Don't Do What I DiD Bleeding Brakes

• Uh Oh....I sure hope their service dept is more competent than their sales dept!!!! Quality is found in the details!!! Getting the brake system bled properly can be frustrating or it can be fairly simple if they know what they are doing and also have knowledge about the unusual issue with our Sling brakes. Sometimes it's not as easy as the normal brake bleed or flush. Some Slings require having the ABS system engaged and cycled 3-5 times to purge the air trapped in it, then bleed the system. Once the air is purged you should have the strong brake pedal. Hopefully your service manager has some knowledge about this particular circumstance, or is open to performing the unusual "ABS Cycling" steps if needed to get you the proper brakes these Slings have. My service manager had performed many repeat brake bleeds in an effort to fix this issue for his customers, but until I described how I fixed my own brakes (took several discussions before it sunk in), he gave it a try and now performs the ABS Cycling on all the weak/soft brake issues he receives. Oh, and this should be performed free under warranty as well. Believe me, you will like your brakes if they get the air out first. Then consider the brace. The brace alone will not give you the strong pedal you're expecting, but it will help once the brakes are free of air!!!!

Thanks roadog1aj very detailed and informative, along with sounding like a pain in the ass of a job to do as well. Have to make a service appointment soon and inquire about the abs cycling as well. I will also find out what kind of knowledge this dealer has about the maintenance and servicing of the ss. It's one thing to sell them, and another to be able to work on them. It's nice to have a site like this one to keep oneself informed and to have facts as to not be bullshitted by sketchy dealers that are looking to make a few extra bucks off of the uninformed and less knowledgable consumer . "Knowledge is power" like someone wrote on the politics suck post, don't be one of the sheep, do your homework and come up with your own belief after making yourself educated. And don't believe mainstream media, they are doing the devils bidding, it's so transparent I don't see how people except it as truth. Sorry to get off topic.

• Thanks roadog1aj very detailed and informative, along with sounding like a pain in the ass of a job to do as well. Have to make a service appointment soon and inquire about the abs cycling as well. I will also find out what kind of knowledge this dealer has about the maintenance and servicing of the ss. It's one thing to sell them, and another to be able to work on them. It's nice to have a site like this one to keep oneself informed and to have facts as to not be bullshitted by sketchy dealers that are looking to make a few extra bucks off of the uninformed and less knowledgable consumer . "Knowledge is power" like someone wrote on the politics suck post, don't be one of the sheep, do your homework and come up with your own belief after making yourself educated. And don't believe mainstream media, they are doing the devils bidding, it's so transparent I don't see how people except it as truth. Sorry to get off topic.

Well said Sir!! :00000436::00007555:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi