Riding the SS when there is A LOT of salt on the (MN) roads.

• I have a question for the folks that purchased the 2015 SS. I noticed while doing my corrosion control of all the steel parts that my frame rails start out painted black in front and then half way back they gradually go to gray like the painter just ran out of paint and left it. The odd thing about it is the areas that are just gray have the least amount of corrosion going on. Next time back to the dealer I’m going to inquire but I don't expect much. Are all the slings out there having there steel parts just corroding through the paint? I only have 15000 miles on it and I rarely have it out in the wet.

PAX SUPERIORE VI TELARUM

• one thing you could do is spray some wd-40 on all the control arms and the underside metals and drivetrain. It would get kinda expensive spraying under the chassis. But we used to do it before riding motorcycles and 4 wheelers in the mud and clay. Made washing them at the car wash painless and easy. All the metal parts look like new and the mud and dirt won't stick to the plastic. Just don't get any on the brake rotors. :D

Wd-40 will cut grease so don't try to soak u-joints and ball joints. Yall know what I'm talking about........

And one other tip... rubbing a cloth sprayed with WD-40 on a "warm" not hot stainless header will make it all one beautiful color. Or "enrich" the dark colors and make the other even out. Now if you burn yourself down because you don't know what warm is. It's not my fault... it's just a touch over what your hand feels as uncomfortable.

• Another option to spraying the bottom with WD40 is to use baby oil. Get the no name stuff at Dollar General in the large bottles. Use an old Windex spray bottle. This will keep the mud and dirt off also and doesn't evaporate as fast as WD40. We use it on the dirt track racecar on everything. Makes scraping mud a lot easier. I use a bug sprayer.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Thanks Rab yea the WD-40 process used it on my dirt bikes. This corrosion caught me by surprise. At 10,000 miles just one or two little spots now the whole dam chassis. Don’t know if it will help where it looks like the rust is starting under the paint. I’ll try anything at this point. So how long does it take to strip the SS down to the frame. Don't want this guy visiting my house.

PAX SUPERIORE VI TELARUM