Reminder to write Crystal! Being deployed sucks!

• I know you're still active duty but was wondering if your wife still is? Just curious...
    Thank you BOTH for your service! I did 4 years USAF & 6 years USN (nuclear electrician on a fast attack sub). LOTS of veterans (& some active duty) here on the forum - LOVE IT!!!

She did 9 years before she pulled chocks. Navy, same as me. I knew you were a bubblehead, but I didn't know you were a zoomie before that. Interesting career path.

I know a lot of other active and veteran servicemembers who, like myself, never really know how to respond gracefully to "Thank you for your service." You'd think I would have a handle on that after 20 years in uniform, but I don't. I was in uniform at the Sling dealer yesterday, got that and a handshake from another customer. "You're welcome" isn't right, because it's not *for* them, but I can't be rude or flippant about it either. So I usually just shake hands and give a head nod....which probably isn't sufficient either.

Anyway, I didn't realize until today that Crystal was a JG vice 1stLT. Being a Navy nurse on the ground must be interesting. Tell her if she needs some Navy chat to counter the grunt influence, let me know, LOL.

• Le Couvent des Minimes Hikers foot healers lotion (got that from the couple that sent me a package a few weeks maybe a month back...Allison maybe? Have to look up their names. loved it!)
    I did send her this, I will get a few more ordered and send them to her, along with the hand cream also.
    I received her sweet letter this week. Amazing young lady!

Hi Allison! She just texted me a little bit ago that she checked her list & verified it was you; she was working & pulled your name from memory. Thank you for sending more, she apparently likes it! She truly IS a sweetheart!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• It is amazing that Crystal is able to keep up so well, with all of us crazy folks, writing and emailing her- She is awesome!

I know, right?! She is VERY busy but I think that's a good thing! It makes her time there go by more quickly & doesn't allow her to dwell on home & get depressed. All of her new friends on the forum, your letters, your packages, help her through this deployment!

• I know, right?! She is VERY busy but I think that's a good thing! It makes her time there go by more quickly & doesn't allow her to dwell on home & get depressed. All of her new friends on the forum, your letters, your packages, help her through this deployment!

How much time does she have left, give or take?

• @Tripod. If nobody has covered the lotion, the dice and the Kashi bars I will. Don't want to buy double so let me know asap. If they have, I'll buy other items.

Wow! Thanks, Paul! I know @adventure4me (Anita) has the dice covered & several other items (see previous page; she didn't list all the items she's sending) so maybe we can get her to kick in here or you two could PM so there's no overlap? The people on this forum ROCK!!!

• Wow! Thanks, Paul! I know @adventure4me (Anita) has the dice covered & several other items (see previous page; she didn't list all the items she's sending) so maybe we can get her to kick in here or you two could PM so there's no overlap? The people on this forum ROCK!!!

Just sent an email to Anita so will order when I hear from her. :thumbup:

• So I texted Crystal screenshots of some of the above posts by the forum. Here's what she texted back:

"I feel so special to have such amazing support from such good people. They will forever be my "slingshot" family."

:thumbsup:

• Thank you @NatomasSlingshot1!

3 texts from Crystal & some pics...
    (Texts sent 11:30 a.m. her time)

"Dee's taco salad care package made it...they weren't gentle but somehow everything made it in one piece!"

"Apparently they couldn't read..."

"So excited to go get lunch now! A little lettuce and tomato from the cafeteria & I got it made!!!"

:thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Tripod ().

• Dee, so ya' know, Crystal & Paul lived here in Las Cruces for a couple years before she went into the Navy & she really learned to love the fantastic Mexican food we have here in this area. Trust me, you have totally made her day! That 3rd text from her is the first that I have ever seen her send with 3 exclamation points... :thumbsup::00008698:

(I tried texting her back but no reply - she was GONE!!! Off in search of lettuce & tomatoes I'm sure... :00000156: )

What a brilliant package! I would never have thought of that! :00008862: You're a doll - thanks again!!!

Edited 2 times, last by Tripod ().