Helping transitional soldiers

• @adventure4me. I know you are very proud of your daughter. Please thank her for me the next time you talk to her. What a fantastic thing she is doing for our Vets. Thank God we have people who are willing to work with our Vets with little to no praise for the work the do.

My Father would have been 85 today if he were still with us. He was a Korean War, and Vietnam war veteran and served our country for 23 years in the Marine Corp. I thank and supports all of our Vets every chance I get. So please thank her for the service that she is doing for our countries Vets.

• This project started on a smaller scale a couple of years ago with just the bees. I went to a couple of the bee club meetings with my daughter (it's a large group). At that time, one of the soldier's wives had thanked the Colonel because she felt it really saved her husband. This larger project has just begun in the last few months - though it has obviously been in the works for a long time. I'm headed to Riley now for my granddaughter's graduation and I'm hoping I'll get a tour of what's happening.

Beekeeping is fascinating - boy, have I learned a lot! I love that now all those beekeepers will be getting their supplies from this organization thus supporting it. They just brought in thousands of free flying bees this past weekend that the local people had ordered.

If I remember correctly, the Colonel is in his 80s.

PBS recently was there shooting a program - it will be shown in the Midwest, and I'll be waiting for my daughter to post a link.