Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• 220 mile ride nothing exciting. Temp hit 92. I don't know how people drive in the heat. Best riding for me is 72 sun with leather jacket.

All depends on the humidity - - around here with 10% to 15% humidity or lower being pretty normal 90's low 100's seems like very comfortable riding weather to me. on the other hand 70's or 80's with 40% to 50% humidity or God forbid 70% humidity and I would rather stay inside than ride.

Humidity is what sucks keeps your body from being able to properly cool itself

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• All depends on the humidity - - around here with 10% to 15% humidity or lower being pretty normal 90's low 100's seems like very comfortable riding weather to me. on the other hand 70's or 80's with 40% to 50% humidity or God forbid 70% humidity and I would rather stay inside than ride.

Humidity is what sucks keeps your body from being able to properly cool itself

No humidity today. Maine usually has no or very little humidity except for a few weeks in summer. Too hot for me today but I'll keep riding.

• No humidity today. Maine usually has no or very little humidity except for a few weeks in summer. Too hot for me today but I'll keep riding.

I suspect your idea of "no or very little humidity" is very different than mine

I just googled current humidity in Main and this is what came up - - - 74% - - -that to me is horrible humidity very very high

this is where we are right now - - 7%

Your probably just so used to it that 70% doesn't feel like much, but it makes a huge difference compared to 7% - at 7% your perspiration evaporates very quickly which makes 90 to 100 degrees feel very nice at 74% your body does not cool nearly as well

• Touche Maine is not known for humidity especially may

I realize this, but normal low humidity for most places is still much higher than what we are used to here. This is a desert and as such is extremely dry

just out of curiosity what is your humidity today?

• 70.. I hear allot about dry heat but when wife and i toured out west on our wing it was f'n hot!

hehehe just like you are used to higher humidity than I am, I am used to higher temperatures. After living here over 35 years I have gotten to the point where I consider 70 to be cold and hot is 110 and over, heck we keep the AC set at 79 or 80 in the summer

• Cause we "fancy like" that.... lol Beautiful day to ride in Colorado so went to a few local restaurants to get a few gift-cards lined up. Plan is to give to those folks at registration for slingfest who traveled the furthest. Also, trying to convince my wife to either go or let me go ride tomorrow, as buddy has a long one he wants to do and I like riding with him cause we ride. Stop for gas, stop to grab lunch preferably something we can eat on the go, and stop at the bar near his place for one beer then home. We get a lot of miles in those 5-6 hour rides!

No description available.

• Got my ride in today, man did I need that. Just riding, no stopping and bs'n at the gas stations forever, just riding. Loved it, some good father n son time too. Next time though going to make him put his phone in airplane mode so I don't get texts from the wife about the speed. I didn't know Life360 not only tracked you but speed from point to point lol. My kid did use his 1st payphone today, kinda funny to me as I remember when it was a quarter (dime before that?) to make a call and this was 50 cents for a local call. Also ran into a huge motorcycle group was kinda cool to shoot the breeze with those guys a bit. Oh and added a photo of Pete's hood, sickest paint job I've seen (Sarah Clark - tattoo your ride)

Definitely going to do this route again with the wife, passed a few hole in the wall restaurants that I'd like to check out. Was a good run to check on the sling temps... I stopped adding anti-freeze to be able to see it in the sight glass and low and behold no more "burping" over night.... Just weird not seeing it in the glass when I go to leave... once running all good glass is full etc... not over-heating at all so going to just accept that mine does this lol

• Mother nature gave us a favorable window so heading out Friday afternoon- spend the evening in Laughlin going through the desert, no freeways. Then head to Vegas and see the Doobie brothers! Figured we might as well see them now while they can still wheel them out. Head home on Sunday through Joshua tree.

Riding through the desert in the late afternoon early evening is an incredible experience. The color changes are amazing through sunset/dusk.

Probably the last time before it gets too darn hot but the beaded seats are in for the summer.😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().