t see people protesting in the streets vilifying, cursing them, throwing things at them, killing them just because they are nurses. Classifying all cops as evil is the same thing as Hitler classifying all Jews not worthy of life. Every profession has bad actors - why do ALL the police get lumped into one pile when we see something like this video or the George Floyd murder?? If we do not offer some incentives for people to go into police work - who the hell is going to risk their life for low pay to protect society from anarchy? Slingblade - who you gonna call if you are placed in a life threatening situation - a nurse can only help after the threat is gone !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• just a kicker - if they do away with qualified immunity - get ready for the Old West cause NOBODY will want to get sued for doing their job !!!

As cops should. Then qualified immunity isn’t needed. I believe no one should be shielded from law suites. The average Joe isn’t.

Slingblade, you are completely clueless about qualified immunity, and I'm sitting here laughing my ass off :00008172:

• I don’t think a nurse is out in very dangerous situations making split second decisions resulting in life or death for either themselves or a citizen. Out of over 10 million arrests per year in the US this happens on such a minuscule basis it can’t even make a percentage point. There have been bad nurses same as bad cops but you don’t see people protesting in the streets vilifying, cursing them, throwing things at them, killing them just because they are nurses. Classifying all cops as evil is the same thing as Hitler classifying all Jews not worthy of life. Every profession has bad actors - why do ALL the police get lumped into one pile when we see something like this video or the George Floyd murder?? If we do not offer some incentives for people to go into police work - who the hell is going to risk their life for low pay to protect society from anarchy? Slingblade - who you gonna call if you are placed in a life threatening situation - a nurse can only help after the threat is gone !!

Nurses are often injured and sometime even killed on the job. Nurses across the country are hit, kicked, spit on and cussed out every day.
    People talk about a cop’s job being so dangerous. It is far from the most dangerous occupation. In fact, it is like 14th down the list for death and even way lower for injury. If all cops in general didn’t cover for and hide the actions of the bad ones, maybe the group wouldn’t be viewed so unfavorably. If it wasn’t for the proliferation of cell phone cameras, almost none of the crimes committed by the police today would ever be brought to light because of coverups.

• Nurses are often injured and sometime even killed on the job. Nurses across the country are hit, kicked, spit on and cussed out every day.
    People talk about a cop’s job being so dangerous. It is far from the most dangerous occupation. In fact, it is like 14th down the list for death and even way lower for injury. If all cops in general didn’t cover for and hide the actions of the bad ones, maybe the group wouldn’t be viewed so unfavorably. If it wasn’t for the proliferation of cell phone cameras, almost none of the crimes committed by the police today would ever be brought to light because of coverups.

Any opinions?

https://study.com/academy/less…ies-and-misdemeanors.html

• Nurses are often injured and sometime even killed on the job. Nurses across the country are hit, kicked, spit on and cussed out every day.

Dude, if you are ever in need, then you should call a nurse (no disrespect meant to your daughter) and not a cop.

I know that nurses have a tough job, but never in my life has a nurse been called to a room of a patient and then shot... Here is just one of thousands of stories about police...

According to Chicago Police Supt. David Brown, officers responded to a domestic disturbance call around 8:30 a.m. in the 1300 block of West Taylor Street, just blocks from the University of Illinois at Chicago campus.

"They got on the elevator, went upstairs, and as soon as they got off the elevator to go to the apartment, they were fired upon by the offender," Brown said, later adding that the officers were "ambushed."

The officer suffered multiple gunshot wounds and was transported to Stroger Hospital by a UIC police officer, who heard the radio call and arrived to help.

I could list these stories until you got tired of reading them....

Show me one story of a nurse that got shot responding to a call from a patient in their room.....

Your analogy is typical of the uninformed...comparing a nurse to a cop... well let's take you analogy one step further and compare a teacher to a cop.... a teachers job is quite difficult alto, they get beat, spit on cursed at, things thrown at them.... see the futility in this type of analogy... Probably not, but neither of those professions has any danger compared to a law enforcement officer.

Your bs about being number 14 is just that bs... I just read another article when police was listed as 22nd with things like landscape supervisor and garbage collector listed as more dangerous than being a police. I really don't see landscape supervisors and garbage collectors running out to get the less dangerous job of law enforcement...... Anyway... enough of my time wasted here.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• please tell me what it means then

Qualified immunity is suppose to shield cops from law suite in less he violates established law or what a reasonable person would do. However, it has been bastardized to include that there needs to be a clear president, that the cop would have knowledge of. This has made it virtually impossible for the cop to be held liable.