Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Once upon a time MANY moons ago I lived in Austin. It was a beautiful big city with a small town feel to it. It was somewhat liberal but nothing radical. The liberal Democrats have turned it into an urban shithole with not enough PoPo to protect its citizens. I personally believe that all the “techies” that moved there from liberal states voting Democrat is what has caused Austin’s decline. When are people going to realize liberal policies leave death and destruction in their wake. I would like to hear one story of liberal policies actually helping its taxpayers. You won’t because politicians have become masters of the bait and switch and voters are gullible!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Edited 2 times, last by Bill Martin ().

• Time will tell how this all works out, but information just leaked out of Budweiser's parent company, the corporate name will be changing to "TRANS - How's your Busch"

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Time will tell how this all works out, but information just leaked out of Budweiser's parent company, the corporate name will be changing to "TRANS - How's your Busch"

I heard that, it was in the same leak that said Nike was going to change theirs to Dykie

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

• When I was a kid parents were responsible for what their minor children did. My father drilled that into my head. Don't do anything that thing that will embarrass the family. Bad kids went to reform school and I can tell you we had very few bad kids we were all afraid of going to reform school or home to our fathers. But then many of these kids don't a a father in the family and that is a lot of the problem I think. We learned respect for others and was taught the Golden Rule.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• When I was a kid parents were responsible for what their minor children did. My father drilled that into my head. Don't do anything that thing that will embarrass the family. Bad kids went to reform school and I can tell you we had very few bad kids we were all afraid of going to reform school or home to our fathers. But then many of these kids don't a a father in the family and that is a lot of the problem I think. We learned respect for others and was taught the Golden Rule.

Yep my father said "if you're out after midnight you're up to no good".

• A good friend sent me this -

https://youtube.com/shorts/tXAF0rKHlpg?feature=share

This is a deep fake - really scary IMO - we have enough trouble already trying to figure out what politician is lying now - imagine what they will do to the Republican nominee before election time. No worries on Biden - him and his record speaks for themselves.

• A good friend sent me this -

https://youtube.com/shorts/tXAF0rKHlpg?feature=share

This is a deep fake - really scary IMO - we have enough trouble already trying to figure out what politician is lying now - imagine what they will do to the Republican nominee before election time. No worries on Biden - him and his record speaks for themselves.

Deepfakes, Artificial Intelligence, Bots running around social media platforms manipulating voters and injecting ideas in order to sway elections and the list goes on. It's safe to say at this point we are all fucked.

• Deepfakes, Artificial Intelligence, Bots running around social media platforms manipulating voters and injecting ideas in order to sway elections and the list goes on. It's safe to say at this point we are all fucked.

It is just like our world with the computer, in some ways the computer would be a great benefit. Using numbers in information for treatment in medicine and disease. Causes and cures. But there are more negatives in the computer world IMHO and AI will be the same way.

• I never was a techie but I’m all in on AI…

just imagine never having to do another “honey do” job and ya don’t even have to take em to dinner to get laid :00008172:

• I will admit that I do enjoy tech / AI. My wife and I have smart lights and cameras around the outside of our home and several Amazon echo devices to control it all and to fill our home with music, but I also worry a good deal of how tech / AI can be abused or get out of control, especially when put in a situation where it is making choices without human oversight - for a very short time I even had my smart garage door opener connected to the Alexa/echo system - - lasted less than a week because even with a code enabled that was susposed to insure the door could not be accidentally opened Alexa still managed to open the door - second time the IA opened it when it was not instructed by us to do so the Alex / echo was disconnected from the opener. If a light goes on when it isn't supposed to no real harm has occurred, but opening the garage door - thats a problem!

I also find the AI manipulation of pictures and videos to be getting very out of control, the time when you could trust an image or a video as evidence of something is completely gone - these days NOTHING you see on the internet can be trusted to be real and people are using this to control us and to turn us against each other to increase their own power.

yep - we are screwed, but whats really frightening is that our kids and grandkids are even more totally screwed than we are

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

• Edward Neal

“yep - we are screwed, but whats really frightening is that our kids and grandkids are even more totally screwed than we are

As I posted previously that might be one way to get teenage boys off the phone and video games. Always a silver lining…. :00008172:

• I never was a techie but I’m all in on AI…

just imagine never having to do another “honey do” job and ya don’t even have to take em to dinner to get laid :00008172:

I had one of those sex dolls before I was married. Never again. One night, I had her in bed with me and things were going along REAL good when I leaned over and bit her on her neck. I guess she didn't care for that as she FARTED, then HISSED at me and flew out the window!!!

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Yep my father said "if you're out after midnight you're up to no good". and that was one of my farhers favorite sayings. If I was home by midnight he would lock the doors os I had to beat on them to get in. One night I crawled into the window of my basement bedroom. Well dad thought that wasn't such a good idea and my bottom payed for that.

As for Alexa our parrot talks to her and can set her off talking or turning on something.

• Anyone watching the NASCAR race? It is the Bristol dirt race and the stands look like they are over 3/4 EMPTY. Looks like NASCAR is getting payback.

Yes I did indeed watch the race........

thoughts........

Not sure why we need a dirt race anywhere, especially at Bristol which is usually good racing.

This years race was better than last year.

They must have made improvement to the clay, as it wasn't clogging up the grills.

Easter Sunday and Sunday night in general, is not going to put asses in the stands.

Saturday night would have put more people in there. However, Easter weekend in general usually involve family plans that get in the way of attending a race.

I'll keep watching NASCAR until they go with Joe Biden engines. At that point the roar you usually here at a race, will be moans from the crowd.

If they get a crowd at that point.

:00008862:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• It's coming. Elon will sponsor it. NASCAR EV SERIES. :00008172::00008172::00008172::00008172:

• They make some petty fast electric cars now days. Heck the new Jeep supplies 750 hp at the wheels. Our fair grounds back home in NW Iowa had a 1/2 mile dirt track and I enjoyed those races. By the time the week of racing was over most of the infield wooded fence and a car had gone over the outfield cement on curve one and three. I would miss the sounds as they were part of the reason I am wearing hearing aids now. My friend and I always got infield passes as his father drove a fuel truck. We stood on top of the trucks fuel tank to watch the race and when they drove the trucks around to pack the track we sit up there.