Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Just read that the Freedom Caucus has reached a deal with McCarthy here is a part of it:

Rep.-elect Kevin McCarthy and many of the GOP members who have opposed his speakership have come to a tentative deal that meets “basically all” of the demands made by the House Freedom Caucus (HFC), and could get McCarthy to the 218 votes he needs in the near future, several GOP and Democratic lawmakers told Fox News.

Under the agreement that's still under review, McCarthy has agreed to give HFC members a stronger presence on key House committees, impose new controls on spending, and allowing a single member of the House to make a motion to remove the speaker, lawmakers said. That last item was one on which McCarthy initially offered a five-member minimum to “vacate the chair.”

The deal also includes a requirement that legislation must be introduced for 72 hours before it can be passed and a guaranteed vote on term limits, according to Rep.-elect Ralph Norman of South Carolina.

note that part I bolded - yea I doubt they will pass it, but at least it will put them all on the record for the people to see

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• and the winner of the worst thing for Republicans is…..drum roll please…..other Republicans!!! Ya gotta had it to the Dems - they stick together no matter what !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Republicans finally get past 218 votes!

Oh - wait - - - never mind 8o

• Did anyone besides me just see on Tucker on FOX the man from the web site called RUMBLE. He was talking about the Liberal restrictions on U-Tube. Just to give you an idea Dan Bongino 500,000 hits/followers/what ever you call it. Dan has just got on Rumble and has something like 7,000,000 already. That is just the example that I remember. That shows you just what is going on with our media not showing/telling us what is going on in the USA.

• Food for thought…. for the other two 😜

https://www.phe.gov/emergency/…COVID-19-Vaccinators.aspx

In a nutshell, all that states is that the government is acting in the best interest of the majority of people that voted for that government in power during the last election. (Thats what happens in an election)

I see no problem here.

If it was the Reps in power, and they did nothing like this at all, the Dems would be saying that they were wrong for doing squat. It's just a vicious circle. No winners and no losers, just complainers from the opposite sides of the aisle.......

• and the winner of the worst thing for Republicans is…..drum roll please…..other Republicans!!! Ya gotta had it to the Dems - they stick together no matter what !!!

My irrelavant Great White North perspective

The best thing McCarthy could do to stay in power, with some sort of dignity, instead of caving in and selling his soul to the Freedom Caucus, is to make a deal with some independents and moderate Dems. He is looking increasingly desperate, which is a seriously bad sign for a leader. Dump all the other crap he promised Gaetzs group and make a deal. All that is going to happen if he gives in to the FC is be pushed to the side and out anyways, which he is then the loser regardless. If he deals with a few others "in the aisle", he will remain in power, as the super powers he promised the FC would be irrelevant.

Same old euphamism - the lesser of the 2 evils.

Extremism takes a back seat, and the majority of the Reps win.

I don't think you will get the majority of Reps voting for anyone else. Only time will tell

........... angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Wouldn’t it be the most entertaining of TV if Trump became Speaker of the House then watch the media meltdown when he ripped up a copy of Joe Biden’s State of the Union address!!! The freakin Dems should have to endure everything they dished out against Trump starting with that pencil neck Adam Schiff!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Trump became Speaker of the House then watch the media meltdown when he ripped up a copy of Joe Biden’s State of the Union address!!

Better would be.......

TRUMP falls asleep right at the beginning of the Creepy Joe speech.....

Then wakes up right before it ends...... stands up, whips out one of those butane torch cigar lighters.....

lights the speech on fire......

holds it with two fingers until it burns right down to his fingers.....

never dropping it until it completely burns through his fingers....

all the time staring at the camera.... never acknowledging the burn....

then turning and walking off.....

(As a child, my Mom said..."Jimmy, your imagination....)

:00008356:

:00000436:

:00000441:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• In a nutshell, all that states is that the government is acting in the best interest of the majority of people that voted for that government in power during the last election. (Thats what happens in an election)

I see no problem here.

If it was the Reps in power, and they did nothing like this at all, the Dems would be saying that they were wrong for doing squat. It's just a vicious circle. No winners and no losers, just complainers from the opposite sides of the aisle.......

Hummm ….blanket immunity (no pun intended ) and a coverall get out of jail, free card for something that was considered mandatory for so many to work or participate in society is not what a free people should be subjected to.

If firefighters, sports figures, policeman, military, healthcare worker’s etc. were given the option that is another thing - they were not.

Freezing bank accounts, and destroying a persons ability to work, such as your government engaged in in my opinion is not acting in the “best interest of the majority of the people.”

All people should have recourse and options in a free society, I believe.

Unfortunately it is totalitarianism that got a good shot in the arm and gained some immunity in the last few years.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• oooooo ! Hardcore!
    I like it!!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• You right wing bigot.

Where's the charts on drug cartel profits? Sex trafficker profits? Those are going through the roof thanks to Biden! Business for them has never been better!

• I must admit I don't understand why this process is being run the way it is - I mean seriously yesterday I watched them hold a vote and when no one won they almost immediately started voting again - - you would think they would stop and have talks and negotiations before voting again and you would think they wouldn't come back to vote again unless they believed they had the votes needed - - this one vote after another after another with the results never changing looks to me like a complete waste of time - - instead of voting they should be working on a solution and only come back to vote again when they actually have one.

this damn thing has been a 4 day shit show and its not a good look for the party in charge

JMO

• As a side note - you would think some of the more moderate Democrats would be smart to start voting for McCarthy before he cedes to much power to the further right side of the party

• As a side note - you would think some of the more moderate Democrats would be smart to start voting for McCarthy before he cedes to much power to the further right side of the party

you would think they have thought about something like this. Even more would be to get with the moderate Reps and have one of them as speaker, cutting McCarthy out. Get all the dems to vote for that person and 16 moderate Reps. There you have your 218, and it cuts out the holdouts.