Built Engine Install With Hahn Turbo

• Awesome!! Can't wait to check it out. And is it just me or did I see photos of your sling on the dyno but no posted numbers? Is it a secret so the wife doesn't see? Lol

It was on the dyno and made 320 WHP and 360 Ft/lb torque with the springs I was running on the old motor, but it was running extremely lean. We're trying to find out why and Dave detuned it so I can drive it until it gets figured out.

• 320 on your stock motor with what color springs? .... keep us posted! =)

I always ride safe sometimes!

Toys in the Sand Box:
    2016 400hp Alpha Turbo Sling
    2016 BMW s1000rr - Austin Racing
    2015 AR 240 Jet Boat 4,000watt Stereo
    2002 CBR 954
    2003 CRF 450

• I wasn't making a point by double posting. I would have typed in all caps if I was trying to.

There is two things that are strange with the dyno numbers. Daves dyno reads really low. A stock SS on Dave's dyno will run 130hp.... And we know they should be 150hp. So on Dave's dyno a Hahn setup with the vacuum hose routed to the intake side the numbers should be 260hp and around 275lb of torque.

Hey in have seen a lot of machines run on that dyno. It's just math and numbers. There must have been some other additions to the boost numbers we didn't take in account for. I'm not questioning the numbers at all. Just something in the setup and boost that we didn't see. It would have to be about 10 psi to get up to 320hp.

@Street Doc how lean was it when y'all were making pulls? It concerns me that you made those numbers and you mentioned you were running lean... And we know that you blew your stock engine. I wonder if your fuel pump is able to keep up with the demand??????? @Street Doc I want to talk to you. Can you message me with your number and let me know the best time for me to call.

The 360lb of torque really puzzle me. You should have never got close to that number with the regular Hahn setup.

That also worries me. That lends itself to you having more boost than you think you are putting out. And that would also explain a blown stock engine.

You see where I'm headed with both my worries. You may have figured out more than you think you figured out by posting on here. Like I said give me a message if you want to talk and go over my info... I dont want you to splatter an engine. I have to have someone else to pick at this summer. :) :)

• I will completely agree that something seems weird with his setup, I discussed that with him when he picked up. His turbo is acting like it has a smaller turbine than usual, his torque comes on very early and then tapers quicker than usual at 9ish PSI. There was definitely other things at play that caused his initial failure than just the lower octane gas that he put in for that tank. I was able to get some good video of the dyno runs that I am going to share with Bob and see if we can get him straightened out with a tune that will work. Right now with the boost level he is at, air/fuels peak out at 12.3-12.4, although with the springs he had in the wastegate we were seeing well over 13:1 air/fuel and his original injectors installed, definitely not something that would not last in any engine long term. The plan right now is to have @Street Doc install a wideband and get a tune revision and slowly work the boost back up while monitoring air/fuels to make sure they stay at a safe level.

• Thanks Dave for clarification. I knew that the numbers didn't match the power. And you know it shouldn't be lean at those levels. Mine stays very stable up to 450hp . It's over that level that we saw some leanness.

I was reading what he posted and I immediately got concerned about fueling. I'm sure they Dave and Bob will get you squared away. I have seen them work for days on mine to document an issue like this. It's nice that you went to DDM. Wouldn't it be a nightmare if you had just swapped the engine at home and you still had an issue. You most likely wouldn't have caught it.. And that would be a bad thing.

Like I said they are a great bunch of people. You will have consistent boost soon!

• And you definitely need a wide band guage. I think it should be mandatory for every boosted application. You don't have to stare at it. But you will find yourself looking at it more than you think.

Every boosted application ??? ?(

Our set it and forget it supercharger kits don't require constant monitoring. Dave and Bob did the hard work so you don't have to 8)

:SUPERCHARGERSS:

Jeff Mellor
    DDMWorks
    119A Highway 183
    Piedmont, SC 29673
    Orders - 864-438-4949
    Tech Support - 864-907-6004
    www.DDMWorks.com

• Thanks Dave for clarification. I knew that the numbers didn't match the power. And you know it shouldn't be lean at those levels. Mine stays very stable up to 450hp . It's over that level that we saw some leanness.

I was reading what he posted and I immediately got concerned about fueling. I'm sure they Dave and Bob will get you squared away. I have seen them work for days on mine to document an issue like this. It's nice that you went to DDM. Wouldn't it be a nightmare if you had just swapped the engine at home and you still had an issue. You most likely wouldn't have caught it.. And that would be a bad thing.

Like I said they are a great bunch of people. You will have consistent boost soon!

That's exactly what I told him. If I had just swapped the motor myself, I'd be looking at another one soon @Dave@DDMWorks and his crew are awesome. They spent a lot of extra time figuring out what was wrong with someone else's set up.