SUPERS ONLY

• Instructions will be up shortly. Install is very straight forward. if you can replace a starter/alternator on a car you can install this kit.

Henry - any luck with the posting the instructions so we know what we are getting ourselves into?

• In anticipation of the Alpha SC being shipped very soon, I replaced the Welter dual 2 inch exhaust this weekend with the Welter dual 2.5 ( @Slingrazor woohoo!) . It seems like it would just be a simple swap (and it was for the most part, thanks to several rescue phone calls to @Jeff Welter) but there are a few tight spots. This is one very well thought out exhaust and design to get it from the front to the back utilizing existing mount points/brackets/holes and custom fabricated transmission mounts and other pieces to make this fit. Professional in fit and finish. It took us a little over 6 hours, but we got it done. Not for the faint of heart... Jeff used words like Sawzall in his phone call descriptions.

I was also able to reinstall the 2 inch on another slingshot the next day, so it didn't feel neglected. By this time I was a semi-professional Welter Dual installer and it only took 2.5 hours to remove stock exhaust and install the Welter Dual. I'm not looking to improve my times anytime soon, but obviously don't mind helping anyone that needs it.

I'm about as ready as I could be at this point for the SC, since there is no way for me to have the ECU flashed in advance of it's arrival I don't believe.

@Turbosling anything new this week :) Love you guys, and I know, we can't rush perfection.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Ask them, you should be able to send your ECM in for flash a week or so before you get your SC delivered, My re-flashed ECM arrived the day before the SC did, talk about perfect timing!!! :thumbsup:

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• @Texas T I'm waiting on arrival of the same exhaust and I have to ask-to what did he suggest using a sawzall? Sure hope it was the bolts on the transmission mount. Would appreciate any input here.

Yes, have to cut them off in order to be able to remove the mount. It actually sounds worse than it was... and Jeff's mount looks better than the factory one.

• Thanks for your response @Texas T. Glad that's all it is. I already cut them off and got the top bolts off, which I had a hard time with. Got notice of delivery and wanted to be ready to install but when you mentioned Sawzall I got concerned. lol Anxious to get exhaust installed and of course, will be waiting on the Alpha S/C Kit! I'm an old fogey feeling like a kid waiting on these mods. I love it. :thumbsup:

• I gotta ask @Texas T, how far are you from Houston ?

And hypothetically . . . If I ordered the 2.5 WPDE would you come over, with tools, and "help" install ? :D

Notice the quotes on help... I'll just be learning!

about 5.5 hours, traffic on 45 permitting. Buy it, road trip it, I'll be glad to help... too many tools for me to carry and the extension cord on the sawzall won't reach that far, so we will have to utilize my friends shop. It's heated and has a lift, so I can't complain.

• about 5.5 hours, traffic on 45 permitting. Buy it, road trip it, I'll be glad to help... too many tools for me to carry and the extension cord on the sawzall won't reach that far, so we will have to utilize my friends shop. It's heated and has a lift, so I can't complain.

So @Texas T, I guess that means Arizona is out of the question?! lol :thumbsup: Just received mine not 15 minutes ago so God willing, I'll have it in tomorrow afternoon.

• Texas T....
    I was wondering do you feel the difference between the 2" and the 2.5" exhaust?
    I went straight from Factory exhaust/header/CAI to the 2.5 WP dual/header/CAI and it really opened it up.....makes me wonder about the supercharger or not.
    You will have to tell us your thoughts between each Mod...if you could, it would be great to know..... Thanks

• FYI.... I also have a note to add . I did not contact Jeff @ Welter but when I went to install his transmission mount, the holes would not line up. I tried to force it to no avail. I then pulled it back off and found that you can unbolt and turn the flat plate around on his mount. This let the holes align properly.
    It was assembled backwards at the shop.
    Again just an FYI........I had all kinds of thoughts in my head during this......"drill new holes", "loosen the front motor mounts", use a come-a-long ...LOL!

• @Moejay I went from CAI/factory exhaust to CAI/2" and really felt (and heard) the difference. Gone was the "I'm starving for air here" noise the engine was making. Power felt more aggressive above the 3500 rpm mark. I drove baffle free on the 2 inch until the day I was ready to install the 2.5, I put them in and could actually hear again. So when I installed the 2.5" I went with the baffles in. I really can't "feel" that much of a power difference between the 2 and 2.5. I fully expect the SC to blow that "feeling" out of the water.

I'll be able to leave the baffles in until my wife starts riding with me again (it's below 65, not gonna happen for awhile) and then she will make me take them out because she likes the awesome roaring noise it makes with them out.