Interesting take on fenders...

• Just think of the poor guy behind you. This happened on the last trip to Murphy @SLINGSHOOTER was in front, the pile was dead center of the lane, luckily we were far enough back that all we got was the smell

:00008172::00008356::00008172:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Otter mounted round headlights above the outer headlight spots and also had Runman's four wheel rear conversion installed. Last I remember he was still trying to figure out what he was going to do for fenders. He felt he had achieved an Ariel Atom-like performance for much less. He also wrote that the gearing of the Runman rear end called for a little more low-end grunt. Don't know if he went forced induction or not.

• Road apples - I hate them. I was once following designer thru Amish country - a little to close and was scraping horse poo out of every nook and cranny.

Yeah...they're like little green Hershey-ettes peppered all over the Sling!!! Some of them even have little grass ribbons sticking out the top just like the real thing!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• He needs these fenders to stop rain and dirt from slinging at the Sling..could not help myself with Slinging.
    Last week the rear tire hit gallon of white paint and spattered all over the rear and wish I had a rear fender that day.
    What a mess .glad I did not have welter rear exhaust on that day.

• He needs these fenders to stop rain and dirt from slinging at the Sling..could not help myself with Slinging.
    Last week the rear tire hit gallon of white paint and spattered all over the rear and wish I had a rear fender that day.

Is this yours? If so what finders did u use....

• I started out with trailer fenders from tractor supply for first fenders. I had a Panoz Roadster and luv the fenders on it.
    So I started fiberglassing my own fenders and took approx 5 fenders to get the right size and fit.
    In spring will show new fenders and body work that I have been working on.

I would really enjoy seeing your ss.....

• Maybe @harleyujoe knows... His Slingshot is very unique and interesting!

But yeah, I see Prowler similarities... The front needs touching up if the fenders are staying off... Looks odd with the lower wing pieces...

He needs these fenders to stop rain and dirt from slinging at the Sling..could not help myself with Slinging.

There he is! Haha... :thumbsup:

Can't remember what thread it was, but like @techguruguy, I'm also interested in seeing more of your Sling... :thumbup:

• No I tore it apart ..I was trying to make it look on lines of Morgan and after wrapping it in aluminum/ fiberglas.
    I realized that SS was just to big for that much body work..
    This is fiberglas version and I had a aluminum version with more rounded rear fiberglas is squared off in back.
    But do have on photo of it ..

It takes big set of nads to tear up a new SS and create something completely unique - my hats off to you sir!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I am much more satisfied with the new direction and more simple.. With cutting off the SS fender frame and I agree without the lights sticking out at top that bottom spoiler
    does not look portion without something above it..The picture here is no spoiler and was going after the VW 3 wheeler look and I could have pulled it off and not to say in
    few years I may still do it. But all fenders and hood would be needed to be made and I am tired of this being apart and not driving it.
    I had cut the headlights off and re welded them back just to go to Maggie Valley.
    But what I have done now is make a smaller top to cover lights and still have my wheel fenders exposed to give it a open roadster look from side view.
    I actually like SS from front view but hated the side view with tall front fenders and the piece on back hanging there that was side panel going nowhere.
    So will post pictures if I get good weather next few weeks to fiberglas some.

Also picture of my old 1999 Panoz roadster which I like the fenders and sort of copied .

• We have a Lotus Evora/ Chevy SSR now and my wife misses the Panoz Roadster the most of all the cars we owned.
    But with no heated garage all the suspension was starting to rust and did not want to restore it to keep it.
    Well today is a ride along the river in SSR top down , going to be 85 degrees in NJ and taking a break from SS.LOL

The 2 toys I like the best but were to small to drive down interstates were the Honda 650 JZR and the Moto Guzzi Triking.
    30" tall and 11' long I could go under a tractor trailer and my wife was not comfortable with my way of driving.
    I usually scare most in SS when I take people for rides.. Now that is what I like.