Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I may have misread your post, but I thought you said it would only affect a small portion of people. I was pointing out that quite a few people are early voting....

Sorry If I misunderstood your post.

I wasn't clear. My apologies, my point was not how many voted early but how many would not be able to make it to the polls on election because that would be inconvenient.

• After posting this morning about the drug flow across the border. I just got back from my daily dog walk 5 minutes ago. Saw my neighbor, a great guy and a good parent. Loved his sone and did many things with him. His son OD's and died about two years ago. He talked to his son about how he got addicted. His son said he went to a party in Philly, everyone was having fun when someone introduced everyone to Heron. At that one feeling good venerable point is all it takes. Two houses down the same for a nice woman that lost her daughter. It's a business that prays on people at those venerable points.

I say this because on the walk just today I heard the young kid that I sold my sportster to two years back ODd and died yesterday. Another tragedy. Lived next block over. Nice clean cut well-mannered kid. Worked at Navil Weapons Station Earle NJ. Bright future. My neighborhood, looking up the block, for the most part, clean, mostly well-kept and quiet. On the surface it looks great but it's sliding fast! We just had two recent car jackings, a bank robbery and a violent criminal involved in Mutiple shooting crash his car while in a police chase about two miles away.

China doesn't have to be at war to destroy the U.S. It's doing really good at it now. Fentanyl is easily moveable, powerful, cheep, lucrative, leaves a small footprint, and just about impossible to escape once addicted. To think most likely 100s of millions of pills floating out there right now.

Intentionally overlooking the boarder for votes is a crime.

• Ok on this ego thing. What there is 350 million people in the US and we want to pick the best one. Don't you think if he or she is that great they would have a petty big ego. Besides I wouldn't want to elect someone that didn't think highly of themselves.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Yes! We have mail in voting here in CA and I am very happy with the process. I am notified by email when my ballot has been mailed to me so that I can notify them if I do not receive it and I am notified when they receive it, when they verify that it has been "accepted" and then again when it is counted. at every step along the way I have the ability to know its where it should be and to report it if something goes wrong and get it replaced if needed

My only complaint is the way they allow ballots to be returned by mail as late as Election Day - These ballots are mailed to the voters weeks in advance and there is no reason why they can't require that they be received by Election Day - if a voter wants to wait until the last second then they can go drop it off at a voting location - - - this idea that they can be mailed as late as Election Day only serves to delay the results as has been very clear in this last election

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Ok on this ego thing. What there is 350 million people in the US and we want to pick the best one. Don't you think if he or she is that great they would have a petty big ego. Besides I wouldn't want to elect someone that didn't think highly of themselves.

Sorry couldn't disagree more - In my view the best leaders are usually fairly modest and are always willing to take input from others. The best leaders know they do not know everything and intentionally surround themselves with smart people who will challenge them.

This is a huge part of what I truly hate about Trump, His attitude that he is never wrong and his immediate rebuking of anyone who dares to question him - - - - No that's not the type of leader I can respect

• Sorry couldn't disagree more - In my view the best leaders are usually fairly modest and are always willing to take input from others. The best leaders know they do not know everything and intentionally surround themselves with smart people who will challenge them.

This is a huge part of what I truly hate about Trump, His attitude that he is never wrong and his immediate rebuking of anyone who dares to question him - - - - No that's not the type of leader I can respect

I'll take Trump with his huge ego anyday of the week if it takes truly putting the interests of this country FIRST. You dont have to "respect" a President, this is not the guy marrying your daughter or your best friend. What you should admire though is their ability to do what they were elected for and to really put YOUR country first.

• Sorry couldn't disagree more - In my view the best leaders are usually fairly modest and are always willing to take input from others. The best leaders know they do not know everything and intentionally surround themselves with smart people who will challenge them.

Hmmm, everything I've heard about Trmmp is that he listens to all input prior to making a decision.

• Hmmm, everything I've heard about Trmmp is that he listens to all input prior to making a decision.

And who have you heard it from - Trump?

He sure hasn't listen to all of those like Sean Hannity or his own vice president or those in his cabinet who advised him to knock off the talk about the election being stolen

Sean Hannity tells True "No more stolen election"

• Trying to understand cryptocurrency after hearing of the FTX collapse. It's been reported that other crypto (not FTX) have locked user accounts so they can't make crypto transactions.

Has anyone who has a crypto account had problems using it this week? Looks like a lot of folks lost everything with FTC.

• I’m gonna go way back in time to something a professor stressed in his course. You can be the smartest guy in the room, have an extremely persuasive argument, have the law on your side - BUT - if you make the jury dislike you be it your style or argument delivery- it will result in a verdict against you. Priority one - make the jury like you if at all possible. If Trump had taken that course he would still be President today !!! :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Funny, other than the modest part you actually described the exact way President Trump ran his White House and then presented an incorrect account of the way he led that was perpetrated by the dems and MSM.

You sir have been misinformed.

......... angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Are you sure its me that's been misinformed?????

• And who have you heard it from - Trump?

He sure hasn't listen to all of those like Sean Hannity or his own vice president or those in his cabinet who advised him to knock off the talk about the election being stolen

Sean Hannity tells True "No more stolen election"

Take away stolen election rhetoric and he was a great president. Get over it.