Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• @WOLF - rape - really. Wealthy people settle nuisance cases like this all the time because cost of defense would exceed the settlement agreement. If there really were grounds for rape the district attorney would not prosecute - I don't think so - it would be a career maker if they won. Bankruptcy - again really - did he break any laws - NO!! Did he use existing laws to benefit his companies and shareholders - YES! Big business is rough and tumble and many times the smaller guys are crushed under their weight. Morally it may be wrong but as CEO it was his job to maximize profits and decrease losses. After the preceding year - to me it is evident to me he broke no laws or he would have been arrested as the deck was stacked against him as tough as possible!!
    @funinthesun. I stand corrected - he did create some great paying jobs :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Bill, come on lawyer. When somebody is paid off and they drop the suit. Where does the prosecuters witness go? His wife brought charges against him, think about that. How many times, what did he do that caused his wife to bring legal charges against him. Dropped or not, what the heck did he do to push her to that point.

The bankruptcies were only to illustrate LIVES RUINED. I know it was legal, I know it was just business, but lives were ruined while he got richer.

• HMMM, I wonder what would have happened to those struggling businesses he bought if they were left alone????
    I would imagine the companies would have gone bankrupt, putting all those people out of work WITHOUT a buyout.
    Typically when a business buys another business, SOME of the employees are hired by the new owners.
    I don't know, it ain't worth me researching it since no laws were broken.
    It is funny that the FDA is putting THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of small businesses out of business monthly, but no one gives a crap.
    But let Trump buy a business, part it out, save some peoples jobs and make a profit doing it, and the libs just lose their freaking mind.

• Have I defended Hillary against any of the things said against her? No, I have not. I don't try to defend the indefensible. You guys seem to defend every crappy thing this shitbag ever did, strictly because of his "Republican" status. Think about that while you continue to demonstrate actions you vilify in others. :thumbsup:

You guys is a bad statement. I don't defend him because he is in place because the Democrats policies over the past eight years. Our government is broken. I just defend statements that make judgements, accusations, and comparisons that are not even in the same ballpark.

• As I have stated before I did things as a lawyer that were within the confines of the law that did not set well with me morally ultimately leading to my retirement and much happier life. Bankruptcy, hostile takeovers, gutting and selling off struggling businesses who's assets were worth more than income generated - so is the life of a corporate lawyer - working for guys like Trump. If you don't like the game - don't hate the players. Rep & Dem BOTH are responsible for the rules of the game. As far as the rape allegation no woman ever has alledged rape for either revenge or financial gain right?? If this was the worst that Hillary was accused of she may very well be President elect as we speak. She broke the law in front of the entire population of the US by repeated lies to Congress and the FBI. You may not like President Trump but his character far exceeds Hillary Clinton who firmly believed she was above the law! If Trump proves to be the dirtbag Hillary is it will come out in the next four years and I will lead the charge against him. Until then he is my President and I am quite proud of him.

As I stated earlier he would separate his Presidency from his business. Please review
    Trump says he's stepping out of his business empire
    Trump says he's leaving businesses to focus on presidency

Ball back in your court @WOLF :00008359:

• I usually consider you the voice of reason from the "middle" @WOLF. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? If she had been truly violated she should of gone to the DA, present the facts, charges filed, prove him guilty before a jury of his piers, then lock him up and throw away the key. You gonna tell me she was traumatized by rape money fixes her pain?? I think not! I'll give you some lives ruined by Trump, corporate raiders, etc. How many more were ruined by small businesses being forced into bankruptcy by Obama's over bearing executive actions of his phone and pen? I admit I am way to the right but seems like you are drifting left on me since our guy won. You are still one of my favorite left leaners :P

• @Slingrazor "you guys" is perfectly fine as I used it. You guys stole all the cookies ("you know who you are" is understood). If it doesnt apply to you, AKA "deplorables", don't take offense.

Not offended at all, this tends to be good discussion.
    Now all you guys has been explained as in "all you liberals love to defend her murdering ways on this thread" should be an accurate statement. I know it's not because you use your brain. That's where I was comming from.
    Continue..... :thumbsup:

• Whoa!!!! I'm just having a little fun, and I'm not calling anybody out. Sometimes this thread gets a little heavy, so I jump in with a little sarcasm. Didn't mean to offend anyone.
    However Wolfie, you are right, I am blind on occasion. Recently I had my blinders on when I met this girl below. Luckily, I am an expert in braille. And I can verify one thing...................
    THOSE CANS ARE REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :00008172::00008172::00008172::00008172::00008172::00008172::00008172::00008172::00008172::00008172::00008172::00008172::00008172:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

Edited once, last by ConnMan ().

• I know, same with Bank bailouts, but Obama could have killed those "lame duck" decisions

So you are giving him credit for the bailouts solely because he did not reverse them when he took office .... am I to understand you are OK with giving him praise for work others produced, pushed through, and worked on for six months before he took office ... if I understand correctly you are giving him credit for doing nothing, as in taking no action in regard to the bailouts, yet giving him undue praise for the industry it saved, jobs it produced, and profits made from the arrangements even though all details where worked out before he took office .....

With that might you agree your statement "a Democrat did that" is not accurate ...

just trying to keep it fair and balanced in here

.......... wink-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......