Anyone install both kits (Heat)

• Has anyone installed the DEI complete heat control kit as well as the Polaris after market shroud and kit? I believe the tunnel and passenger floor board additions would definitely help. My question is on the Firewall section. Which solution works better? Will they both fit?

• I have installed the DEI kit, on my 2016MY. There already is a very small insulating shield on the fire wall, what a joke that is. We rode one day for about 220 miles and my wife had to hang her legs up and over the bars to keep her feet and legs cools. The floor was very very hot. well I got the kit and was able to install just as they say. I did though call them and talk them while installing. the reason I did that there is a video by Slingking on how to install the fire wall jacket, which I didn't like because he cut 1 of the installation tabs off. Slingking and I both have the same exhaust (Alpha Electronic exhaust) which is much smaller than the stock. I was able to get the jacket installed without cutting off 1 of the tabs. the remainner of the insulation pieces were not as hard to do. I have not installed the 1 though located behind the radio.

I also installed the exhaust jacket. Because there was quite a bit of insulation jacket left over I cut a piece to match the Gen 1 floor mats on the passenger side, I cut double sided tape and attached to the jacket and then weighted it down with blocks over night. You will not believe how much cooler the floor is now. the floor only gets a little warm. pictures attached to show you what I did

• I have both the DEI AND the Polaris kits installed. Why do you ask?

I have the Polaris kit installed and am considering adding the DEI components. Both kits have the firewall component in front of passenger. Did you install both of the insulation panels or is it even possible?

• On my 2016MY had 1 piece of insulation already installed on mine on the fire wall and I installed the DEI over it. As you can see in the 1st picture on the upper right hand corner you can see the original piece of insulation.

• On my 2016MY had 1 piece of insulation already installed on mine on the fire wall and I installed the DEI over it. As you can see in the 1st picture on the upper right hand corner you can see the original piece of insulation.

toons2, thanks for the pics and information. I have a 2016 SL and it has the original stock thin insulation. I installed the Polaris kit which covered the stock insulation with the Polaris version. I am considering adding the DEI kit just to get the tunnel, passenger floor board and side insulation pads.

I am reaching out to determine if the DEI Firewall portion will install over the stock thin insulation and Polaris after market on the passenger side firewall? If not, is the DEI better/thicker and should I remove the Polaris after market and use the DEI?

• well that depends on thick the Polaris insulation is? Also how does the passenger comp. feel the way it is now? Di loves the new insulation kit installed. I wont think you would be able to add the DEI kit over the Polaris one. I had a hard time installing DEI over the thin coat of insulation that was already there.

• well that depends on thick the Polaris insulation is? Also how does the passenger comp. feel the way it is now? Di loves the new insulation kit installed. I wont think you would be able to add the DEI kit over the Polaris one. I had a hard time installing DEI over the thin coat of insulation that was already there.

Thanks, that information helps. Safe Driving!!

• I installed the Polaris heat kit. Not a fun project. Wife says feet are not frying and she is happy. She did mention the floor is still hot. DEI said they sell the floor and tunnel heat shields as a kit for 120. Not interested in the tunnel but will see if they will just sell me the floor shield.

• I installed the Polaris heat kit. Not a fun project. Wife says feet are not frying and she is happy. She did mention the floor is still hot. DEI said they sell the floor and tunnel heat shields as a kit for 120. Not interested in the tunnel but will see if they will just sell me the floor shield.

Glad to hear you got the kit installed and lived to tell about it @EricRedSL :D

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi