Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• They didn't want to shoot it down as it might fall on someone. Are they saying in this day and age they are not smart enough to know where it would fall. I hope our military doesn't have that problem dropping bombs.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Well, we can wait and see if there is a new virus spread by the balloon and wait for our government to deny that it has anything to do with the China. Maybe this time it affects something other than humans.

So far consensus on what the Chinese are doing by we the public ranges from spreading a virus to detonating a nuke to create an EMP...

I don't know what it is, but unless we actually can "look" or examine it I doubt we will ever know. It is not just a weather balloon that flew off course as the Military has been tracking it and it can change course... (not guided by the wind) as at the altitude it is at there is minimal wind.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• They didn't want to shoot it down as it might fall on someone. Are they saying in this day and age they are not smart enough to know where it would fall. I hope our military doesn't have that problem dropping bombs.

From what I read, shooting it down is not as easy as it sounds... since they really do not know what Is in the balloon and wether it would fall straight down, get caught in the jet stream (which can have speeds as high as 275 MPH) or what it might do.

With the way we are in this country, before they shoot it down they should have a law suit funding bill to pay for all the damages (physical, mental, perceived) it could cause to money hungry Americans.....

• From what I read, shooting it down is not as easy as it sounds... since they really do not know what Is in the balloon and wether it would fall straight down, get caught in the jet stream (which can have speeds as high as 275 MPH) or what it might do.

With the way we are in this country, before they shoot it down they should have a law suit funding bill to pay for all the damages (physical, mental, perceived) it could cause to money hungry Americans.....

In case you hadn't seen, It originally crossed in to US airspace in Alaska, then crossed Canada entering the US again in Montana.

We had plenty of forewarning, open area, and the technology to not only take a very close look at what it's carrying, calculate it's payloads precise weight, and determine where it would fall within a fairly small area.

If it hadn't been for private reports the feds wouldn't have even acknowledged they allowed a foreign adversary to fly in to our sovereign airspace unimpeded. Doesn't matter if this is a balloon, bomber, or ICBM it is the same illegal act and should not have been allowed, period. They have known about it for weeks and never even notified Congress. An illegal act in itself.

This was a test and we failed. Now all that is happening is we are being fed an 8 course meal of excuses for incompetence and the world is laughing at us.

...........ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• So far consensus on what the Chinese are doing by we the public ranges from spreading a virus to detonating a nuke to create an EMP...

I don't know what it is, but unless we actually can "look" or examine it I doubt we will ever know. It is not just a weather balloon that flew off course as the Military has been tracking it and it can change course... (not guided by the wind) as at the altitude it is at there is minimal wind.

It's funny how it stayed a couple of days in the same place and then started moving again.

I just heard an MSM moron ask why we should care about the second Chinese spy balloon over Central America and try to spin it as proof of no ill intent.

Well genius, it just traveled one of the most important shipping lanes for the US Military and global commerce.

.....bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I agree, but the article I read said the balloon is about 20 ft in diameter and aside from what could be "seen" they do not know if there is anything internally in the balloon.

• Oh man... now I can sleep again ... Rest easy my friends... waves hand (Obi wan)

Biden says administration will "take care of" suspected spy balloon

President Joe Biden said his administration will handle a suspected Chinese spy balloon traversing the eastern United States. (Montana, Nebraska, Kansas eastern US???)

“We're gonna take care of it,” Biden said, when questioned by CNN’s Sam Fossum on whether he would shoot down the balloon.

Biden has been discussing options with military brass since first being briefed on the balloon Tuesday. His advisers warned against shooting it down over land because debris could land on people or homes.

Biden was speaking at an airfield in Syracuse, New York, where he is visiting family.

• I agree, but the article I read said the balloon is about 20 ft in diameter and aside from what could be "seen" they do not know if there is anything internally in the balloon.

I could clearly see it from over 100 miles away and the payload is bigger than a bus. 20ft?

Just watch an idiot on the news say the Chinese are embarrassed because we caught them. It's a giant f-ing balloon.