Garage/workshop storage tricks

• I have to argue with you @MACAWS on the epoxied floor... I love it and would epoxy paint my hardwood in the house if my wife wouldn't shoot me...

It makes clean up a breeze and it looks so good... And its tough as steel. I have sprayed carb cleaner all over mine and it looks like the day i painted it ... I use purple degreaser and a pressure washer once a year to get that "clean enough to eat off of" look.

I even epoxy painted the carport and it keeps those people from asking me if I want to talk about Jesus with them... Something about slick hard sole dress shoes and painted slick concrete that dont mix... :D:D:D

In the garage I sprinkled the painted plastic flakes into the paint. It gives it a very slight texture.

• I have to argue with you @MACAWS on the epoxied floor... I love it and would epoxy paint my hardwood in the house if my wife wouldn't shoot me...

It makes clean up a breeze and it looks so good... And its tough as steel. I have sprayed carb cleaner all over mine and it looks like the day i painted it ... I use purple degreaser and a pressure washer once a year to get that "clean enough to eat off of" look.

Cleaning it is not my complaint, just scratches from running floor jack and jack stands on it. Plus when you weld the stuff droplets hit the floor and burn it.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I have worked in, on and around painted and epoxied floors for 40 years and I would never/never have my shop or garage covered in either one. Also I will not let you cut the grooves in my floor. If the ground is prepared the way it should be you will not need to cut grooves in your floor. Never pour concrete over soil that has not been packed. But they still do it because it will be cheaper in price to do and I have seen 2 garages that within one year all four corners were broke out and cracks in the floor because of poor prep work.

• You can see in these pictures that I took all the stuff off my walls. I uploaded a before and after shot of the wall on the other side of my Slingshot.. And in the pictures of the front of my slingshot you can see how clean the floor gets when its washed and the painted plastic sprinkles. I also recommend plenty of Lazyboy office chairs... And maybe a huge conference table to lay stuff on.

I also have lots of those storage pull out trays...

• Cleaning it is not my complaint, just scratches from running floor jack and jack stands on it. Plus when you weld the stuff droplets hit the floor and burn it.

I dont weld on mine so that may be a down side. However I drag metal jack wheels and other stuff across mine all the time. It puts little marks in it but they always even out. It never cut the paint. It just kinda super cleaned it where the metal slid.

• I dont weld on mine so that may be a down side. However I drag metal jack wheels and other stuff across mine all the time. It puts little marks in it but they always even out. It never cut the paint. It just kinda super cleaned it where the metal slid.

Ah you were smart and used the speckled finish
    That looks much better and doesn't show up the drag marks as much.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I have worked in, on and around painted and epoxied floors for 40 years and I would never/never have my shop or garage covered in either one. Also I will not let you cut the grooves in my floor. If the ground is prepared the way it should be you will not need to cut grooves in your floor. Never pour concrete over soil that has not been packed. But they still do it because it will be cheaper in price to do and I have seen 2 garages that within one year all four corners were broke out and cracks in the floor because of poor prep work.

I can't complain about my concrete floor 30 x 50 with groves cut into it not one crack.. wish I had a floor drain. 50 foot is long way to squeegee!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Look and you will see that my carport is that brown epoxy. When I first painted it everyone that got out of their vehicle when it was wet almost busted their butt. However as time went on people learned to pick their feet up and watch their step. Allison asked me if I was going to re-coat it and add some sand to it before it dried. I told her my surveillance videos would not be near as much fun to watch....

Here is a picture of my brown paint. And I did have a drain in my shop till someone rolled a crochet ball into it! It still drains but it is slow. I usually just squeegee it out like @MACAWS does.

I rolled all my stuff to the carport when I wash the garage out....

• YOU GUYS MAKE ME SICK,that's not a shop,it's a damn operating room.But I'm just jealous .

Hey I have learned your job will only be as clean as your work environment. I used to never wash my hands when turning wrenches. But now I can nearly keep a white shirt clean when working on my stuff in the shop. I can change my oil in a suit if I need to. I just like my shop to be clean.... It works out better for me that way,

Sometimes I take all my sockets and wrenches and polish them with microfiber towels and then i take all my bolts that i remove and trace all their threads with a knife blade just to make sure the locktite is cleaned out of the threads.... Hey its an OCD thing.

• Hey I have learned your job will only be as clean as your work environment. I used to never wash my hands when turning wrenches. But now I can nearly keep a white shirt clean when working on my stuff in the shop. I can change my oil in a suit if I need to. I just like my shop to be clean.... It works out better for me that way,
    Sometimes I take all my sockets and wrenches and polish them with microfiber towels and then i take all my bolts that i remove and trace all their threads with a knife blade just to make sure the locktite is cleaned out of the threads.... Hey its an OCD thing.

A whole lot easier to chase/clean up with a die nut