Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• I have wondered about that with the tire pressure... I run 28 in the fronts and 30 in the rear... Right now normal driving not getting on it all the time I am getting between 30 and 35 and all I have added is the CAI.

I am seriously considering the DDM shocks and may try the increase tire pressure after that... Not for just bombing around, but when I travel.

As usual, awesome pictures....

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I always keep track of the tread wear and set air pressure to give me even wear all the way across the tire tread. You will find that the tire pressure needed can change according to the brand of tire. Now for track days all of that is out of the window, fronts would be around 26-28 psi and the rear "COLD" 23 psi for the stock sizes.

• I had a old chevy pickup truck in the early 70s. Don't remember to year but it had a wooden bed with many rotted out holes in it. Had a hole in the driver side floor you could drop a basketball through that I put cardboard over in the winter. I mounted a vacuum gage on the dash and drove trying to keep the vacuum from dropping a lot. If it was raining you didn't need it as if you got on her to hard the wipers would stop. They were vacuum run. All this light foot driving went away when I bought a 1969 Dodge Super Bee.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• billythekidd Well here I am being mystified about mileage again maybe it has to do with the tire itself. I’m running Toyo’s on the front and a Falcon on the rear and at 30 pounds I wasn’t getting anywhere near that gas mileage🧐

I am sure you have seen my screen shots of the mileage that I have been getting... I am just as mystified, especially the last group ride I was on 39mpg.... I thought it must be a mistake... but it wasn't . I still have the original Kenda's on the front with over 10K on them and just put a Nitto 555g2 on the rear...(about 3k ago) and run them as I mentioned.

Needless to say I am happy... Now bombing around town with lots of stop and go and a bit heavier foot I only get 29. My little trip to Sedona with included all types of driving, from city stop and go to over 80mph on highway I averaged 33 for the whole trip.

• I am sure you have seen my screen shots of the mileage that I have been getting... I am just as mystified, especially the last group ride I was on 39mpg.... I thought it must be a mistake... but it wasn't . I still have the original Kenda's on the front with over 10K on them and just put a Nitto 555g2 on the rear...(about 3k ago) and run them as I mentioned.

Needless to say I am happy... Now bombing around town with lots of stop and go and a bit heavier foot I only get 29. My little trip to Sedona with included all types of driving, from city stop and go to over 80mph on highway I averaged 33 for the whole trip.

Did you verify by filling up and manually calculating the mpg? I always got 35 before boosting. Others found that hard to believe.

• I really don’t care about MPG I’m most interested in the performance of the tire and keeping tread ware even and planted. If I can get both then great. 28-30 PSI feels good for touring but can be sluggish in the twisties. 35 felt ridged and a little bumpy. Dialing down the rebound on the DDM’s compensated ok. My Ricky Racer days are past but I do enjoy “spirited” riding to the extent my co- pilot permits. I guess it is what it is so perhaps just go back to enjoying the ride.
    MPG I guess is for my truck- not my sling. 😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Did you verify by filling up and manually calculating the mpg? I always got 35 before boosting. Others found that hard to believe.

Yes, I drove 185 miles and took 4.7 gallons.... I was very happy (shocked). Most of the day was at altitude and normal speeds (group of 15 slings) but still.... I posted another picture of basically the same ride just by myself with a little more foot on the throttle and got 37mpg.

• There are a bunch of factors that can impact MPG. Things we don't even think about like altitude and humidity. 2 totally identical setups could get very different MPG simply because one is being driven near sea level when the other is up in the High Sierra

Then of course we have SoCal who is regularly driving from sea level through places like the High Sierra

Unless you are driving in the same place comparing milage and expecting it to be the same is not going to work

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Is there something such as a California SlingShot from an emissions standpoint???? Maybe that’s a factor?
    California has special restrictions for cars I’m just wondering about slings…

yes there are differences - the California slingshots have evaporative charcoal canisters and other associated parts that attach by the fuel tanks that non California Slingshots do not have

not sure if this would impact MPG or not

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have constant red lights for any 50 mile radius. Many times, it takes two light changes to get through. No escape. Even outside of the congestion it's still red lights. Stock I got 27.5 and with the supercharger de-tuned running a stock exhaust it's about 23.8.