Slingshots Uncorked (Fri, Apr 7th 2017, 9:00am - Sun, Apr 9th 2017, 12:00pm)

Date

Slingshots Uncorked

Fri, Apr 7th 2017, 8:00 am - Sun, Apr 9th 2017, 11:00 am

Clarksville, VA 23927, USA

Participants

17 participants, 1 undecided and 1 does not participate

Closing Date: Apr 7th 2017, 8:00 am
  • Awesome! Virginia has lots of beautiful back roads, and lots of Civil War history, which I love.

Looking forward to your test drive report.

Just not too fast, otherwise my bride will signal for go home, which I will obey without hesitation.

• I am not complaining Mitch. I think you did a fantastic job on the sticker. FAST ORANGE SLR.The sticker looks great.

:00008040::00008172:

:SLRSS:

Mitch, I understand completely why you didn't put the Black Stealthy Slingshot on the decal. It was so you wouldn't embarrass anyone, sometimes those with less than the Awesomeness of a Black SS, just need to feel special. I for one feel it was awesome of you to let them feel a sense of accomplishment, and a feeling of pride. It's not very often they get that.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Mitch, I understand completely why you didn't put the Black Stealthy Slingshot on the decal. It was so you wouldn't embarrass anyone, sometimes those with less than the Awesomeness of a Black SS, just need to feel special. I for one feel it was awesome of you to let them feel a sense of accomplishment, and a feeling of pride. It's not very often they get that.

It is there @Bubblehead. It is just STEALTHY and you cannot see it.

• Awesome! Virginia has lots of beautiful back roads, and lots of Civil War history, which I love.

Looking forward to your test drive report.

Just not too fast, otherwise my bride will signal for go home, which I will obey without hesitation.

Another member! @sideseatdriver, it appears @ethermion is a "husband" as you referred to in the other thread...

Fascinating! Guys (you know who you are), welcome @ethermion! :D

• Hey now... Don't tell @KayTwo, but to quote Kid Ink in the song Show Me... I'll send your badass to detention... :evil:

You wouldnt be the first, and knowing me, you won't be the last. Bring it. You don't scare me. :rolleyes:

The idea of my two little bright eyed alarm clocks being up at 0630 does though, so I'm off to bed. Behave-ish!

• I just checked the extended forecast for the weather. Looking good for us. 45% rain for Sat. with scattered showers. The other days clear and mid to high 70's. ACCU Weather

Weather forecast that far out rarely hold true. The weather around here can change in 15-20 minutes. I have been waiting for this event for a long time, and something tells me that we will have wonderful weather. It could be a little chilly, but no rain. Now if we can see to it that @MACAWS Sling is fixed and ready to ride it will be the perfect weekend with a group of fantastic people. Praying that Brewers Cycle gets @MACAWS Sling ready for this event. I really want to see that paint work.

:thumbsup:

• Checked the mileage to Clarksville today also. 281.2 miles 5 hr. 44 min. I was supposed to there at the Booze and Blues last year but @SLINGSHOOTER talked me into a few days at Murphy, N.C. I just hope it stays above 65 degrees with no rain. Going to have find someone to sit with the wounded. I will probably be there about noon.

• @hrmiracle

This is the wine tasting event. Post #1 has the event info - where to stay, what to do.

Location is freakin' beautiful, been there many times for fishing, and more recently for crew swarms.

There is a longish bridge across Kerr lake coming into town, and as I understand it the wine tasting will be on the bridge. We will also be showing off our slings on the same bridge. If you post with your V10, I will give you my spot at the center of attention. Though you are currently slingless, crew code dictates that you are still a crew member and are always welcome. If you don't have a marvelous time, @MACAWS will give you your money back. Macaws dude throws one hell of a party, so I doubt that will be necessary. And, if properly intoxicated, I do Elvis impersonations - a huge crowd pleaser, though with my wonderful bride in tow, that is unlikely. She frowns upon me getting properly intoxicated. But, I am puzzling other crowd pleasers. I plan not to disappoint.

I will call you tomorrow. You should post. I know you miss me.

• *wipes tear* man it feels good to be missed! Hard to make Vipe bros when everyone's asking you "why does your boyfriend let you drive his car?" :S I swear to god, I could literally lick the car and someone would ask "Why does your bf let you lick his car?" :| d*mn kids.

That said, I just checked the dates - we're at "Sun 'n Fun" next weekend (I'm not a pilot, but any pilots should know what it is?) all's I know is it's a 20 minute ride from Disney World.

Lemme know when you folks decide to meetup again - I'm down if I can keep up with ya'll :P + drank'in.

I sold my SL LE and downgraded to a 2008 Dodge Viper ACR and then downgraded again to a 2014 Ducati 848 Streetfighter :S

• *wipes tear* man it feels good to be missed! Hard to make Vipe bros when everyone's asking you "why does your boyfriend let you drive his car?" :S I swear to god, I could literally lick the car and someone would ask "Why does your bf let you lick his car?" :| d*mn kids.

That said, I just checked the dates - we're at "Sun 'n Fun" next weekend (I'm not a pilot, but any pilots should know what it is?) all's I know is it's a 20 minute ride from Disney World.

Lemme know when you folks decide to meetup again - I'm down if I can keep up with ya'll :P + drank'in.

Boo hiss.

Oh well, at least you were made aware. Next meaningful swarm is track day at Summit Point on 4/22. If you post, I will let you lick my sling, and take a session or two in my ride. That is a promise.

But, wait, wine tasting is NOT next weekend. It is the weekend after that. April 7-9. Double check your calendar math.

No matter what, let's keep in touch. Your V10 plus my V4 is a V14. Let's ride, enjoy the bounty of spring, and burn some gas. I love burning gas. And, visit a winery or two or three or four. I know my way around town. Seriously, just ring my phone. I am between contracts and can promptly launch most any day.

• Weather forecast that far out rarely hold true. The weather around here can change in 15-20 minutes. I have been waiting for this event for a long time, and something tells me that we will have wonderful weather. It could be a little chilly, but no rain. Now if we can see to it that @MACAWS Sling is fixed and ready to ride it will be the perfect weekend with a group of fantastic people. Praying that Brewers Cycle gets @MACAWS Sling ready for this event. I really want to see that paint work.
    :thumbsup:

Thanks - if all else fails we can ride down to Brewers to take a look. I should know something tomorrow and will post

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Say it aint so - what gremlins?

It is so. The damn brake lights come on and stay on, they go out and come back on. Then the left turn signal decides it does not want to work anymore. Someone please send @V-SHOT another gremlin bell. I will take another gremlin bell to him also. I think he needs 3 or 4. One on each corner should help.

• It is so. The damn brake lights come on and stay on, they go out and come back on. Then the left turn signal decides it does not want to work anymore. Someone please send @V-SHOT another gremlin bell. I will take another gremlin bell to him also. I think he needs 3 or 4. One on each corner should help.

It is so. The damn brake lights come on and stay on, they go out and come back on. Then the left turn signal decides it does not want to work anymore. Someone please send @V-SHOT another gremlin bell. I will take another gremlin bell to him also. I think he needs 3 or 4. One on each corner should help.

Huh. After 4 repair visits to the dealer for service, my brake light has settled down. If I was not somewhat intoxicated and tired, I could tell you the part numbers. Sensors are made in Mexico, washers in Japan, gaskets in China.