Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Edward Neal when some on the left held anti-gun rallies, who showed up with guns to intimidate and antagonize them, subsequently leading to arguments and arrests on both sides? "The Left"? Had to be, because the Right stays home or comes to listen. They would never try to stifle somebody's freedom of speech, they were just practicing their own, Right?

did yo not read what I wrote? -it was very specific, it was about people invited to speak on college campuses - it was not about rallies or protests

I was very specific - I said that when conservatives are invited to speak on college campuses the left often shuts hem down - this is very common, and if its a liberal speaker its very un common for the opposite to happen

I mention my neighbor with a resist sticker and you twist it and ty to say I am talking about all liberals - - thats in you head - its your way of changing the subject to something you can try to defend - - - - and then you completely change my factual statement about speakers on college campuses and go totally off topic to use political rallies and what happens there to again change the subject so that you can argue - - -

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• WOLF - I don’t think anybody is trying to say the far left is any better or worse than the far right. Free speech is under assault with a Massachusetts lawmaker wanting to criminalize calling someone a “bitch”. So I can’t call him a bitch - what if I decide he is a lowlife cocksucker and call him that - is that next?? Citizens, regardless of political leanings should be able to say, demonstrate, protest - whatever within the bounds of the law allows - no matter how offensive it may be. It is a very old saying but very appropriate here “WE ARE ALLOWING THE INMATES TO RUN THE ASYLUM”

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• did yo not read what I wrote? -it was very specific, it was about people invited to speak on college campuses - it was not about rallies or protests

I was very specific - I said that when conservatives are invited to speak on college campuses the left often shuts hem down - this is very common, and if its a liberal speaker its very un common for the opposite to happen

I mention my neighbor with a resist sticker and you twist it and ty to say I am talking about all liberals - - thats in you head - its your way of changing the subject to something you can try to defend - - - - and then you completely change my factual statement about speakers on college campuses and go totally off topic to use political rallies and what happens there to again change the subject so that you can argue - - -

Some of those rallies happened on college campuses. Also, you said, "THE LEFT". All encompassing. Sorry I misunderstood.

Edited once, last by WOLF ().

• Some of those rallies happened on college campuses. Also, you said, "THE LEFT". Also encompassing. Sorry 8 misunderstood.

so did I say anything that isnt true?

• WOLF - I don’t think anybody is trying to say the far left is any better or worse than the far right. Free speech is under assault with a Massachusetts lawmaker wanting to criminalize calling someone a “bitch”. So I can’t call him a bitch - what if I decide he is a lowlife cocksucker and call him that - is that next?? Citizens, regardless of political leanings should be able to say, demonstrate, protest - whatever within the bounds of the law allows - no matter how offensive it may be. It is a very old saying but very appropriate here “WE ARE ALLOWING THE INMATES TO RUN THE ASYLUM”

It sure sounds like a double standard is being applied.

• Yes.

okay - tell me what

I said the left tries to stifle the free speech of conservative speakers on college campuses

what part of that is not true?

I also said that I do not feel safe putting pro USA graphics on my slingshot living where I do and that this is in part to a screaming left anti trump liberal with a resist bumper sticker on his Prius living across the street from me - - now this is a expression of my personal feelings and related to where I live so I don't see how you could say its not true, but if if you think it isnt please tell me why

just because you dont like what I said does not make it untrue - so please be specific - - what is not true in what I have said???

• Whoa, Nobody is talking about accepting all views. Some views are plum loco. Simply acknowledge that both sides equally act the same way, do the same shit and hypocritically cry when the other side does the same as they did.:)

• Agreed, it can go both ways. But by far I would walk around in public all day with a shirt supporting a democratic and have a relaxed and safe feeling. Its a given with no question it will happen, my yard would be full of discarded cups, bags & bottles and yes a keyed vehicle should I put out a slogan supporting the republican party. I wouldn't dare show public support for a republican. The monetary costs and time spent picking up garbage would be to much.

But yes in general you are correct. Wouldn't it be great if everyone could feel free to express there views! Kinda like anti fascism!

• "The left" "I said the left" "and "you ty to say I am talking about all liberals - - thats in you head - its your way of changing the subject to something you can try to defend - - - - and then you completely change my factual statement

I misunderstood, sorry.:00008356::00008172::00008356:

• "The left" "I said the left" "and "you ty to say I am talking about all liberals - - thats in you head - its your way of changing the subject to something you can try to defend - - - - and then you completely change my factual statement

is it not people on the left who shut down the conservative speakers? - if not who?

11 times campus speakers were shouted down by leftist protesters

its a simple fact conservative speakers on college campuses are often times shouted down and when they are it is most often done by people on the left

you cant change the truth just because you dont like it

• And the reverse NEVER happens? Got it.

I never said the other side never does it - it is much rarer, but it does happen

just because the Right occasionally does it are you saying that makes it okay for the Left to do it?

personally I am not big on justification - if something is wrong no matter what others might do it is still wrong - wouldn't you agree?

• I never said the other side never does it - it is much rarer, but it does happen

just because the Right occasionally does it are you saying that makes it okay for the Left to do it?

personally I am not big on justification - if something is wrong no matter what others might do it is still wrong - wouldn't you agree?

You never said Conservatives never do it, you implied they never would when you said conservatives would avoid it or just come to listen.

Yes, I agree that if something is wrong it doesn't matter who did it, it's wrong.

So many in politics cry, "that's wrong" when the opposing team does wrong and make excuses for their team saying, "it's a different scenario, different venue, different subject...".

• You never said Conservatives never do it, you implied they never would when you said conservatives would avoid it or just come to listen.

Yes, I agree that if something is wrong it doesn't matter who did it, it's wrong.

So many in politics cry, "that's wrong" when the opposing team does wrong and make excuses for their team saying, "it's a different scenario, different venue, different subject...".

I believe I said "most" conservatives would avoid it, but if I didnt please forgive me. I will also admit my views might be tainted - living in California as I do my political environment is likely very different from yours - The left here in my State tends to be further left of center than it is in most other states (notice I said "most" not all) - there is a very good chance that in parts of California even you would be considered conservative

just as an interesting side note - in all of the time since the primaries before 2016 I have never seen a single person walking the streets wearing a MAGA hat - - - I live in one of the more conservative areas of the State and even here wearing a MAGA hat would likely get you spit on by some asshat who thinks that is what you do when you disagree with someone

Like I said - it is possible that living in California has tainted my view of many people on the left - - unfortunately the normal ones like yourself seem to be as afraid to show it as conservatives are

• I believe I said "most" conservatives would avoid it, but if I didnt please forgive me. I will also admit my views might be tainted - living in California as I do my political environment is likely very different from yours - The left here in my State tends to be further left of center than it is in most other states (notice I said "most" not all) - there is a very good chance that in parts of California even you would be considered conservative

just as an interesting side note - in all of the time since the primaries before 2016 I have never seen a single person walking the streets wearing a MAGA hat - - - I live in one of the more conservative areas of the State and even here wearing a MAGA hat would likely get you spit on by some asshat who thinks that is what you do when you disagree with someone

Like I said - it is possible that living in California has tainted my view of many people on the left - - unfortunately the normal ones like yourself seem to be as afraid to show it as conservatives are

I wear a different Trump or Make America Great Again ball cap every day. Nine ball caps at least including the Make America A S--T Hole Vote Dem. My grand son asked me yesterday if I had any ball caps that did not say Trump. I showed him 4 that did not have "TRUMP" on them.

• I believe I said "most" conservatives would avoid it, but if I didnt please forgive me. I will also admit my views might be tainted - living in California as I do my political environment is likely very different from yours - The left here in my State tends to be further left of center than it is in most other states (notice I said "most" not all) - there is a very good chance that in parts of California even you would be considered conservative

I'm not "on the left", and argue with Democrats the same as I argue with conservatives. Heck, by the criteria set forth in this thread, I'm a conservative. Gun owning Veteran that votes for Republicans and wears these shoes daily.

And has this as his license plate. Luckily, I don't fear anyone and nobody has messed with me for my shoes or keyed my truck.;)

Edited once, last by WOLF ().