Ct fellas post up here

• Didn't think it would happen, but I'm getting a February ride in today!! :thumbup:
    Taking the SS to the dealer for all the recalls. Should be able to pick it up next week and ride home. No snow in the forecast for the next 10 days anyway. 8)

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Mine is going in on Monday for the recall. Plan to drive it there and back provided there is no rain. Salt should be washed away on Saturday. After that, I'm pulling he exhaust and manifold and sending them out for ceramic coating.

• Didn't think it would happen, but I'm getting a February ride in today!! :thumbup:
    Taking the SS to the dealer for all the recalls. Should be able to pick it up next week and ride home. No snow in the forecast for the next 10 days anyway. 8)

Snow thurs through Sat :whistling: ....Actually rain..clear up the roads.. Im curious they told me machine will be ready tomorrow??? 4+ on swingarm...I hope to have back and safe in MY garage ?( Why they keeping yours so long?

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Snow thurs through Sat :whistling: ....Actually rain..clear up the roads.. Im curious they told me machine will be ready tomorrow??? 4+ on swingarm...I hope to have back and safe in MY garage ?( Why they keeping yours so long?

Mine has been at Nielsen's for over a week but had several issues over and above
    the 'recall' --- was sad I didn't have for last weekend when the weather here in Northern Indiana was dry and 55/60 degrees... My 2016 has 28,000 miles so a couple of extra days this time of year I can handle....should be ready for another
    good year of lots of riding....Can't wait for Maggie Valley!!!!!!!

• Im curious they told me machine will be ready tomorrow??? 4+ on swingarm...I hope to have back and safe in MY garage Why they keeping yours so long?

Well, there is a good reason for the time difference. At your dealership (Libby's), they bus in the automotive Tech. Ed. class from Wilbur Cross High School at around 9:30. Each of the 30 students is handed an adjustable wrench, and a Ball Peen Hammer. Then they will attack your swing arm repair like savages, and have it done quickly because they have to get back to school in time for "Free Lunch Friday".
    My dealership, has a Certified Polaris Technician, with a Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering from M.I.T. He will repair my SS with with a surgical touch, which takes longer.
    Good Luck with your repair, I'm sure it will be fine!! :00008356:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)

• Well, there is a good reason for the time difference. At your dealership (Libby's), they bus in the automotive Tech. Ed. class from Wilbur Cross High School at around 9:30. Each of the 30 students is handed an adjustable wrench, and a Ball Peen Hammer. Then they will attack your swing arm repair like savages, and have it done quickly because they have to get back to school in time for "Free Lunch Friday".My dealership, has a Certified Polaris Technician, with a Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering from M.I.T. He will repair my SS with with a surgical touch, which takes longer.
    Good Luck with your repair, I'm sure it will be fine!! :00008356:

Jimmy, I think you spelled TORCH wrong

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• No Jay there is a Kid named Ed he works in the graphic arts dept. He's the one who prints up all the certified Polaris /MIT
    engineering certificates for Jim's dealer so Jim will feel better after they charge him $400.00 to say no all slingshot do that or sound that way your sling shot is normal just dive it, Trust us we have an MIT certified Tech. look at it just for you! :00000014::00000008::00000004:

• At Jim's Dealer when you pick up your SS and ask what was wrong?
    Service manager to Jim
    Wow Jim it was really messed up we found that your brass Giggler pin was bent and had fallen out we could not reach it with out a complete disassembly of your Slingshot but thank god for our MIT tech he had a special brass magnet to pick it up! WE replaced your Giggler pin and Giggler fluid and cleaned up the leaked Giggler fluid on your Slingshot with a bucket of steam! We also found the you Polaris Modulator was not modulating with in Polaris spec so Our MIT tech ordered a high tech high impact micro adjusting tool just to re-modulate your modulator. Jim being impressed walk out Happy while MIT tech asked the service manager what the hell is a high impact micro adjusting tool? umm it's a hammer! :00000028:

• No Jay there is a Kid named Ed he works in the graphic arts dept. He's the one who prints up all the certified Polaris /MIT
    engineering certificates for Jim's dealer so Jim will feel better after they charge him $400.00 to say no all slingshot do that or sound that way your sling shot is normal just dive it, Trust us we have an MIT certified Tech. look at it just for you! :00000014::00000008::00000004:

At Jim's Dealer when you pick up your SS and ask what was wrong?
    Service manager to Jim
    Wow Jim it was really messed up we found that your brass Giggler pin was bent and had fallen out we could not reach it with out a complete disassembly of your Slingshot but thank god for our MIT tech he had a special brass magnet to pick it up! WE replaced your Giggler pin and Giggler fluid and cleaned up the leaked Giggler fluid on your Slingshot with a bucket of steam! We also found the you Polaris Modulator was not modulating with in Polaris spec so Our MIT tech ordered a high tech high impact micro adjusting tool just to re-modulate your modulator. Jim being impressed walk out Happy while MIT tech asked the service manager what the hell is a high impact micro adjusting tool? umm it's a hammer! :00000028:

It's official!!! Winter is over, cuz Tony woke up from hibernation!!
    The only problem is, he woke up...................
    *****FRIGGIN' GRUMPY!!!***** :00008040:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)

• It's official!!! Winter is over, cuz Tony woke up from hibernation!!The only problem is, he woke up...................
    *****FRIGGIN' GRUMPY!!!***** :00008040:

That just goes to validate his wife's bumper sticker. It says, "Some mornings I wake up grumpy - other mornings I let him sleep"

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by funinthesun ().

• Drove down to the dealer for my recalls this morning. Temp was 45 degrees - a brisk30 minute drive. Four hours later all work was done and I was driving it home and the ride was a comfortable 55 degrees. It felt really nice to be behind the wheel after such a long winter break. Now I need some time to put in the new SLR seats I bought. Then I'm gonna have the exhaust and manifold ceramic coated and get the ECM tune. Then riding season can begin!

• Well Jay, maybe we can figure it out through a process of elimination.So, it wasn't you, cuz it was fast (35+ mph) , and it wasn't Tony, he went back to sleep!!! :thumbsup:

And it wasn't yours , cause yours is still @ dealer getting washed & scratched, so who could it be??? ?(

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• I think we should change the name of the thread from CT fellas post up here to the CT ball busting page! LOL
    It looks like we all graduated from the same School" BBU" Ball breaking University!
    Its nice to see a group of riders who aren't a bunch of snowflakes and that can give and well take, And have a little lite hearted fun.
    I can't wait till this riding season starts so we can get together for a ride and a beer hopefully it will be soon my brothers.