Towing the Sling

• I've seen the posts of some of your trailers from the plain and simple to the top of the line that are show pieces, but they are all set up to haul the Sling. Is there a problem with using a car dolly for the front wheels like they have at U-haul? I would assume it would be the same as towing a car with a manual trasmission and should be ok, but I haven't seen anyone here post about towing with the rear wheel on the ground. Thanks in advance.

• There has been one or two that have done it and they said they have had no issues. Polaris states that it can NOT be towed with the rear wheel on the ground. Not sure if their issue is stability or frame stress, but unless thats' the only choice, I would try to find another way. JMHO

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I'd worry about the swingarm stress also. Would prefer in a dolly situation to tow with the front wheels on the ground with the steering locked and tied off. I've been researching trailers for a long time and just plunked a deposit down on the SlingThing aluminum trailer which is made specifically for the Slingshot. They start at $3995 well equipped and are competitively priced against other aluminum trailers like the Aluma and Beartrack. Big plus though is that there's no adapting needed for the Sling, the ramps (or gate) are long and there is a lower beavertail at the rear. There are no side rails to worry about hitting and the wheelfenders are easily removable. Built in chocks and tiedowns are sturdy and dirt simple. All kind of reasonably priced options also. Aluminum trailers stand up better with weather and are much lighter. Easy to maneuver around by hand when empty and tow easier. I had an Aluma with my Spyder and loved it. This will be even better because it's easier to load/unload and tie down.

• Not sure, but I believe Polaris concern about towing with the rear wheel on the ground is wear and tear on the back-half of the drive train. Even with the trans in Neutral, the angle drive and belt are constantly turning. Assuming the swingarm can handle the strain, using a conventional front wheel tow dolly may work if you disconnect the belt to protect the angle drive.
    To tow the Slingshot backward using a two-wheel tow dolly, you need one that places the rear wheel relatively low to the ground so the front lower wing doesn't scrape. It also needs a pivot point under the rear wheel to remove any twisting stress induced during turns since the tow dolly will want to turn and if the rear wheel is locked to the tow dolly it will place strain on the swingarm.
    One criticism some folks have with using a tow dolly to tow the Slingshot with the rear tire on the dolly and the front wheels on the ground is because the slight turn-in of the front tires that helps the Slingshot handle when driven will react as if the wheels are turned out when towed backwards and increase tire wear as well as possibly inducing some undesirable handling characteristics. Personally, I feel the relatively small turn-in on the front tires will not present any appreciable towing problems based on the reports from folks who have used a rear-wheel tow dolly to tow their Slingshots in a backwards position.