Summit Point, WV Track Day (Sun, Apr 24th 2016, 8:00am - 8:00pm)

Date

Summit Point, WV Track Day

Sun, Apr 24th 2016, 8:00 am - 8:00 pm

Summit Point Motorsports Park 201 Motorsports Park Circle Summit Point, WV 25446

Participants

3 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Apr 24th 2016, 8:00 am
  • To my friend, the Rock:

He hosts, he wrenches, he drives like a SOB.
    My canoe camping groups annual fundraiser was great but looks like you had a blast. This old man is going to have to sharpen his skills and I'm sure you will help do that like you do with the wrenching.
    I know Sandy Hall, the owner of Tanom and his factory is 15 minutes from my house so if the gang wants to make a list of issues I will present it to him personally. He is a decent guy who sounds like had a less than stellar day. Last year he invited me to join him on a similar track day which I couldn't attend when he saw my Sling in front of the local rental store. I think all of us need to take a step back from some of the conflicts in our Sling community such as differences with vendors, competitors, forums, etc. and give Sandy credit for trying to bring a product to market without the resources Polaris has. He might even have better quality control, LOL. Besides, we always have our political "leaders" to divide us.
    Once again, congrats on what looked to me like a great time you set up based on all the comments here. Now be ready for more wrenching as I have more goodies coming (cosmetic ones).

Hey Andy!!! Hate that you weren't with us but I'm glad to hear the fundraiser was great! Not sure who told @ethermion that the Invader that crashed was the owner, but it surely wasn't Sandy, he wasn't there at all. Not sure what was going on this time. Last August when we did track day, most of them were very polite. We looked over their rides and they looked over ours. We talked about our rides and mods and seemed to show respect and appreciation for each others rides. This time had a different vibe. I will say that the majority of the Slings were ass stomping the Invaders though. I never had an Invader pass me, but I know I passed several!! :D I know that if I had paid $60K for a vehicle and was getting my ass schooled by guys in $24K vehicles, I probably would be a bit miffed as well. :cursing: Even those that have some performance mods, such as myself, turbo, JRI shocks, Nitto 555s, I'm still well under $33K... thats gotta hurt.

Anyway, I don't fault Sandy for how his customer base is behaving at the track. I have talked to Sandy a few times, on the phone, email and in person. He seemed to be a very cool and down to earth guy. He offered to give us a factory tour back in August, which I am very interested in doing, so I guess I will make that my next project to put together. I'll see if I can nail down a date and maybe we can get a group together to do some riding and go down to Sandy's for a tour of the factory where they build those things. As much as I love my Slingshot, I still appreciate the Invader for what it is and if I had the money, I would have one of those sitting in my garage next to my Sling! :D

• I talked to a guy named Chris, forgetting the last name. Claimed it was his company. Definitely not friendly.

3rd hand rumor that the owner was part of the wreck. Heard from my brother, who was also without firm facts. If the takeaway from my post was otherwise, I apologize. Two invaders were off the track when I passed. This is true, and I take no pleasure from that. Only saw the one damaged rig in the pit. Quite possible 2nd invader stopped out of compassion.

• Hey Andy!!! Hate that you weren't with us but I'm glad to hear the fundraiser was great! Not sure who told @ethermion that the Invader that crashed was the owner, but it surely wasn't Sandy, he wasn't there at all. Not sure what was going on this time. Last August when we did track day, most of them were very polite. We looked over their rides and they looked over ours. We talked about our rides and mods and seemed to show respect and appreciation for each others rides. This time had a different vibe. I will say that the majority of the Slings were ass stomping the Invaders though. I never had an Invader pass me, but I know I passed several!! :D I know that if I had paid $60K for a vehicle and was getting my ass schooled by guys in $24K vehicles, I probably would be a bit miffed as well. :cursing: Even those that have some performance mods, such as myself, turbo, JRI shocks, Nitto 555s, I'm still well under $33K... thats gotta hurt.

Anyway, I don't fault Sandy for how his customer base is behaving at the track. I have talked to Sandy a few times, on the phone, email and in person. He seemed to be a very cool and down to earth guy. He offered to give us a factory tour back in August, which I am very interested in doing, so I guess I will make that my next project to put together. I'll see if I can nail down a date and maybe we can get a group together to do some riding and go down to Sandy's for a tour of the factory where they build those things. As much as I love my Slingshot, I still appreciate the Invader for what it is and if I had the money, I would have one of those sitting in my garage next to my Sling! :D

Her brother Rock - I think you should be running for office, you are quite the diplomat I can see it now President Rock of the US Slingshot Community! - Got my vote if next track day you take me in tow and learn me some track skills.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I talked to a guy named Chris, forgetting the last name. Claimed it was his company. Definitely not friendly.

3rd hand rumor that the owner was part of the wreck. Heard from my brother, who was also without firm facts. If the takeaway from my post was otherwise, I apologize. Two invaders were off the track when I passed. This is true, and I take no pleasure from that. Only saw the one damaged rig in the pit. Quite possible 2nd invader stopped out of compassion.

Oh okay, that makes sense. So Sandy Hall is actually the owner. Chris Hall is his brother who runs the production line. Sounds like he was maybe talking up his "role" a bit unless something has happened that I am unaware of...

@ethermion no need for apologies. I can't believe anyone would take anything malicious out of your post.

I heard from somebody who heard from somebody who heard that one of the drivers was the owner of Tanom.

I think the whole "I heard from somebody who heard from somebody" is an inherent disclaimer that this information may not be 100% accurate. I don't see that you did anything wrong buddy. I was just making sure that @Andy Hatch didn't have bad info being that he know Sandy.

• Cool. Unfriendly Chris did invite me to come visit for a factory tour. This, I will do with great pleasure.

After some thought, he seemed stressed out a bit. Might just have been the moment. Production line, or owner, guessing a lot on the line. Had my own business for a decade so I can see that.

No harsh words to them based on me, please. Been in VA since '65, and would be happy to see local boys do well.

• I just want to thank everyone, and especially the Rock, for making yesterday such a memorable day. I leaned so much about driving the SlingShot, and still have so much more to learn. I serious doubt I would have ever done anything like it on my own. To repeat what has been said by members much more eloquent than I, what a freaking fantastic time! I really felt like I was at a family gathering. I was sadden to learn about the V8, I wish I had still been there to help. But, like the Phoenix, I'm sure it will rise again!

• Well, how did we do? You asked for updates to this thread... Though I doubt this is the end. Fun, fun, fun times.

That is some fantastic info! Thanks to everyone that posted! ! I watched @TheRock video twice already. That's some awesome driving skills. I wish I lived closer to you folks cuz we have nothing going on like that here in Cali that I have seen! Great job and great event. Glad everyone made it home safe!!

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

Edited once, last by STYLN ().

• That is some fantastic info! Thanks to everyone that posted! ! I watched @TheRock video twice already. That's some awesome driving skills. I wish I lived closer to you folks cuz we have nothing going on like that here is Cali that I have seen! Great job and gun event and glad everyone made it home safe!!

Jon the shirts were awesome!! Thank you for hooking us up with great looking apparel for an awesome event! Most everyone was sporting them. @Tango hooked @Turbosling and DJ up with a couple as well. @Turbosling we expect to see a couple pics of you guys wearing your shirts! ;)

If you are looking for a move, we do have some of the most awesome Slingshot owners around in this part of the woods
    (nah... I'm not biased at all ;) ) and there is a house for sale 3 houses down from me!! :D Just sayin' :D

I think next time I might have to put in a larger order for a bigger variety of stuff and set up some stands!!

• That is some fantastic info! Thanks to everyone that posted! ! I watched @TheRock video twice already. That's some awesome driving skills. I wish I lived closer to you folks cuz we have nothing going on like that here is Cali that I have seen! Great job and gun event and glad everyone made it home safe!!

Better bargains on houses near me! Plus historic Williamsburg is right down the road! The shirts were perfect. We looked like pimps. The shade of red on all the shirts was a little off, but that's okay.

• Jon the shirts were awesome!! Thank you for hooking us up with great looking apparel for an awesome event! Most everyone was sporting them. @Tango hooked @Turbosling and DJ up with a couple as well. @Turbosling we expect to see a couple pics of you guys wearing your shirts! ;)

If you are looking for a move, we do have some of the most awesome Slingshot owners around in this part of the woods
    (nah... I'm not biased at all ;) ) and there is a house for sale 3 houses down from me!! :D Just sayin' :D

I think next time I might have to put in a larger order for a bigger variety of stuff and set up some stands!!

Brother you have NO idea how many times I've told the wife that all the Cool Kids are hanging out in the east!! I'm ready to move in about 5 yrs when that last kid hits 18 and I shove her off to college!!

Glad the shirts worked out and I have your 2 other Larges going out tomorrow!

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Better bargains on houses near me! Plus historic Williamsburg is right down the road! The shirts were perfect. We looked like pimps. The shade of red on all the shirts was a little off, but that's okay.

Dude what's wrong with you!?! They are red...you just have to drink 9 beers, hang upside down, puff on the vape, cover one eye and pinch your right "cheek" to see it oh and all while recording it to YouTube. I don't know why but for some reason if you forget that last part it never works!!

I'm afraid that I be mocked for not knowing the history of Williamsburg and for that my house will be haunted, but as long as I'm your neighbor, I know you'll be there to tuck me in at night when I'm scared!! Thanks Cameron Roberts!

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

it was the owner of the toys company that crashed.

• Ya think ..... smile-squared

Uhhhh.... TRIKE WARS!!! I had no idea we were in a war?!?! I thought if anything we would be a brotherhood of Trikesters!! Sure, our Manufactures may be competitors, but that doesn't mean there should be any bad blood between the owners of Slings and Invaders. Its all kind of starting to make sense now though... I am curious to see the video footage now... bet there isn't one scene where Slingshots are passing Invaders!! :00002178:

BUT I HAVE PLENTY OF FOOTAGE OF IT!!!!! :00008698:

• Uhhhh.... TRIKE WARS!!! I had no idea we were in a war?!?! I thought if anything we would be a brotherhood of Trikesters!! Sure, our Manufactures may be competitors, but that doesn't mean there should be any bad blood between the owners of Slings and Invaders. Its all kind of starting to make sense now though... I am curious to see the video footage now... bet there isn't one scene where Slingshots are passing Invaders!! :00002178:

BUT I HAVE PLENTY OF FOOTAGE OF IT!!!!! :00008698:

It is now all clear! Now I see why they were so aggressive on the track not letting us around them. Had I known, I would have pick up my aggressiveness up a little. Driving at 60% all day easily could have picked up another 15-20% no problem comfortably.

• Dude what's wrong with you!?! They are red...you just have to drink 9 beers, hang upside down, puff on the vape, cover one eye and pinch your right "cheek" to see it oh and all while recording it to YouTube. I don't know why but for some reason if you forget that last part it never works!!

I'm afraid that I be mocked for not knowing the history of Williamsburg and for that my house will be haunted, but as long as I'm your neighbor, I know you'll be there to tuck me in at night when I'm scared!! Thanks Cameron Roberts!

hey brother - Plenty of room down here in south central VA if you like extra rural living... Loved the shirts we were the best dressed group. Got my new bling in the mail today - perfect color - Will post when I get them installed!
    Next time you should fly in for the day your brothers will sling you around the track.

Be Safe

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• hey brother - Plenty of room down here in south central VA if you like extra rural living... Loved the shirts we were the best dressed group. Got my new bling in the mail today - perfect color - Will post when I get them installed!
    Next time you should fly in for the day your brothers will sling you around the track.

Be Safe

I think for the next one I will actually take you up on that offer!! I wouldn't mind riding passenger at this event! Let me buy the wife a new purse and then ask for the "ok"!!

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• I think for the next one I will actually take you up on that offer!! I wouldn't mind riding passenger at this event! Let me buy the wife a new purse and then ask for the "ok"!!

Look at all the folks who are so eager to call you neighbor!!!

Why ask for permission when you could ask for forgiveness!! :00007510:

I kid... you better ask for that permission!