Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• From my cynical perspective, it ain't gonna make any difference who gets elected. They all gave in to the big money power brokers. Ain't nuttin' gonna change, the rich keep getting richer, the middle class gets the shaft. What neither candidate or previous candidates are willing to admit is "we" are owned. Have been for a very long time.
    That's my opinion, I'm gonna have a drink.

Maybeso .....maybeso...... however you can send a message to career politicians and politico families that you are aware of what has happened and am not going to just sit back and let it happen anymore .... if an outsider can be elected president their control breaks down ...... and that sir is when I believe the wind shifts ..... will it be "better" .... dunno .... but it won't be the same .....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I must say @Mr. Clean you make a compelling argument but I must remind you IMO that is equivalent to apathy what I believe has got us where we are today with 2 of the most disliked candidates in history. At least a Trump vote will send a shudder down the DC political machine's spine that corruption will not be tolerated and they ALL can be replaced if they don't listen to their constituents!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Your point is well taken. The citizens who have just sat back and not gotten involved enough be aware of the issues, let alone to vote are a significant reason why we have these two "incredible" candidates. It will be interesting to see if the Trump backers and the Bernie folks actually follow through with their votes.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

Edited once, last by Mr. Clean ().

• I met a guy the other day at a local watering hole a friend of mine owns. When the subject of politics came up I pointed out I was voting for Trump because I am tired of all the liberal entitlement programs. He became agitated to say the least and went on to tell me his wife just had a brain tumor removed and she would be dead if it wasn't for Obama care. After hearing this I held out my hand to introduce myself and to let him know I was glad to hear his wife was doing well. The man refused to shake my hand do to my political opinions. I tried to explain to him it was people like me that choose to work and pay taxes that he needs to thank for his wife being alive after all "I" am paying for her insurance. After he refused to shake my hand the second time I politely thanked him for giving me yet another reason to vote for Trump.
    TRUMP ! TRUMP ! TRUMP !

• John Q Citizen has a general rule don't know their ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to politics. @Slunglow just presented an excellent example of how people vote by "what is the government going to give me?" While anyone can empathize with the tavern owner and his wife but credits Obama only with his wife's rescue. The government can't do anything without US paying for it. IMO the tavern owner should have served @Slunglow his beverage of choice on the house and offered a simple "thank you". COMMON SENSE AND DECENCY ARE BECOMING EXTINCT

• I get yoit point @Slunglow . I probably would have shaken your hand the first time. I however can not blame the guy for refusing to shake your hand after your comment. That was pretty insensitive and dickish on your part. Keep in mind how much is payed in taxes each year, and how many people pay. His medical Bill even if 200k would mean you expected a thank you for about 2 cents(your share of his bill). Your statement also implied that Dems don't pay taxes. They do.

I'm not a dick unless you treat me like a dick first. Then I can be the biggest asshole you have ever seen. If you reread my comment I said people "like me" not "me". I feel like people that are receiving help forget where that help is coming from, Obama isn't paying for it "we" are. This is the point I was trying to make. But thanks for your opinion even though I think it was a little "dickish". ;):thumbsup:
    And just for the record I know many Dems pay taxes after all I pay them and I have been a registered democrat all of my voting life.

• Don't quite agree @WOLF - @Slunglow was patronizing his place of business. The proper response should have been as the tavern owner "I don't discuss politics in my bar". I can assure you that I paid a helluva lot more towards his bill than 2 cents. Matter of fact like a lot here on the forum I am paying taxes on dividends from investments I already paid taxes on when I accumulated it during my career. Being retired now I pay taxes on my entire portfolio save and except a few tax free municipal bonds that don't pay crap. AND FOR WHAT ??? The ranks of the lazy and unmotivated continue to grow, laying on their back having more illegitimate children giving them a pay raise on the back of my "golden years nest egg" . Phones, cable tv, Internet, food, housing, health care, utility bill assistance, medical care, drawing a government check making more than someone out trying to work and be successful. these policies have us driving the train full speed off the cliff. Hillary will install a turbo to make the crash even quicker. @WOLF I do agree only 6 months welfare in 10 years but that makes you a horrible, mean spirited, wants to starve children to death, heartless SOB............just like me :)

• I do agree only 6 months welfare in 10 years

Can't totally agree on this one- some accommodation needs to be made for child care in some cases. Others, in truly rural areas, may need some kind of transportation- or even a close public transport option. Others may not be able to work, due to psychological issues, physical ability, etc. However- most "unemployable" could muster SOME type of community service in return for the welfare. The perpetual hand out, to these people who not only have no skin in the game, but also no intention of ever trying to get off the gravy train who gall the hell out of me...... Dang, when I was much younger, I picked a hell of a lot of pecans, off the ground, on my hands and knees for 10 cents a pound, and was able to make decent money- at least when they kept their dang cows out of the orchard.

• I stand correcred @Bill Martin . I actually did the math. For every one thousand in taxes you paid, you gave the bar owner 4.7 cents, if his bill was 200k :D . If @Slunglow or you paid 100k in taxes, you gave him $4.76 and he owes you a drink of your choice.

In the infamous words of @pigmanfu "Math is hard" now where's that free drink I've got comin' ? ;):thumbsup:

• In the infamous words of @pigmanfu "Math is hard" now where's that free drink I've got comin' ? ;):thumbsup:

When next we meet, I will buy you a few my friend. Did I really spell "corrected" wrong? :( Damn spellchecker, it's never there when you need it and changes words to different, incorrect words half the time.

@NatomasSlingshot1 of course with my statement , there would be exceptions. Handicapped in all its forms..... I was really speaking about those that live to milk the system and raise their children to milk the system. One of the big ways is have more children, 270+ per month, per kid. Basically, if you can work, get out there and find work. Move if you have to. You have six months to do it! X/

• When next we meet, I will buy you a few my friend. Did I really spell "corrected" wrong? :( Damn spellchecker, it's never there when you need it and changes words to different, incorrect words half the time.

@NatomasSlingshot1 of course with my statement , there would be exceptions. Handicapped in all its forms..... I was really speaking about those that live to milk the system and raise their children to milk the system. One of the big ways is have more children, 270+ per month, per kid. Basically, if you can work, get out there and find work. Move if you have to. You have six months to do it! X/

• I stand correcred @Bill Martin . I actually did the math. For every one thousand in taxes you paid, you gave the bar owner 4.7 cents, if his bill was 200k :D . If @Slunglow or you paid 100k in taxes, you gave him $4.76 and he owes you a drink of your choice.

I get what you are saying @WOLF and I concur. Since you seem to be mathematically inclined could you please tell the bartender to keep the drink and tell me where my other $99,955.24 is??? I been lookin for it and can't seem to locate it once it goes into that black hole known as the IRS. You know I love ya Wolfie but I have watched my premiums and deductibles quadruple under the marvelous Affordable Health Care Act. What we gonna do when we can't afford to take care of ourselves - at least the slackers will be taken care of - we will just die.