Just got a pyle 4 channel by amp

• so just bought a pyle marine bluetooth amp 4 channel amp. I'm using ssv rear hump pods with Jensen marine 6.5s and no radio just bt amp so question is what's the best place to mount amp and how to wire where it comes on with the key

• I'm probably not the best to answer this for you but here goes.
    Option 1 - depending on size of Amp @slingmods sales a plate that allows you to mount it behind the factory radio/cubby hole.
    Option 2 - Like me and alot of others we mounted the amp under the seat on spacers so that it is off the floor allowing minor amounts of water/rain to go underneath it.
    As for wiring it that should be easy just wire it to the fuse box on a fuse that comes on/off when the key is turned (if you have the accessory fuse box then even easier).

• greenvrod06 wrote:
    so positive and remote wire to fuse box and ground to frame

Not quite. Amp power positive straight to battery (w/appropriate inline fuse). Ground to frame is correct. Get signal power to turn on amp, when ignition is turned on, from appropriate point in fuse box (personally, I tapped the hot wire going to glovebox powerpoint - it's switched to ignition ON). The powerpoint between the seats is always hot so don't use that one...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• You may want to check and see if the amp needs a trigger wire to turn on. Some amps do not. Since your using speaker level input it may sense that you have turned the stereo on and kick the amp on automaticly. It would really save you from having to run a trigger wire to the fuse block or the glove box.

If it doesn't you can get a speaker level to line level adapter that has a trigger output wire to turn on the amp. The reason I bring this up as being important is because you don't have to go any further than the speaker plugs on the sides to grab your inputs to the amp. And the ground can be achieved under the seat bolt and the hot can be got straight thru the plastic to the battery. So if you can trigger the amp on the ways I have described you save yourself a wire that has to go to the front or any other source.

• I had a Boss Audio BT amp and I installed it in the Infotainment cubby area after I insulated the cubby area. I could then use the Slingshot's radio power connector and the SlingMods radio connector to power the BT amp. The radio circuit is fused for 25 amps and if you have the Pyle PLMRA410BT, it is fused for 20 amps, so it should work. Using the SlingMods connector is very easy and plug and play.
    Here's the thread I made on insulating the cubby area - Insulating the Infotainment Cubby Area From Engine Compartment Heat. I probably went a little overboard.