Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• You would think with the past incident ts that these bozos would know better. I don't know what their training was but common sense should have come into play. Why not establish a national training camp much like the military basi and advanced that all potential police officers must graduate from.m? Each state would pay the tuition for their candidates.

• You would think with the past incident ts that these bozos would know better. I don't know what their training was but common sense should have come into play. Why not establish a national training camp much like the military basi and advanced that all potential police officers must graduate from.m? Each state would pay the tuition for their candidates.

This is not a training issue. Nobody trains their people to do this. To the contrary use of force it trained over and over.

I understand the good intent however that would just be one huge step closer to a national police force.

giphy.gif

...confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• There is good and there is evil and it comes in all shapes, sizes, colors, and locations. Of this I am convinced.

There are those that look at this and are saddened and wonder why and there are those that look at this and ask how can I take advantage of this and profit.

It’s always been this way and as long as we are here unfortunately I do not believe it will change.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Why, after training each state would be solely in charge and be payng them and they would need to follow state laws.

One size doesn't fit all. We've shifted training to understand that different areas/cultures require a different approach. Diversity training tells us not to treat everyone/neighborhood the same.

• This is not a training issue. Nobody trains their people to do this. To the contrary use of force it trained over and over.

There is good and there is evil and it comes in all shapes, sizes, colors, and locations. Of this I am convinced.

There are those that look at this and are saddened and wonder why and there are those that look at this and ask how can I take advantage of this and profit.

It’s always been this way and as long as we are here unfortunately I do not believe it will change.

Could this be a result of the “defund the police” movement?? You reduce standards to put warm bodies on the street and this is what you get?? These officers looked like they were in a game of GrandTheft Auto - not arresting a wreckless driving suspect. Defunding police = poorer police outcomes IMO. No worries - Ben Crump will calm everyone down….

13505E7F-E512-4830-9260-A19894B25BB0.gif

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Could this be a result of the “defund the police” movement?? You reduce standards to put warm bodies on the street and this is what you get?? These officers looked like they were in a game of GrandTheft Auto - not arresting a wreckless driving suspect. Defunding police = poorer police outcomes IMO. No worries - Ben Crump will calm everyone down….

13505E7F-E512-4830-9260-A19894B25BB0.gif

Not sure defund the Police is the problem...

In Memphis, the police department’s budget has increased 11.2% since 2017, compared to 7% for the entire city budget.

In 2017, MPD’s budget amounted to 38% of the City of Memphis budget. Today, it is 40%.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• On another note... What the hell is going on in Cali??? Isn't this like the 4th mass event in just over a week?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lea…-4-wounded-144514989.html

if it bleeds it leads! This is no different than Chicago, Boston, New York pick a town. I am a firm believer that 90% of the “news” is nothing more than Clickbait.

if the shooting had taken place in Compton or Northridge, we probably would not have heard about it. Beverly Hills oh yeah, get the camera get the van. Let’s go do the report.

• if it bleeds it leads! This is no different than Chicago, Boston, New York pick a town. I am a firm believer that 90% of the “news” is nothing more than Clickbait.

if the shooting had taken place in Compton or Northridge, we probably would not have heard about it. Beverly Hills oh yeah, get the camera get the van. Let’s go do the report.

I get that, but this is the fourth one in less than two weeks.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• 34 shot - 5 dead in Chicago this past weekend. Not a peep from the mainstream media. Should be obvious to anyone - violence is acceptable as long as it is in the “hood” - move into the burbs - we can’t have that !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• 34 shot - 5 dead in Chicago this past weekend. Not a peep from the mainstream media. Should be obvious to anyone - violence is acceptable as long as it is in the “hood” - move into the burbs - we can’t have that !!

I've come to realize that the news only reports things that support the left's narrative or is something uncommon/unusual. Shootings in Chicago don't meet either of those criteria.

• I get that, but this is the fourth one in less than two weeks.

34 shot - 5 dead in Chicago this past weekend. Not a peep from the mainstream media. Should be obvious to anyone - violence is acceptable as long as it is in the “hood” - move into the burbs - we can’t have that !!

Took the words right out of my mouth.

• I don’t believe this is a police thing. It is much simpler, while at the same time much larger an issue that cannot be solved by another line item in the budget.

In my opinion, when you remove morals, scruples, values and faith from our schools and society, this is what you get.

The God of the left is government.

• Something to consider with the incident in Memphis. The push to have a police force that looks like the neighborhood they serve comes with a risk. Often standards are lowered to reach a vision of diversity. Every group has that percentage that are bad. The lower into the pool to hire the better the change you won't weed out the bad ones. Departments reflect the community they hire from. Maybe we shouldn't be surprised when they start acting like the neighborhood.